Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
1 minute ago, CanadianCoops said:

It’s not picking out the snow on the radar here - showing as green/sweet. If this keeps up an easy 15cm could be had.

Worth a trip over there tomorrow do you reckon ?

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Reefseeker said:

Heavy sleety stuff coming down in Surbiton now. Re: this coach trip to Basingstoke @weathergeek, cheese and onion crisps for me please. Can I suggest we all club together so @kold weather doesn't pay after his sterling work and life-altering let-down last night?

You can keep the cheese and onion crisps. I'll have Ready Salted. Boring but versatile. Go well in a crisp sandwich. Underated.

As for drinks, I'll have a cider. Cheers.

• Thanks 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, DAVE_ALLEN said:

Is there snow on the top of the hill at Reigate ?

@IDO is the man that can answer that I think. I’ll tell you later when I pop out for a Chinese!

Posted

If your struggling to see direction, watch the set of rotating showers near the IoW. You'll see that between say 5.30 and now it has moved off to the ESE. That should give you a steer as to where the whole thing is moving. However at the same time the band is starting to weaken and shrink, so that is creating the illusion of no movement because its shrinking at the same rate its moving, thus the front edge doesn't look like its getting any closer.

The only question is, how much longer can it keep itself going on for, definitely seeing signs of weakening but individual areas still doing well under the banding.

Edited by kold weather
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Still teeming it down in northiam, im playing footy at 8pm in bexhill, be nice if it stopped

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
2 minutes ago, snowrye said:

Still teeming it down in northiam, im playing footy at 8pm in bexhill, be nice if it stopped

I’m presuming it’s rain?

Posted
3 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Worth a trip over there tomorrow do you reckon ?

Definitely. Unless it turns to rain tonight and melts it. Sledging would be good on the hill 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Here at Salehurst near Robertsbridge East Sussex the radar says rain but it is in fact heavy settling snow. Very large flakes. We are 105m asl. H

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

Oh come on, it's not even raining. It can't all be evaporating!

• Like 1

Posted

Turned white again here in Heathfield, E Sussex

Temp now at 0.0C--snowing steadily

Posted
3 minutes ago, kold weather said:

If your struggling to see direction, watch the set of rotating showers near the IoW. You'll see that between say 5.30 and now it has moved off to the ESE. That should give you a steer as to where the whole thing is moving. However at the same time the band is starting to weaken and shrink, so that is creating the illusion of no movement because its shrinking at the same rate its moving, thus the front edge doesn't look like its getting any closer.

The only question is, how much longer can it keep itself going on for, definitely seeing signs of weakening but individual areas still doing well under the banding.

Are you sure - it looks more WSW to me (and you did mix your directions up earlier so thought I'd check )

Posted
Just now, Snipper said:

Getting fed up with this thread covering such a wide and diverse area. 

i can't disagree more, i think it's great seeing what it's like over such a wide area and it definitely means that us further north have more company then would as a thread for just us lot in say norfolk and suffolk. would very surely get very empty and lonely without the business of all the towns and cities further south

sometimes can be frustrating in events like this if others see more snow or completely different weather to you completely but 95% of the time (coming from a normally lurker), i think it's great to have it all together

Posted

Temperature solid at 0.3c, dew point bang on 0.0. Slight decrease in humidty as I'm just outside a band over Alton (which must be getting a lot of snow this hour!). just light and pleasant snow here right now, should see some slightly heavier stuff come down in the next hour, though probably nothing like earlier on when this popped.

Gotta say tomorrow morning the roads are going to be terrible once this all freezes up, especially in the west of the region which is in the colder air already.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Snow with a bit of rain mixed in hear in Waltham abbey 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny summers and snowy winters
8 minutes ago, Delka said:

i don't think i've ever seen the radar do as poor as it has the last two days! precip where it's apparently not doing anything, and then no precip where there's big falls of snow

any ideas as to why? very confusing

It’s been bang on for me