SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Rotten here, 3c and heavy rain & sleet. 

Roll on spring. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Wind is starting to get up a bit here, may be a small sting in the tail of this low, as the small new low moves se.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Just had a double rainbow, followed my a moderate rain/graupel shower.

• Like 2

Posted

Lots of weather today, squally rain, the fence panel down again, blue skies and some stunning cloudscapes. The birds have had some very beady eyes on the garden. Here's a pic of Oxshott Common just after an afternoon storm passed through.

IMG_20190210_160505.jpg

• Like 3

Posted

Roll on The Siberian Beast  in March. I'm not ready for spring just yet. I'd settle even for just one more night of snow with a decent covering.

• Like 2

Posted
30 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

Mole was high today in Cobham

I don't recognise that spot @Badgers01. Is it good for walking? And to keep it weather-related, it's dark out now and a bit cold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
6 minutes ago, Reefseeker said:

I don't recognise that spot @Badgers01. Is it good for walking? And to keep it weather-related, it's dark out now and a bit cold

It’s just by the river mole off Cobham High Street by the Ivy restaurant !! 

• Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

It’s just by the river mole off Cobham High Street by the Ivy restaurant !! 

Well that's a good enough reason to go.... but to The Ivy or to the River Mole?! I can't imagine it's dog-friendly somehow but I'm sure the four-legged chap would be more than happy to sacrifice a walk so I get to eat 'luxe'! Went to the one in Wimbledon Village just before the tournament and there were lots of tennis enthusiasts, broadcasters and the like there; breakfast was decent. Aaaannnddd back on topic, it's still cold and dark outside.

Posted
26 minutes ago, Reefseeker said:

Well that's a good enough reason to go.... but to The Ivy or to the River Mole?! I can't imagine it's dog-friendly somehow but I'm sure the four-legged chap would be more than happy to sacrifice a walk so I get to eat 'luxe'! Went to the one in Wimbledon Village just before the tournament and there were lots of tennis enthusiasts, broadcasters and the like there; breakfast was decent. Aaaannnddd back on topic, it's still cold and dark outside.

No dogs allowed at the Ivy not even my Jack Russell Chihuahua hybrid patch !! 

8D0150CF-5E95-4901-9872-A5E96BDA9208.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
Just now, Badgers01 said:

No dogs allowed at the Ivy not even my Jack Russell Chihuahua hybrid patch !! 

8D0150CF-5E95-4901-9872-A5E96BDA9208.jpeg

How could they ever say no to such an adorable little chap?! Bless him; they would need hearts of stone... or a very strictly enforced management policy I suppose....

• Thanks 1

Posted

Looks like I can go out next week wearing a light jumper. 14C in the sun will feel nice. Won't be surprised if we get colder weather in March but for now I'll put my winter coat away! 

Posted
1 hour ago, yamkin said:

CFS 6Z Is Bringing The Colder Conditions Sooner On This Run

anim_qax9.gif

anim_cll7.gif

Is this the same as the Chinese model that was getting quoted on here recently as bringing in a freeze?  Let's face it, this winter has not delivered cold despite an almost unprecedented level of hype / hope.  I don't care about cold and snow any more; if it comes great, if not please give me mild and sunshine and make winter as short as possible.

• Like 2

APPOLOGY LETTER FROM WINTER

dear customers I am writing this to apologise for the utterly bad service that I have provided to you since November which is now llikely to last for the rest of the contract period untill next season.

we promised that the coverage of cold will be much better as we had installed a new MJOdevice and a SSW  heater to boost the reception, however these proved unhelpful.

I know we kept sending you updates of our engineering work and our gfs crew kept on stating that the progress signals all kept on pointing to a 10 or 16 day period where all clients will have the full benefit of our freeze service. Again this did not happen and we had to sit back and read all the comments from dishearted customers.

saying this we did manage to squeeze in a few good days where some postcodes benefited from the cold and transmition of snow was successful. 

On top of all this it is with regret to inform you that the administrators have been called in now and the pressure has become high and will be Hard to shift further North to our competitirs for us to benefit. It's highly likely that a new director called SPRING will take over and put even more heat on the fire.

It's not been a good season but we will do everything in our hands to find out why it went all wrong. We do hope to be rescued and come back next season when it's our turn again and provide a better service. 

Appologied again for all the wet towels that have been left. 

Yours WINTER

• Like 1

Posted

looking like spring will be making an appearance this week , wonder if any where in our region will make 15c ? 

Posted
11 minutes ago, Uxbridge90 said:

End of the week starting to look very good - 14 or 15c with plenty of Sun by Friday perhaps!

On the 'cold thread' one or two are talking about potential record February highs later in week. Can't see it myself but will be dry and pretty uneventful imo.

Sunny and 6c in South West London now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

I'm glad Spring is finally creeping up moving away from the worst season of the year which is nothing but disappointment and illnesses, but i'm not saying snow isn't possible still but I'm more focused on warmth now then snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

The october fog index won, even beat an SSW, mojo, all the weather models and all the other claptrap predicted for this winter, well for MOBY it did :oops:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Never seen so much snow in my life ❄️

Obertauern , Austria getting my snow fix  

2.5 meters in places

FD40AAC4-2249-4D25-AAAD-326F44FDE657.jpeg

FC51422B-AA1A-41F9-AF07-F20985CFB006.jpeg

1A5F3D3B-55B8-4685-A918-96CDC69A2676.jpeg

EF3A36C7-AAC5-46B5-8E6D-11207F43CD82.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1