Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

damnit, just got dressed and going out for a quick walk in the snow. il see if i can get any pics. my misses thinks im mad!!

Didn’t get half as much work today as I should and wanted too , sometimes being a weather nut and especially as someone as loves snow has its down side , any way I was really surprised the amount of times I would look out the window to see a few flakes mixed in with the rain and it even switched to snow a few times before changing back to rain, it just made me think it could have been an absolutely epic event , and in a weird way an unusual one be it was not preceded really by any meaningful easterly of northerly . The upside to not having loads of snow is a massive headache at work like last year when by the end of it all , me of all people was wishing it had never snowed at all .

16 minutes ago, Nick F said:

Goodness me, the arc of snow wrapping around London not budging, while here in Croydon it remains in an eternal hole of drizzle, lol. 

Incredibly frustrating isn’t it Nick. It does seem to be very slowly on the way south now and it’s turned more moderate here in the last 20 mins. The slow moving nature is good news if it holds together of course

9 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Band to the North has started 'inching' south - so @snowray whos in Greenwuch should hit the jackpot soon !

Yep - more moderate now. Hopefully getting heavier in the next hour or so

9 minutes ago, weathergeek said:

North Surrey in with a go?! Temps dropping here nr Epsom, 0.3c 🙏

Will get to me first sis....I'll let you have it in a bit....unless it's decent then it can stay right here!!

Edited by Chertseystreamer79
Miss spelt

3 minutes ago, Nick F said:

Appears that way, Selsdon has the advantage of elevation too, what heading towards 100m asl?

Yup.. 👍🏽

Just sleet in Central. 

Sigh..... 

5 minutes ago, Whereisthesnow? said:

Loving the snow in Bexley! Totally unexpected tonight!

I know, it's brilliant, especially after yesterday's disappointment! Everything is all white here and it's still coming down 😊

• Like 2

Is there anymore for East Sussex or is it focussed more North of the home counties?

Still snowing lightly but starting to melt a little 😕

42 minutes ago, snow raven said:

I know, I was genuinely pleasantly surprised when I finally got up to look out the window as really didn't think it would start to settle after raining all day.  I hope it continues to snow for a while yet - would be nice to have enough to leave a crunchy footmark in it 😁

Well I have never seen anything like it, my lake from all that rain today has disappeared, its still snowing pretty heavy and its settled even on the main road. Got about an inch of snow, best of the winter so far.:clap:

I even bovered, I mean bovered, taking some pics just now. 😍

20190201_213423.jpg

20190201_213346.jpg

20190201_213417.jpg

• Like 6

Blimey that’s a turn around now snow can’t believe after all that rain.. 

Just now, Cheese Rice said:

Just sleet in Central. 

Sigh..... 

I’m out of London looks like it’s thumping down in Rotherhithe maybe bloody typical and it’s going to go on for hours! It will turn the way it’s going. Happy areas which have seen nothing are getting in. 🙂 

• Like 1

Not a happy bunny.

Heavy snow causing disruption over in Kent, while here, less than 20 miles away on the other side of the Thames, just boring sleet as it has been pretty much all day. 

Heavy snow Surbiton now , seems the band of heavy snow I was under in chelsea is still there but a second band is forming/ intensifying through Epsom etc 

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, John Stevens said:

I'm not ready to move on yet... This one's decided to ok itself right over us and not move.... I'm being selfish.... We might not get another chance😂

How’s Holmbury SM looking? Left Dorking just as it started settling earlier and have been stressing about packing for the -20 and below temps in the Canadian Rockies and having nowhere near enough space in my suitcase! 

4 minutes ago, Darkcloud said:

Is there anymore for East Sussex or is it focussed more North of the home counties?

Been snowing here since 2030, not sticking yet.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Band to the North has started 'inching' south - so @snowray whos in Greenwuch should hit the jackpot soon !

You missed Rotherhithe sweet zone ! Distraught LOL 

Edited by Daniel*

Just now, Daniel* said:

I’m out of London looks like it’s thumping down in Rotherhithe maybe bloody typical and it’s going to go on for hours! It will turn the way it’s going. Happy areas which have seen nothing are getting in. 🙂 

Speak for yourself. 

If it rains here it rains everywhere. 

Lol

1 minute ago, Darkcloud said:

All the snow arcing around London should slip south overnight across Sussex, so you should get some heavier stuff to settle.

• Like 1

On the high ground in  Tunbridge Wells (I am 139m ASL) it has been snowing seriously since about 7pm. Temperature has been constant at about 0c, with a dewpoint about -0.5c. Roads and pavements covered, cars struggling up the hill.

Probably about 3-4cm at the moment. Better than last night, which was, in turn better than Tuesday.

Good luck to everyone else!

MM

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Thunderstruck said:

Not a happy bunny.

Heavy snow causing disruption over in Kent, while here, less than 20 miles away on the other side of the Thames, just boring sleet as it has been pretty much all day. 

Yh the Snow lasted all of 5 minutes before it turned back into driving rain again

Dont have to go far for a snow fix though if you can drive.

Will be headed over the river for a snow fix tomorrow

That's 6hrs of solid sleet here, not snow, not rain, sleet. Not sure I will ever see that again in my lifetime! 

• Like 1