Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
Just now, Essexgooner said:

still raining here haha

Bloody hell, thats amazing cant be long before the dewpoints go negative here you are

The reading I got was the TAF from Southend Airport which is Inland a bit

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms
Just now, Paul Sherman said:

Bloody hell, thats amazing cant be long before the dewpoints go negative here you are

The reading I got was the TAF from Southend Airport which is Inland a bit

Amazing isnt it, I might drive back to Eastwood to get a snow fix , haha

Posted

Starting to settle a bit in greenhithe

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow
39 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Just a quick heads up to those of you in East Kent. As the Low pulls away to the S.E., there is a small window when the flow turns into the NNE. You could well start to see some showers running across East Kent. I made a post earlier regarding a "Wash Streamer" and Norfolk/Peterborough, not having any elevation.

image.thumb.png.47d4fd7ea43d0bcadbf7313a0f620f01.png

Well, as we know, in East Kent you do!! Certainly worth keeping an eye on the radar later on, in this area.

Who knows, those of you in Alexis/Lottie land, could get a nice surprise and one last hurrah from this system, as it pulls away. You certainly would deserve it, after having to witness all the action  much further West.

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

What about good old biggin hill 

Tom lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
Just now, FiftyShadesofSnow said:

Where you been

I've been a few places...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

Oh my giddy aunt, somehow its snowing heavily in Eastbourne, bang on the coast and settling, happy Me!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm sunny days, tons of snow!

According to the met office, the yellow snow warning does not affect Crowborough, so it must be white rain falling outside for the last couple of hours, it had been raining quite a bit today, but the roads have gone white again now.

I really hope the whole region can get a decent wintery blast before the season is over, it honestly makes me sad when some miss out

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme
16 minutes ago, fluid dynamic said:

teflon coated, carbon fibre reinforced snow shield -  100% untroubled by the english winter

Motspur Park

and just as i wrote that, shield breached... snizzle now

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, FiftyShadesofSnow said:

Where you been

Why - where you been?

Posted
18 minutes ago, fluid dynamic said:

teflon coated, carbon fibre reinforced snow shield -  100% untroubled by the english winter

Motspur Park

I've been out a short while and hadnt realised that we STILL havent had a flake!!! It's looping around us

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Fat snow in eastbourne. 

• Like 2

Posted

Minus 3 inches and counting...   Have been so close to the action both Tuesday, Thursday and today, yet close but definitely no cigar. Frustrating times for us south-east Londoners. Bring on a proper long-fetch easterly!

Posted
14 minutes ago, steveinsussex said:

about 6 miles east of Crawley

Ah man I see what you mean, your right in that zone where the front is bending around you.

Still it has got to come SE at some point because the upper high is building in from the west, so it has to come through, its just in what state its in when it arrives. Keep an eye on the area to your NNE, could develop down to you. Or equally the next line that develops may flare up very close to you. The one from Godalming to Portsmouth still had a bit of umph to it!

Tv signal is finally trying to come back, suggesting things are easing off out there, and indeed radar shows I'm nearly inbetween two bands. I'm annoyed because I wanted to have the Rugby on in the background! Ah well!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Well we’ve had a couple of hours of heavy snowfall in N London, but nothing has settled unfortunately. 

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, chionomaniac said:

I don’t know who is in charge of the met office warnings but they are very slow to react. It is all very well using the HR models but sometimes you need to look at the radar and react sooner. This system is obviously taking longer than expected to withdraw south, so therefore snowfall totals are likely to be higher, 

a couple of hours ago the inflow moisture was building and therefore south London was likely to have greater precipitation as the occlusion moves south

BD889902-53F4-43C5-A3EF-7B78C5D2E5A4.thumb.jpeg.a53b540f265924af70f47f9456e9f961.jpeg

so the intensity to the west would reduce and the intensity in the London regio would increase as shown

DEDEE4AF-4581-4A88-A138-93E004B54DAA.thumb.jpeg.28b882a274687755b3bb641aba6ff0c1.jpeg

this is likely to withdraw southwards so that is where any yellow warning for snow can now be predicted. Yet the current yellow warning iis now too far west because it appears that the met office reacted to the heavy snowfall that hfad and was already occurring, rather than where it is likely in the next 10 hours. The black line precipitation is marginal for snowfall but marginality decreases on the north and western flanks especially with nocturnal cooling and lower 850’s and dew points.

so still a bit of snow to come for those along the blue arrows...

IMG_5118.thumb.jpeg.9d8e90d45461c94fe17417bd4859a49c.jpeg

An update was issued about 40 mins ago.

Posted
1 minute ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Sounds perfect ?? but shopping ? included lol and lots of snow ❄️ 

ok, ok you can have your retail therapy??

• Thanks 1

Posted

4” plus of lying snow now in this most unexpected fall in just over 2 hours here 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, kold weather said:

Ah man I see what you mean, your right in that zone where the front is bending around you.

Still it has got to come SE at some point because the upper high is building in from the west, so it has to come through, its just in what state its in when it arrives. Keep an eye on the area to your NNE, could develop down to you. Or equally the next line that develops may flare up very close to you. The one from Godalming to Portsmouth still had a bit of umph to it!

Tv signal is finally trying to come back, suggesting things are easing off out there, and indeed radar shows I'm nearly inbetween two bands. I'm annoyed because I wanted to have the Rugby on in the background! Ah well!

lol cheers, its really frustrating

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
12 minutes ago, snow raven said:

Been snowing quite a while here in Bexleyheath, but haven't bothered to get up to look out the window as wasn't expecting it to settle, after last night's disappointment and the fact it has been raining all day.

Am very pleasantly surprised to find it has started to settle, more so already than last night.

Very unexpected - the best type of snow event! ☃️

Well would you adam and eve it! Same here, heavy dry snow, everything has turned white in the last 10 minutes, better than last night!

• Like 3