Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

56 minutes ago, stewfox said:

I'm sorry to announce Fred the snowman died at 9am this morning. Born at 12 noon on 1st February he reached 165 hours . The funeral will take place on Saturday 

IMG_20190207_075236.jpg

IMG_20190206_074248.jpg

IMG_20190205_073911.jpg

IMG_20190203_110659.jpg

IMG_20190201_125259.jpg

i blame the Atlantic for his untimely death😢 

17 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

i blame the Atlantic for his untimely death😢 

But also helped create him 😜

1 hour ago, Don said:

But also helped create him 😜

creator became the destroyer :oops:

Depending on your personal preferences, this afternoon looks like bring some interesting and/or unpleasant weather as a cold front associated with storm Erik impacts the Region. Strong winds building this morning and peaking around mid-afternoon with gusts widely at 50 - 60 mph. NMM showing an area of even stronger winds moving along the South Coast with gusts up to 70 mph. Both NMM and Arome showing the likelihood of some heavy, squally rain as the front moves through later.

Gusts 13.00 1316551929_NMMGusts08Feb13_00.thumb.png.f4bb9f00d0fb41844794968287a72636.png

Precip 17.00 1658173366_NMMPrecip08Feb17_00.thumb.png.f2317cdd4e443f1ce6f5f8a70bc8f345.png2024127274_AromePrecip08Feb17_00.thumb.png.21346fd0283817fa235d2dccbc33bb10.png

Edited by Blessed Weather
  • Like 2

they think it's all over.......it is now 

Wonderful. Just in time for the school run! I'll take my umbrella and maybe I'll turn up a la Mary Poppins?!

On another note, my bin has fallen over outside. Riveting stuff.

5 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

Wonderful. Just in time for the school run! I'll take my umbrella and maybe I'll turn up a la Mary Poppins?!

On another note, my bin has fallen over outside. Riveting stuff.

can your bin fly like mary bobbins, if rubbish falls out of it whilst it's in the air, is the fly tipping:unknw:.......I'll get my goat:oops:

1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

they think it's all over.......it is now 

Oh no it isn't.

• Like 2

Bit windy, bit Wet and mild Atlantic dross. Default UK winter in full swing.

Missing those minus frosty mornings of last week. 

Usual media hype because some wet and windy weather has been given a name. This time Eric. 

Wouldnt of even made a newsworthy headline on teletex back in the day. Oh the good old days when a 50mph wind gust was just that... a wind gust. 

• Like 1

Wind is picking up here now, plus it's bin day, so empty bins falling everywhere, as people are at work.

16 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Usual media hype because some wet and windy weather has been given a name. This time Eric. 

Wouldnt of even made a newsworthy headline on teletex back in the day. Oh the good old days when a 50mph wind gust was just that... a wind gust. 

Exactly.

• Like 1

Highest gust already at 48 mph, main winds no where near here yet. 

Wow just looked at radar, looks very active. Lot's of pre frontal showers, then a very active cold front, followed by either a very active trough, or secondary cold front. Not sure I expected all that.

Edited by alexisj9

It's v. windy, it's very dull, it's very damp and the wind's at 51mph, in Norwich...so without any irony (okay, maybe a smidge!) I can say...At least it's mild!:yahoo:

Highest gust here so far, 50 mph.

Very windy here in Croydon. One of my recycle bins went flying across the road with bottles etc coming out. All cleared now. Temp is 9.7C and raining 🌧️

The wind is so strong it blew me into NEXT and encouraged me to buy clothes. Next thing you know, it'll be blowing me into a pub. What a shame?!

• Like 3

Well. The radar suggest some heavy rain heading my way. It's already heavy. Does this mean I'd better get my canoe out?! Shame it wasn't like this when we were supposed to get snow!!

Anyone seen the latest Met office update ? Looks pretty decent for our area. From 13th Feb to 22nd Feb it mentions colder than average temps in the South and East with overnight frosts, and a possibility of snow showers from the East. Then in the later period says cold and blocked with snow potential into March!

Now I know these updates haven't exactly covered themselves in glory in recent weeks but interesting nonetheless, does anyone know which models the Met are using to ascertain the possibility of snow showers next week? As I can't see the models we have access to showing this

• Like 5

After almost getting blown over walking along the beach front I can confirm...it's windy. 

5 hours ago, Ben Lewis said:

Comment invalid.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/17419090.tree-falls-on-double-decker-bus-in-poole/

Multiple trees down around this area.

• Like 1

Highest gust here now 60 mph.

5 hours ago, Ben Lewis said:

Have to disagree with this..... lots of trees down in this area, some flooding etc its prob much worse down here towards the coast compared to where you are

Edited by steveinsussex

Very wet day here, upto 30mm here now which makes it one of the wettest days of the last 6 months and probably the wettest day of the winter thus far. Looking at the models we are about to go from a very wet spell, into a very dry spell in the next 7-10 days! May not have too much more in the way of rainfall this month after Sunday...kind of like December was very front loaded.

Also probably the windiest I've seen in this area since moving here in mid 2017.

Edited by kold weather
  • Like 1

Some really bad flooding issues with that mass of rain entering london now.. NOT good for rush hour..