Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

I do wonder if the rainfall radar issues are affecting forecasts. The forecast has been completely wrong here in Portsmouth at T0 on all models and met office forecasts, continues to be wrong and was wrong last night quite often too. The radar keeps showing precipitation, then taking it away, then giving it back. Which one is right? 

2 minutes ago, snowfish1 said:

Generalisation. Incorrect. No ice here no snow on East Kent coast. So NO 

But once this system clears whether you have had rain/sleet(as i have) or snow as some have now it will freeze over so surely ice WILL be a problem no?

Basildon Essex has had nothing but rain we had more on Tuesday and that wasn't a covering . Let's see what febuary brings .

Sleet/snow mix. Need some intensity!

Wow! Snowing heavily here...was not expecting that!! Proper big fluffy flakes too! Met Office has snow over here til 1am.

Temp 0.0.

OMG, just looked out and its snowing, very, very wet so won't settle but a big surprise after an awful day of cold rain.:oldgrin:

14 minutes ago, Delka said:

i can't disagree more, i think it's great seeing what it's like over such a wide area and it definitely means that us further north have more company then would as a thread for just us lot in say norfolk and suffolk. would very surely get very empty and lonely without the business of all the towns and cities further south

sometimes can be frustrating in events like this if others see more snow or completely different weather to you completely but 95% of the time (coming from a normally lurker), i think it's great to have it all together

To be honest not fussed if it snows or not. Interested in what happens in the region where live. If I want to see what happens elsewhere I can look. Quite cold in America currently by the way. 

Some snow now as genuinely heavy PPN moves in over RG7. Still quite a mix of PPN though and temperature has risen to 1.2. Some covering of car windscreens and the like but that's it. Going to be an almighty mess when this all freezes, although that looks like being tomorrow night now as I suspect cloudcover will keep temperatures above or close to freezing tonight.

Ah! This is what I'm looking for! Some yellows appearing on google maps to the East; sign of more frozen PPN I trust!

Traffic010220191852.thumb.png.5a7dc4839b2688041d600d1327454058.png

slowly slowly here, still light snow but still building up the snow base something close to 1cm an hour. nothing too amazing compared to further north, but decent way north of an inch now, may just crack 2 inches from this, which would be a fabulous return considering what it looked like at 1.30pm. Can't beat surprise snowfalls.

HEAVY SNOW IN CROYDON ❄️❄️

10 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

was a dodgy frame steve - precip shot 10/15 miles ne and then back again five mins later

Can confirm light to moderate snow in Chingford 

1 minute ago, WhiteFox said:

Ah! This is what I'm looking for! Some yellows appearing on google maps to the East; sign of more frozen PPN I trust!

Traffic010220191852.thumb.png.5a7dc4839b2688041d600d1327454058.png

what website is this? 🙂

Nothing but snizzle here for the last hour (Sevenoaks) 

3 minutes ago, WhiteFox said:

Some snow now as genuinely heavy PPN moves in over RG7. Still quite a mix of PPN though and temperature has risen to 1.2. Some covering of car windscreens and the like but that's it. Going to be an almighty mess when this all freezes, although that looks like being tomorrow night now as I suspect cloudcover will keep temperatures above or close to freezing tonight.

Yeah the snow melt tomorrow (though I doubt it'll go much above 2c now the snow is here) will mean that when it all refreezes on Saturday night, its going to be like a rink out there!

finally #Snexit is over as a few flakes blowing in the wind

1 minute ago, yamkin said:

HEAVY SNOW IN CROYDON ❄️❄️

Shirley not!😁

Snow still coming down. Is laying nicely now, although thin. Think this is more than last night!

More snow than sleet... come on, you can do it. Croydon is just down the road 🙄

Heavy snow here now. Heaviest of the winter so far. 

Everywhere around Sevenoaks is reporting snow, surely its gonna snow here too ? 

Sleet ,chelsea , everyone has snow it seems but here it’s a negative I’m not sure about Chessington is there any updates from around there .

Rain or sleet most of the day now turning to wet snow here in Croydon 

Moderate snow in Locksbottom (7/10 Murrscale) but not settling-Temp 2.8.My mate lives in West Kingsdown and says they have 2cms there.