Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

6 minutes ago, Dipsy said:

Yes very hard as well! More than we had last night already.

That's what the missus keeps telling me🤭

Norm 

6 minutes ago, Dipsy said:

Yes very hard as well! More than we had last night already.

After seeing this, I went and looked out and couldn’t believe what I saw. Snow! Lots of it and settling, we’re over in Merstham. 

1 minute ago, TomSE12 said:

Ah yes K.W,

When I was TOMSE20 and lived at Anerley, S.E.London, I used to use you, at Thurrock and Steve M., at Bexleyheath as markers. Both upwind of me and with an ENE flow knew if you were reporting snow, in all probability it was about to hit me. I can remember looking to the NE and seeing Shooters Hill disappear from view and getting excited!! Lol.

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

Yes they were great days. Feb 2005 in particular was rubbish apart from 2 pretty strong streamers that gave a brief 2-3 inches (and that Thundersnow as well!) We need another one like that or Feb 09 (well one that Paul can join in) because although I'm now no where near the Esturary, a good ENE will just about reach down here, but more impact to Guildford region, which is only a short trip up the A3 anyway. The beast was ok, but I felt like the streamers weren't as impressive as it could have been, especially given the depth of cold.

22 minutes ago, Nqp15hhu said:

Kind of fed up to be honest. Would like to move on to the next system, unless we're going to get something decent out of this.

I'm not ready to move on yet... This one's decided to ok itself right over us and not move.... I'm being selfish.... We might not get another chance😂

Band to the North has started 'inching' south - so @snowray whos in Greenwuch should hit the jackpot soon !

17 minutes ago, tight isobar said:

Yes m8..indeed we did by far not the best we've ever had but fairly decent.

The snow junkie in me though-is a demon hard 2 please.

Good to see some that missed out are finaly in the shop door...

And lastly my notion on a mid feb easterly incursion still remains of a big probability...imo.which would be ripe for us lot.

But i'll leave all that stuff 4 the mod thread.

I'm hoping you will be right on this I'll remember this when it occurs 😉 Bring on the Beast! 

Ps snow still going strong here though it's more slushy deposits than proper snow like I saw in Hillingdon earlier but I'll take it!

6 minutes ago, Nick F said:

Goodness me, the arc of snow wrapping around London not budging, while here in Croydon it remains in an eternal hole of drizzle, lol. 

South Norwood is crap for snow.. It's snowing nicely up here in Selsdon.

2 minutes ago, John Stevens said:

Will take one shortly... Just watching the rugby!! Some things are even more important than the weather

Ha I'm trying to watch it on TV but not having much luck. At leas the commentary is coming through well now and occasionally I get a glimpse of whats going on!

It's slipping south now and loosing a bit of intensity, but probably another hour to go here at least. 

All surfaces going white now, even the saturated road. 

Amazing change in fortune! 

Just now, Mark said:

It's slipping south now and loosing a bit of intensity, but probably another hour to go here at least. 

All surfaces going white now, even the saturated road. 

Amazing change in fortune! 

What part of London are you in? 

3 minutes ago, LeighD said:

Here you go mate. Nothing spectacular but it’s better than last night 

B1874DF5-4407-448B-A76E-1B3F5A2A7F70.png

Wow is that really chafford. Left lakeside at 8 was coming down hard but nothing had settled. Came through laiandon hills and it was like the Alps was scary with a van  going sideways in front. Got the other side to noak bridge and nothing is settling. It's mad how localising the difference between settling and not is.

2 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Band to the North has started 'inching' south - so @snowray whos in Greenwuch should hit the jackpot soon !

North Surrey in with a go?! Temps dropping here nr Epsom, 0.3c 🙏

5 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

you obviously work as a cleaner at the met office to take offense to that

And I now have it (on the highest authority) that the aforementioned Major Down-Welling has spent the last five-minutes' writing an in-depth study into the unprecedented severity of January 2019's Beast From The East...To be published shortly by RIZLA!😁

Just now, Mr Brown said:

What part of London are you in? 

Lee, SE12. Between Blackheath and Eltham. 

Upto 0.5c, looks like I've finally got a little of that sligjhtly milder entrained ait around the circulation, explains the sleety appearance of the snow as well. Not really all that bothered though, I'm plenty satisfied with this, even if it does suffer from melt for the next 3-6hrs.

2 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

South Norwood is crap for snow.. It's snowing nicely up here in Selsdon.

Appears that way, Selsdon has the advantage of elevation too, what heading towards 100m asl?

Its started sticking on rooftops in canary wharf! pretty heavy band over us. all day of rain, but finally seeing some action. Still too wet to stick to pavements but i’ll take anything at 0m and in a UHE. Greenwich should be in the firing line now.

Edited by canarywharf123456

Just now, Mark said:

Lee, SE12. Between Blackheath and Eltham. 

It’s snowing here in Catford but it lacks intensity. That’s why I asked. I’m guessing it’s slowly slipping southwards. 

Hi all, hope everyone has done well with snow. In South East london i seem to be in dry slot. Will the precipitation go southwards?

Kold

I enjoyed February 2005, snow amounts were a bit Meh..........................But there was actually snow falling somewhere in the SE on 23 of the 28 days.

February 1st-2ND 2009 I certainly did not Enjoy.

There was another February event cant remember the year when a reverse streamer Set-Up, this is the ESE Thames Snow Streamer that hits Maidstone, Gravesend, then crosses into NE London and hits NW London and Herts really bad.

9.40pm and still raining in Barling where as snow is falling only 4 or 5 mile away lol.....  lucks right out this winter

1 minute ago, Mr Brown said:

It’s snowing here in Catford but it lacks intensity. That’s why I asked. I’m guessing it’s slowly slipping southwards. 

Not a lot, but starting to give a covering. 

IMG_20190201_214117__01.jpg

Hawkhurst Kent - Main A road to Rye - given that it was a monsoon all day today this is a pleasant surprise. Although roads extremely dicey with reports of many stuck cars even on main roads. 

C931A173-7B77-466B-B309-C6FEA9F09EC8.jpeg

A38004DC-28C6-4AB0-A0B1-83796B715EE5.jpeg