Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Morning peeps 😊

Just had about 15 min of light snow flurries here in Walthamstow was lovely to see again. I have not got my hopes up for the rest of today, I think any showers will be probably further east and also likely to turn more sleety as the temperature rises.

As for next week we are back in our typical southwesterly pattern. How long that lasts is not clear but I will always hope that after today we do get another decent snow cover before we say bye to winter.

Hope you all have a great Saturday. Take care

regards 😊😊😊😊

1 hour ago, weathergeek said:

My sister in law lives in Walderslade and is moaning because she hates snow 😒 but she did tell me a Mum and baby have been killed in their car due to a fallen tree?! Assume heavy weight of snow?

The walderslade woods road has been close due to falling trees. Didn’t realise that though. Very sad 

3 minutes ago, CanadianCoops said:

The walderslade woods road has been close due to falling trees. Didn’t realise that though. Very sad 

Sounds like it was a rumour and all got out ok.

Looking at posts after.

Edited by Chris101

As expected, the brief and thin covering of last night’s snow was completely gone upon waking up this morning. Still nice to see it falling for the third time in the space of a week! 😄 

33 minutes ago, weathergeek said:

Thank you my friendly Spy!!!😃

I wasn’t even supposed to be in Dorking today - I had to buy some new ski gloves as my mine have disappeared since my last trip to snowy North America last year!  

Well, that looks like it in terms of cold once tomorrow is over (for the foreseeable anyway). I love snow but for the sake of my heating bill, house hunting and allotment, I could do with a few 10.c days.

But what a great few days of weather, forum and radar watching - I've been glued! Thanks to everyone for your updates. I live in Bucks but I'm from Surrey and it's nice to know what's happening in Addlestone as well as my fave places like Newlands corner, Box Hill etc

And for all the travel worry and a lightly twisted ankle, watching my partner fall off his sledge and somehow end up the right way up by the time he got to the bottom  of the hillto roars of laughter from complete strangers...well those are memories you just couldn't buy.

See you soon.

DSC01348.JPG

Edited by Team Squirrel

Hi guys, anyone on from Farnham/Ash way in Surrey? Just wondering if there was much in the way of snow? I would normally get reports and photos from my in-laws but they are away at the moment so if anyone else could oblige I would very much appreciate it. Thanks.

1 hour ago, jethro said:

Morning, just popping in to say glad some of you got some snow in the end. Enjoy!

And thanks for sharing your pics. Amazing totals. How much did you end up with ? 

Absolutely nothing here, sun is out, roads are clear, grass is green, birds are singing. Welcome to tropical West Sussex 

10 minutes ago, snowblind said:

Hi guys, anyone on from Farnham/Ash way in Surrey? Just wondering if there was much in the way of snow? I would normally get reports and photos from my in-laws but they are away at the moment so if anyone else could oblige I would very much appreciate it. Thanks.

Yes there was plenty although I was away yesterday got sent some photos - this was my road yesterday eve 

6C212610-419F-4EAC-B753-2A3A43CC1C42.jpeg

@white fox - how much did you end up with? i left wokingham at 4, just as things were kicking off again, to come back to surbiton. nothing back here - snow turned to rain between bagshot and the m25. at least i got to enjoy thu night / fri morning but looks like last night was more fun?

2 minutes ago, cobbett said:

Yes there was plenty although I was away yesterday got sent some photos - this was my road yesterday eve 

6C212610-419F-4EAC-B753-2A3A43CC1C42.jpeg

Thanks for that. Looks like a decent amount.

Anything settling from that Norfolk dangler? Come on you Yellows for later! 

Really enjoyed the rollercoaster of the last couple of evenings. Struck lucky with 5cms  in Hailsham on Thursday then nothing last night but very pleased with that overall.

Looks like a break of at least a week,maybe two but that still only takes us to mid Feb so time yet for a last hurrah. A blast from the NE would be a nice way to finish winter

Well alot has melted this morning, owing to the sun, and thats 3 times this week I have seen snow, and laying snow, last night was the heaviest since 2010, massive flakes, epic, and what a difference elevation makes, dropped my brother off in Rye, 2 miles from the coast, 2.5c and raining hard, got to my flat, around 10 miles inland, and 70m asl, and it was like driving in the millennium falcon at light speed, roads, verges, all covered, at least 1 good thing came out of my divorce

Super rapid thawing going on now the sun is out. Good for stopping too much ice formation.

Last few pics from me. Some show how clear the main roads are now  (though back roads are very tricky) and a few cars abandoned.

Also in one of the pics you can just make out the green grass down the hill. Elevation obviously key. 

Heres hoping we get something this month that isn’t marginal so everyone can enjoy the snow ❄️ 

D3EE1EC2-7822-41B1-BEA7-5489784B0FCD.jpeg

7B83E212-DD09-40F1-B645-103C6CEA6431.jpeg

48B8B02F-AA37-44DB-936A-94C9F1B32080.jpeg

870C15F8-B2E5-467C-B931-05A3411D5B60.jpeg

1DB43A15-B31D-472A-A1AB-03AFD4D031C6.jpeg

AA6ED2A1-2717-4FB3-9039-C42DAF9FD719.jpeg

2956C44F-0FC8-43AC-852F-925E3389C1B1.png

635D8173-02F2-4623-81A3-AF75D427E544.png

EAD8D206-3BE3-46BD-8793-CAB6732053BB.jpeg

27ED2BCA-7B63-450F-990A-2BE0EE8AB0AA.jpeg

06F2ADD6-4E33-47CE-8179-C6771836047D.jpeg

Anybody able to tell me what the snow is like in the Bexley/Sidcup area?

snow at white hart lane outside there new stadium 

This winter tells me I need to move to Bluebell Hill or just anywhere with even slightly more elevation than where I live now! Snow thawing fairly quickly this morning though a drive just 200 feet up the hill has little to no thawing, a huge difference!

Driving down the A2 during the heaviest snow with only 2 viable lanes was quite an experience, the 30mph everyone was doing was nice too, lots of people driving responsibly for a change! 

Well. I WOULD post photos, but I fear I will embarrass you all with the amount we got here!!! Truly amazing (!)

You guys. Your photos are beautiful. I love a Winter Wonderland. Let's hope we get another shot at this before Spring is upon us. As much as I love Spring, I don't feel quite ready for it ..yet..

Edited by Daenerys