Local
Radar
Snow?
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

1 minute ago, D.V.R said:

Why - where you been?

He’s been off making new riddles up 😂

Well we’ve had a couple of hours of heavy snowfall in N London, but nothing has settled unfortunately. 

8 minutes ago, chionomaniac said:

I don’t know who is in charge of the met office warnings but they are very slow to react. It is all very well using the HR models but sometimes you need to look at the radar and react sooner. This system is obviously taking longer than expected to withdraw south, so therefore snowfall totals are likely to be higher, 

a couple of hours ago the inflow moisture was building and therefore south London was likely to have greater precipitation as the occlusion moves south

BD889902-53F4-43C5-A3EF-7B78C5D2E5A4.thumb.jpeg.a53b540f265924af70f47f9456e9f961.jpeg

so the intensity to the west would reduce and the intensity in the London regio would increase as shown

DEDEE4AF-4581-4A88-A138-93E004B54DAA.thumb.jpeg.28b882a274687755b3bb641aba6ff0c1.jpeg

this is likely to withdraw southwards so that is where any yellow warning for snow can now be predicted. Yet the current yellow warning iis now too far west because it appears that the met office reacted to the heavy snowfall that hfad and was already occurring, rather than where it is likely in the next 10 hours. The black line precipitation is marginal for snowfall but marginality decreases on the north and western flanks especially with nocturnal cooling and lower 850’s and dew points.

so still a bit of snow to come for those along the blue arrows...

IMG_5118.thumb.jpeg.9d8e90d45461c94fe17417bd4859a49c.jpeg

An update was issued about 40 mins ago.

1 minute ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Sounds perfect 👌🏼 but shopping 🛍 included lol and lots of snow ❄️ 

🤣🤣 ok, ok you can have your retail therapy👍🏽

4” plus of lying snow now in this most unexpected fall in just over 2 hours here 

1 minute ago, kold weather said:

Ah man I see what you mean, your right in that zone where the front is bending around you.

Still it has got to come SE at some point because the upper high is building in from the west, so it has to come through, its just in what state its in when it arrives. Keep an eye on the area to your NNE, could develop down to you. Or equally the next line that develops may flare up very close to you. The one from Godalming to Portsmouth still had a bit of umph to it!

Tv signal is finally trying to come back, suggesting things are easing off out there, and indeed radar shows I'm nearly inbetween two bands. I'm annoyed because I wanted to have the Rugby on in the background! Ah well!

lol cheers, its really frustrating

12 minutes ago, snow raven said:

Been snowing quite a while here in Bexleyheath, but haven't bothered to get up to look out the window as wasn't expecting it to settle, after last night's disappointment and the fact it has been raining all day.

Am very pleasantly surprised to find it has started to settle, more so already than last night.

Very unexpected - the best type of snow event! ☃️

Well would you adam and eve it! Same here, heavy dry snow, everything has turned white in the last 10 minutes, better than last night!😱

1 minute ago, DAVE_ALLEN said:

South London are not in the warning area though are they

What is interesting is my temperature has stayed at 0.3c for nearly 5hrs now, that's a really long time for not even 0.1c of a fluctuation! Probably not going down till everything clears out either!

Surrey our of luck again

lampost never lies to us

3 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

He’s been off making new riddles up 😂

I thought you were talking about Tight Isobar...AKA - image.thumb.png.5144c872ae369f2aef267a6912ea5c19.png

2 minutes ago, snowbob said:

Sorry @TomSE12

told you my phone was pants 

didn’t mean to post that twice

No problems sb.

Once this band of snow and Low pulls away to the S.E, think they'll be too much N in the flow, for those of us in N.W.Kent/S.E.London but certainly wouldn't rule out some wintry/snow showers for the extreme E of Kent, especially with their elevation, in the overnight period.

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

5 minutes ago, DAVE_ALLEN said:

Yes but kept in same area. That was my point

17 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Yh the reason we have favourable conditions down here now is down to 2 factors

Northerly Offshore Surface Wind

Dewpoint down to -1.1c

But....................Damage is well and truly done from the Monsoon for the past 21 hours.

Nice to see big fat wet juicy flakes falling though

Dont give up hope mate it's taken an age to start settling in Gravesend but finally it is!!

Anyone here from Bracknell or Ascot way ? its still hammering it down there. Wonder how deep it must be there now ?

3 minutes ago, FiftyShadesofSnow said:

Dvr won it, although heard since he had inside info off @lassie23

Where is that goat?🤔

Just now, chionomaniac said:

Yeah they probably should have expanded it out to cover the whole SE just to be on the safe side, You only need a big band to go up for 30-60 minutes like it did over Basingstoke to get big problems.

Snow becoming more moderate here in Portsmouth. If it gets any heavier we may get a covering again? 

Quite heavy snow as I left chelsea on my way back home .

Cloud is breaking up over my head inbetween the bands, still light snow but probably on its final legs. May get one last weak b and through and then  it becomes about how far we can drop overnight. I'm sure we will get below 0c and it will all freeze and compact. Will be a utter nightmare tomorrow morning if that does happen!

3 minutes ago, chionomaniac said:

But its still hammering down there.. Its not really moved as yet

11 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

@ CanadianCoops - Is it still snowing at Bluebell Hill ?

I live under Bluebell Hill Paul, it's snowing down to Sea Level here at the mo and starting to stick.  B Hill is a mess, closed, traffic stranded!!

Edited by Brocken Spectre

4 minutes ago, snowray said:

Well would you adam and eve it! Same here, heavy dry snow, everything has turned white in the last 10 minutes, better than last night!😱

I know, I was genuinely pleasantly surprised when I finally got up to look out the window as really didn't think it would start to settle after raining all day.  I hope it continues to snow for a while yet - would be nice to have enough to leave a crunchy footmark in it 😁