Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

8 minutes ago, Dj fart said:

I've never known a winter like this where a series of snow events all over the South East can just completely miss me here in North Essex. Some sort of sick joke! I was pleased for everyone who got loads last night but it's just peeing me off now to hear of MORE coming down everywhere in the South East except here!

This winter can do one.

Not here either in Redhill, dude. More white fluff out of a sheep’s bowel movement. 

6 minutes ago, steveinsussex said:

lol back in the dry slot

Where are you, I'm guessing kind of Cranleigh ish direction (Billingshurst is kind that way as well isn't it?)

The energy should continue to pulse SE, reducing each time. You can see the last pulse that has gone up in the Godalming region down to Havant. eventually the next one will go up SE of that one and hopefully give you a little more. It won't be a huge amount, but better than nothing?

10 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

Stop being negative🤫.. 😝

Have a word, I'm not being negative at all, just stating the bleedin obvious. Snow falling on soaking wet surfaces and freezing overnight😎

Light snow, although not sticking with a temp of 1.6c. Suspect what is left of last nights covering will be gone in the morning

1 minute ago, kold weather said:

Where are you, I'm guessing kind of Cranleigh ish direction (Billingshurst is kind that way as well isn't it?)

The energy should continue to pulse SE, reducing each time. You can see the last pulse that has gone up in the Godalming region down to Havant. eventually the next one will go up SE of that one and hopefully give you a little more. It won't be a huge amount, but better than nothing?

Dew point is still 34F here in Godalming, Kold and the slush is stopping anything settling  😞 

3 minutes ago, TheGate said:

Drove from Halstead to Knockholt to Westerham Hill and now down to Sevenoaks. Altitude is key. It’s snowing heavily in Sevenoaks but not settling well yet, halfway up Polhill it turns very white and it’s icy slush in the road. Currently 0.0c at Halstead 

Was up at Halsted at 2pm and you had a reasonable covering left from Tuesday night/last nights fall so i would imagine Halsted/Knockholt will have a nice covering by morning.Good luck for rest of the night.As you say elevation is King!!

13 minutes ago, Dj fart said:

I've never known a winter like this where a series of snow events all over the South East can just completely miss me here in North Essex. Some sort of sick joke! I was pleased for everyone who got loads last night but it's just peeing me off now to hear of MORE coming down everywhere in the South East except here!

This winter can do one.

There'll always be a decent amount of gritting salt to walk in on a nearby road ?

teflon coated, carbon fibre reinforced snow shield -  100% untroubled by the english winter

Motspur Park

Just now, SenlacJack said:

Have a word, I'm not being negative at all, just stating the bleedin obvious. Snow falling on soaking wet surfaces and freezing overnight😎

It's just weather - if it freezes we just have to deal with it🤷🏽‍♂️

I wasn't being rude btw👍🏽

Just got home from being out to dinner. Raining hard when I left at 6pm but coming back along The Ridge in Hastings just now the rain changed to snow and it is coming down here like "feathers" and settling!! Now I've got to read back through the pages to find what's happening!

4 minutes ago, DAVE_ALLEN said:

Dew point is still 34F here in Godalming, Kold and the slush is stopping anything settling  😞 

Surely Kold’s not that vindictive?

15 minutes ago, Dj fart said:

This winter can do one.

I know how you feel. That's how I've felt all day. Untill this heavy snow turned up tonight out of the blue. Your turn will come 🖒❄❄❄❄❄

6 minutes ago, kold weather said:

about 6 miles east of Crawley

Snowing now after a few hours of rain , won’t stick but it’s still snowing so I’m happy , Portslade west of Brighton 

Just really petered out here, just too far south of one bit and too far west of another -and nothing’s moving 😞

Well well beltin down in greenhithe n west kent

Just now, Marie said:

Snowing now after a few hours of rain , won’t stick but it’s still snowing so I’m happy , Portslade west of Brighton 

Could Do, we were waterlogged and yet now it's a whiteout , everything covered🖒

11 minutes ago, pureasthedriven said:

Not here either in Redhill, dude. More white fluff out of a sheep’s bowel movement. 

Nothing in Reigate either - just picked up  a Chinese and drove to the top of Reigate Hill - perhaps a bit of sleet!

Been snowing quite a while here in Bexleyheath, but haven't bothered to get up to look out the window as wasn't expecting it to settle, after last night's disappointment and the fact it has been raining all day.

Am very pleasantly surprised to find it has started to settle, more so already than last night.

Very unexpected - the best type of snow event! ☃️

Waiting to see if we're get round 2 🌨 radar looks promising 

Edited by JK1

24 minutes ago, john mac said:

Nothing here 3 miles up the road! 

Nothing sticking though! 

Yh the reason we have favourable conditions down here now is down to 2 factors

Northerly Offshore Surface Wind

Dewpoint down to -1.1c

But....................Damage is well and truly done from the Monsoon for the past 21 hours.

Nice to see big fat wet juicy flakes falling though

Just now, Paul Sherman said:

Yh the reason we have favourable conditions down here now is down to 2 factors

Northerly Offshore Surface Wind

Dewpoint down to -1.1c

But....................Damage is well and truly done from the Monsoon for the past 21 hours.

Nice to see big fat wet juicy flakes falling though

Imagine if that 21 hours had fallen as snow  20 inches ??