Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, kold weather said:

I think there is an error with our radar site, moderate snow here as well, indeed edging heavy at times. Roads getting that 'dusting' look again.

Really happy to see it’s going better for you today. You deserve it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Temps falling slowly. Now down to 1.9 after a high of 2.7 2 hours ago. Bits and pieces of sleety snow falling from the sky. Dew point still 2 though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BBC somewhat underplaying this event in north Hampshire. Cars getting stuck on the Odiham to Alton road, my wife being one of them. She's only a couple of miles from home but she might have to spend the night in the car. However, it's not all bad news. My local is literally only 100 yards away so if she is stuck I can get my supper there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moderate sleet in central London, larger flakes appearing but can’t see it laying 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it very annoying that Basingstoke less than 50 miles away gets pounded by snow and here in Reigate sod all .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lawrenk said:

Really happy to see it’s going better for you today. You deserve it.

Maybe we can scrape a decent snow spell out of this afternoon. Shame the ground was so wet to start with, but it is being steadily overcome. Could do with another slight temperature drop in case intensity eases off, but no complaints about this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, coram said:

BBC somewhat underplaying this event in north Hampshire. Cars getting stuck on the Odiham to Alton road, my wife being one of them. She's only a couple of miles from home but she might have to spend the night in the car. However, it's not all bad news. My local is literally only 100 yards away so if she is stuck I can get my supper there. 

PPN has literally exploded between Basingstoke and Reading in last half hour. Must be some sort of developing feature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, coram said:

BBC somewhat underplaying this event in north Hampshire. Cars getting stuck on the Odiham to Alton road, my wife being one of them. She's only a couple of miles from home but she might have to spend the night in the car. However, it's not all bad news. My local is literally only 100 yards away so if she is stuck I can get my supper there. 

Not surprised, I'm downstream from this and even here it's starting to cause a few issues.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Not surprised, I'm downstream from this and even here it's starting to cause a few issues.

 

Yellow echoes are edging closer to me, but currently we've just switched to heavier groupel! Temperature back up to 1.0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, snowspotter said:

I find it very annoying that Basingstoke less than 50 miles away gets pounded by snow and here in Reigate sod all .

 

I know that feeling, nothing much here at all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

could there be some surprises tonight- havent looked at 1 model today!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Not surprised, I'm downstream from this and even here it's starting to cause a few issues.

 

What do you reckon to Farnborough's chances of holding on to the heavy stuff?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Steve Murr said:

could there be some surprises tonight- havent looked at 1 model today!

Lots of surprises going on close to us! Just look at that radar!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, WhiteFox said:

Basingstoke is right under the cosh at the moment judging by the traffic on Google maps.

 

We're not too far from Basingstoke and we have cotton wool balls of snow ...it's lovely 😍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Maybe we can scrape a decent snow spell out of this afternoon. Shame the ground was so wet to start with, but it is being steadily overcome. Could do with another slight temperature drop in case intensity eases off, but no complaints about this.

Is it settling up there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WhiteFox said:

Lots of surprises going on close to us! Just look at that radar!

 

Im seeing red echoes heading towards my house

just leaving now will head over WKingsdown @230M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Yep, seems like the snow may take as long to leave as it did to arrive. - that's 12 hours worth from 6pm

15-574UK.thumb.gif.7c09ffc15c6cb375a7c384a110d63341.gif12-574UK.thumb.gif.7d305819a8d022ba39ae000946bc5a48.gif9-574UK.thumb.gif.5711766c7e3392da00837f9d15f4aec1.gif6-574UK.thumb.gif.28678937d7b1265edb42e1d585bb039c.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Latest temp and DP. 

Marked DP line. Just a few miles makes the difference. 

Screenshot_20190201-155040.png

Screenshot_20190201-155143.png

well its snowing here but according to that it shouldnt be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

25cm of laying even snowfall here, easing off as this little meso-low drifts ESE....you guys could be in for some serious fun later!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

could there be some surprises tonight- havent looked at 1 model today!

Two models clocked this to some extent...one was Euro4 and the other was of course Hirlam (I think GFSP also had it.) 

I'm right on the edge of colder dew/temps. We've edged into it and I think over the next few hours it should go subzero. Going to be dangerous out there. A3 will be hit hard so be careful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have intermittent snow and then snizzle in camden at the moment. Leaving work in a sec so will see how we're faring at home. Nice bonus falls hopefully!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...