Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, slater said:

Let’s all breath , why an earth the people In the model thread still wanting a mega freeze.? I just don’t get it they have hardly mentioned what’s happened in the last few days . I’m ready to really annoy them and tell them I’m looking for spring like weather..... roll on the warmth!

😀 I wouldn't worry about them. All harmless, in that whatever they wish makes zero difference to eventual outcomes.

Mind you I find it very strange when a few are posting early morning, during the day and in the evening for weeks on end. I dunno, awaiting every model update... Something amiss. Would do my head in! Harmless though...🙂

Edited by Steve C

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morning, just popping in to say glad some of you got some snow in the end. Enjoy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, weathergeek said:

20mins up the A24 here in Ashtead and barely a dusting!!! Going to attempt getting up Boxhill this morning to see if there's more!!xx

There is snow on Box Hill - not sure if there’s as much as Newlands Corner though. 

4D098D82-9DCF-4B8F-A052-05D107459CEE.jpeg

Edited by FlightlessWings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

That is really impressive, might come up tomorrow with the other half, any good pubs around there for Sunday Lunch ? 

Yep, lovely pubs in Bluebell village.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very light powder snow in Chingford. Is there something brewing up in the Wash, tracking SSW?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right... Ready for snowballs, sledging a pub walk and rugby today... Rinse and repeat for tomorrow me thinks, just no rugby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Yep, lovely pubs in Bluebell village.

Thanks Lauren xxx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ackkers said:

Final tally here at Silver Hill Salehurst near Robertsbridge was 3-4 inches. Elevation 105m

P1060109.JPG

There’s showers coming off the Wash, Jon

 

10 minutes ago, john mac said:

After a flop yesterday. I can confirm that it’s actually snowing here in Waltham abbey!

There are showers coming off The Wash Jon. They can sometimes spring a surprise for our neck of the woods - no elevation of note to catch them before Epping Forest...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cat is desperately trying not to get his paws snowy, keeps trying to walk where the foxes have already walked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seem to be headed south between the A1 and M11 

next bunch will be even further east ......will they survive the journey ??

Edited by bluearmy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bluearmy said:

Seem to be headed south between the A1 and M11 

Very light in nature ATM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, FlightlessWings said:

There is snow on Box Hill - not sure if there’s as much as Newlands Corner though. 

I imagine the view from newlands would be pretty amazing this morning, though getting there would be fun on icy roads!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, john mac said:

Very light in nature ATM

Purely for prettiness John! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, weathergeek said:

20mins up the A24 here in Ashtead and barely a dusting!!! Going to attempt getting up Boxhill this morning to see if there's more!!xx

Yeah it never got particularly heavy for us. Nothing of any note - just a basic dusting really.

Couldnt seem to get far enough away from the dry, clear slot. Imagine if that meso low was just 15 miles further east... we’d have been pummelled!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kold weather said:

I imagine the view from newlands would be pretty amazing this morning, though getting there would be fun on icy roads!

Reckon you're right there KW, it'll look awesome... You'll be able to clearly see the snow line as well....Not sure what the a25 will be like.... But the lane outside our house is clear and doesn't get much use early on a Saturday morning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Yeah it never got particularly heavy for us. Nothing of any note - just a basic dusting really.

Couldnt seem to get far enough away from the dry, clear slot. Imagine if that meso low was just 15 miles further east... we’d have been pummelled!

I know! We were literally just a smidge too far East! Polesden Lacey is closed today due to heavy snow and ice!! 20min drive west of here!x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

That is really impressive, might come up tomorrow with the other half, any good pubs around there for Sunday Lunch ? 

We usually go to the black horse at thurnham for good roast(on way down to Maidstone) but it’s a few miles away if you don’t mind the extra travel. 

The is the Robin Hood pub right there which is cosy but I’ve not had Sunday dinner there 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mini blizzard! 😲❄️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, John Stevens said:

Reckon you're right there KW, it'll look awesome... You'll be able to clearly see the snow line as well....Not sure what the a25 will be like.... But the lane outside our house is clear and doesn't get much use early on a Saturday morning. 

That's my worry, getting there ok.... it's a half hour drive from here so not sure! We had heavy sleet all evening so I'm hoping that fell as snow up Box Hill!!xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

got about an inch in bexleyheath... which is pretty good  going as it took ages to soak op the moisture on the ground ..never dropped below 0.1 so constantly dripping while it was settling...nearly gone now though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, FlightlessWings said:

There is snow on Box Hill - not sure if there’s as much as Newlands Corner though. 

4D098D82-9DCF-4B8F-A052-05D107459CEE.jpeg

Thank you my friendly Spy!!!😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, weathergeek said:

That's my worry, getting there ok.... it's a half hour drive from here so not sure! We had heavy sleet all evening so I'm hoping that fell as snow up Box Hill!!xx

Just had a message from a friend, she said the a25 was clear to Dorking, so guessing it's clear the other way as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning, peeps...After an entire night of News dedicated to Brexit and Basingstoke, let's hope for some BOOM today...👍

Sod all but sleet up here, BTW...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No snow of any note in Reigate but the downs behind the windmill at Reigate Heath looked covered.

F91CC1E6-F6B1-4F81-B306-1E55C57E0891.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A slight dusting In West Ipswich from a couple of early morning showers. Some absolutely stunning photos and reports from the South of the region. 

What an amazing 24 hours of weather, that's what the model watching is all about, getting something to the top of the ladder and then getting to see it unfold in real time, and yes I say that with just a mere dusting.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...