Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Went this morning to find some deeper snow with son in tow up on Caterham -on-the-hill on the outer boundaries of south London, gutted we didn’t have time to find the sledge, a good 4cm up here

235797B3-EF6E-45EB-911B-F350D2B9EC02.thumb.jpeg.5f94d21e7cdfb16766917cefdf91d98c.jpeg

80659435-C1A4-473C-A7BA-B2CE1F46537F.thumb.jpeg.1e28713e6c399f7b84d4ee02b732457c.jpeg4626973C-3AAA-4B30-8991-0E3F4E2C15C7.thumb.jpeg.312d8421ac275b0623875c07c942838b.jpeg

2 minutes ago, jethro said:

Thank you. I'm not sure how much in the end, I stopped measuring when it got to 28cm as although still snowing heavily, the weight was compacting the snow and it stopped getting any deeper on the table. There was a bit of a thaw late afternoon but followed by a harsh overnight frost means we've still got deep cover here. Just been out in the garden to play with the dogs/take a few pics, table still has 22cm of cover. Looks beautiful with the sun and clear blue sky, dripping lots in the sunshine though.

DSC02906.JPG

DSC02909.JPG

DSC02910.JPG

DSC02926.JPG

DSC02932.JPG

Your doggy 😍😍😍 beautiful photos.

Edited by Daenerys

A friend just sent me this pic of Walderslade Woods road. The roads shut and a massive clear up under way. No wonder it was chaos round here last night! 

6AC4AB39-DC95-418F-B4CC-226C80C14F40.png

Edited by CanadianCoops

4 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

Your doggy 😍😍😍 beautiful photos.

Thanks. We've been playing hunt the snowball, silly spaniels are utterly convinced they can find it then turn to me with a 'where'd it go' look. Works every time 😁

19 minutes ago, MONKEYJAM said:

snow at white hart lane outside there new stadium 

Thanks for that, MJ...Stadium looks like an alien mothership...COYS!:yahoo:

finally caught our first all snow shower after on and off sleety messy showers since last night, bit wet so unfortunately not settling well but lovely to watch come down! huge flakes mixed in, hopefully keeps going.. give it ten more minutes of snow and i'd say we may get a full covering but it seems like it won't last that long as it has gotten slower 

14 minutes ago, jethro said:

Thank you. I'm not sure how much in the end, I stopped measuring when it got to 28cm as although still snowing heavily, the weight was compacting the snow and it stopped getting any deeper on the table. There was a bit of a thaw late afternoon but followed by a harsh overnight frost means we've still got deep cover here. Just been out in the garden to play with the dogs/take a few pics, table still has 22cm of cover. Looks beautiful with the sun and clear blue sky, dripping lots in the sunshine though.

DSC02906.JPG

DSC02909.JPG

DSC02910.JPG

DSC02926.JPG

DSC02932.JPG

Lovely pics! You really were at the sweet spot. And what a cutie 

7 minutes ago, jethro said:

Thanks. We've been playing hunt the snowball, silly spaniels are utterly convinced they can find it then turn to me with a 'where'd it go' look. Works every time 😁

Brilliant! I can only imagine 🤣

Like a Alpine ski resort little melt 15491086597148914685673496602474.thumb.jpg.8dfd48197d17317e212436c089e81a4c.jpg

15491086597148914685673496602474.jpg

IMG-20190201-WA0048.jpeg

Edited by stewfox

Love how quiet it's gotten since the snowfall last night, shows how many must be out making the most of it right now 🙂 

Our slushy covering from the last shower has all melted and the sun is out again. looks lovely out there although i know it's very cold and extremely bitter in the wind from a quick walk earlier. 

I can't help but think going back to the regular 8-11c maximum days are going to feel almost tropical now though, as this cold spell has been longer and more potent then i expected..

Fred's still ok thanks for asking folks

IMG_20190202_120529.jpg

Very poor here in East London. No lying snow unfortunately. 

My university in the west of the city had a good 4cm on the ground yesterday. Seems like west and south London did pretty well. 

Next week shows temperatures up to 11C. As a cold lover I prefer frigid easterlies for proper cold so I welcome the mild weather next week. Better than 5C and a slush fest. Glad some folk got a good snow event though.

Edited by Zesyph

Am I the only one to find the Netweather Seven Day forecasts a tad frustrating!  For example, our area was given 60 percent chance of snow overnight and into the morning and 90 percent between 9  am and 12pm  but not even a flake!   The predicted temperatures tonight are scary cold...    -8  and as we are in a micro climate frost pocket here, that could  well be much colder.    Chesham was in the news twice  over the years as being the coldest place in the UK at -21.  Odd for a  little market town nestling in the Chilterns!     My husband said that the BBC weather is predicting a rapid thaw. We have horses, so making plans how best to care for them  means knowing what the short term forecasts will be. 

Looks like the Ridge in Hastings got a small pasting last night! We are Driving along it now! We are heading off to Kent today to blue water shopping area. I hope everyone enjoys the remainder of their day.

the current temperature (on the car reading) is 5c.

Edited by LightningLover

1 hour ago, Unused sledge said:

im in blackfen lauren ...roads are absolutely fine as its nearly all gone..alan

Ahh, I grew up in Blackfen, I used to live in Days Lane.  I still miss living there!

Wow, shower incoming here right now probably sleet as dew point is slightly too high but it's gotten extremely dark as it approaches! Like the sun just set and it's dusk in about 2 minutes

wow, didn't think it was possible but it's currently snowing, albeit a bit sleety, with a dew point above freezing! surely my dew point reading of 1c must be wrong?

Afternoon all,

When I saw my Wife off at the front door this morning, as she left at 6.30 to start her early morning shift, at a Residential Care Home in Chislehurst, I warned her not to get "bullied" into working this afternoon, due to staff "throwing a sickie" with "faux weather" claims!! Already the snow was melting in our Close, at 6.30 this morning.

About an hour ago I got a text to say she'd been "press ganged" (my words), into working until 7 PM because they were short staffed with some staff not being able to get in because of snow!! I recently looked out of my front door and we have just a slither of snow on the pavement opposite, that faces N.E, and that's it!!

A lot of the staff live within a mile of the Home, on the Chislehurst/Elmstead Woods border and I'm sure there isn't much snow left now, in the area. Certainly not enough to make it impossible to walk under a mile to work!!

Colette feels obliged to stay on as she is a Senior now, and responsible for handing out medication.

In the heavy snow of  December 2010, Colette was an "ordinary" Carer at the Home and on two occasions I walked the two and a half miles to Elmstead Lane with Colette, in 2 to 3 inches of snow. Then she walked back again in the evening, after all buses were taken off the road, due to the snowy conditions.

I find it PATHETIC, when people use such lame weather excuses, for not getting into work.!!

I would love to still be able to work but after my Haemorrhagic Stroke, that's impossible.

But, as we know employees in the Care Industry are very poorly payed. And as the saying goes, "You pay peanuts, you get Monkeys (with the exception of my Wife, of course!!)

Colette has been promised tomorrow off now but I bet my "bottom dollar" the same thing happens again. Icy roads and pavements will be the excuse, tomorrow!!

I really hope the powers that be don't stand for the "three card trick" and pay these individuals for throwing a "faux" weather, sickie!! :nonono:

I'll be phoning Ian Currie in a short while, for his latest thoughts.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

Edited by TomSE12