Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

Wow! Snowing heavily here...was not expecting that!! Proper big fluffy flakes too! Met Office has snow over here til 1am.

Temp 0.0.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

OMG, just looked out and its snowing, very, very wet so won't settle but a big surprise after an awful day of cold rain.:oldgrin:

• Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, Delka said:

i can't disagree more, i think it's great seeing what it's like over such a wide area and it definitely means that us further north have more company then would as a thread for just us lot in say norfolk and suffolk. would very surely get very empty and lonely without the business of all the towns and cities further south

sometimes can be frustrating in events like this if others see more snow or completely different weather to you completely but 95% of the time (coming from a normally lurker), i think it's great to have it all together

To be honest not fussed if it snows or not. Interested in what happens in the region where live. If I want to see what happens elsewhere I can look. Quite cold in America currently by the way. 

Posted

Some snow now as genuinely heavy PPN moves in over RG7. Still quite a mix of PPN though and temperature has risen to 1.2. Some covering of car windscreens and the like but that's it. Going to be an almighty mess when this all freezes, although that looks like being tomorrow night now as I suspect cloudcover will keep temperatures above or close to freezing tonight.

Posted

Ah! This is what I'm looking for! Some yellows appearing on google maps to the East; sign of more frozen PPN I trust!

Traffic010220191852.thumb.png.5a7dc4839b2688041d600d1327454058.png

Posted

slowly slowly here, still light snow but still building up the snow base something close to 1cm an hour. nothing too amazing compared to further north, but decent way north of an inch now, may just crack 2 inches from this, which would be a fabulous return considering what it looked like at 1.30pm. Can't beat surprise snowfalls.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms
10 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

was a dodgy frame steve - precip shot 10/15 miles ne and then back again five mins later

Can confirm light to moderate snow in Chingford 

• Like 1

Posted

1 minute ago, WhiteFox said:

Ah! This is what I'm looking for! Some yellows appearing on google maps to the East; sign of more frozen PPN I trust!

Traffic010220191852.thumb.png.5a7dc4839b2688041d600d1327454058.png

what website is this?

Posted
3 minutes ago, WhiteFox said:

Some snow now as genuinely heavy PPN moves in over RG7. Still quite a mix of PPN though and temperature has risen to 1.2. Some covering of car windscreens and the like but that's it. Going to be an almighty mess when this all freezes, although that looks like being tomorrow night now as I suspect cloudcover will keep temperatures above or close to freezing tonight.

Yeah the snow melt tomorrow (though I doubt it'll go much above 2c now the snow is here) will mean that when it all refreezes on Saturday night, its going to be like a rink out there!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, yamkin said:

HEAVY SNOW IN CROYDON ❄️❄️

Shirley not!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Snow still coming down. Is laying nicely now, although thin. Think this is more than last night!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

More snow than sleet... come on, you can do it. Croydon is just down the road 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Sleet ,chelsea , everyone has snow it seems but here it’s a negative I’m not sure about Chessington is there any updates from around there .

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Rain or sleet most of the day now turning to wet snow here in Croydon 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Moderate snow in Locksbottom (7/10 Murrscale) but not settling-Temp 2.8.My mate lives in West Kingsdown and says they have 2cms there.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
21 minutes ago, James Gold said:

Quite heavy snow here in Bromley, but it’s been raining all day so will be a real real struggle to settle - it’s trying on the cars though I guess

Well done James!! Your post prompted me to go to the front door and we've got some large flakes of snow, appearing.

Like yourself, been raining most of the day, too. The nasty rain washing away our partial covering, by lunchtime.

Boo!! :oldangry:

Lee, London. SE12.

Regards,

Tom :hi:

• Like 4

Posted

Worth noting this also proves that you can get settling snow after sleet/rain. I had it and once the temperature got down to about 0.6c it all started settling readily. Really interesting transition!

- New band going up basically down the A3. Won't be as strong as previous bands, but should give moderate snow.

Edited by kold weather
  • Like 3

Posted
7 minutes ago, Delka said:

what website is this?

Go to Google maps and turn on the traffic layer. It's a great way to verify what is falling: if it's snow you'll see lots of red or at quieter times yellow.

• Thanks 1