Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

It's sleeting /snowing quite heavily on and off here still.. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm & Sunny

I just wanted to send a very quick note out to everyone who contributes to this page before I disappear off into my normal 'lurking' position, to thank you all for all of your wonderful contributions, posts and comments on this page, particularly last evening, a lot of which kept me thoroughly entertained. 

I think we went from asking why an Amber Alert wasn't being issued, to folks lamenting that there was nothing falling from the sky. Is it moving east, no, it's going north west. And then in amongst that the usual informative messages that someone like myself has learned so much from in the time I've been using this page to watch the weather.

I'll readily confess that I really dislike the cold, and further to that hate snow with a passion, so I'm very much a loner I understand that. BUT I always use this page as a tool for work where I have responsibility for a large office park that I have to get gritted and cleared of snow should it fall....so you can hopefully appreciate, snow can cause me a massive headache. BUT that said, this page is massively informative in terms of details as to what to expect, so thank you all for continuing to do what you do, and whilst I won't pass on 'Congratulations' to anyone or wish them 'Good Luck' in terms of getting any more snow this winter, I very much love all your enthusiasm, banter and informative info. 

I'll quietly slip away and watch from the background and wait for the spring, but genuinely thank you all again. 

• Like 7

Posted

PPN over London is edging west and looks to keep Reading just on right side of marginal. Could top up lying snow, but wouldn't expect fresh settling where snow has been cleared as temp is 1.1. Temperature is steady, so no rise as it has moved in and dewpoint is steady around 0

.Screenshot_2019-02-01-11-13-41-701_tv.netweather.netweatherradar.thumb.png.33121ecdbf06406c0b200305f7a89dc9.png

Posted

Still plenty of snow and slush here (and still raining) so can see why they’ve issued a new ice warning for tonight and tomorrow. It’s lethal now at 2c so if that drops it’ll  be dangerous later!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Just woke up and a bit suprised to see nearly all the snow gone and it is raining . Oh well nice whist it was here .

Posted
2 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Oh definitely it all just shifted north, though there was a clear dry subsidence slot that formed as well to the south of the main front that has sat there for the last 18hrs.

See it was a unholy combo of two things that went wrong last night. The low forming certainly didn't help but it would have usually still allowed snow to fall, albeit marginally. However when the subsidence slot set up to it's south between say 7-11pm it killed all snowfall as the band came in from the channel. 

Once I saw that setup I knew it was game over for anything decent. Though in the end it did finally break down as the LP decayed and showers broke out.

Very interesting evolution. I may do a little research into it and make a Paul S style piece of research as it seemed to be a fairly unusual thing to have occured in the way it did, locally for me anyway!

Great analysis there mate. 

Yes, I'm sure everyone would appreciate a more detailed look at what went on(wrong) last night. Disappointing slightly yes, yet very interesting for the weather enthusiasts amongst us. 

Still tipping it down here in SW19. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

Seriously, what is happening to the west of the country. It's like it's being fed precip and expanding but not really moving.

I popped into the SW page and I'm soooo jealous. Around 28cm in places, and still falling! I used to live there 

Posted

Temp and dew point is on the rise. Temp 1.5c dew point 2. Brightening up, still a few patches of snow around.

Edited by snowblind

Posted

PPN definitely back building near Reading and linking the batch coming west out of London with the main front. Looks like we're on the northern edge of the system so should stay just the right side of marginal. Could be a bonus top up!

RG7

Screenshot_2019-02-01-11-23-06-144_tv.netweather.netweatherradar.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring

The weather is having a argument with its self, one min thick flakes then the next rain/sleet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Snowing near Heathrow 

Posted
4 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Snowing near Heathrow 

Yes. Showing some tiny red echoes on the radar just to out east. Usually means PPN is developing. Light snow setting in here again now.

IMG_20190201_112956.jpg

Edited by WhiteFox
Pic
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
2 minutes ago, WhiteFox said:

Yes. Showing some tiny red echoes on the radar just to out east. Usually means PPN is developing. Light snow setting in here again now.

IMG_20190201_112956.jpg

Shame the temperature is a couple of degrees above freezing and much of the snow has turned to slush or melted. Vile

• Like 2

Posted

I might be imagining it but watching the radar loop it still looks to be rotating anti clockwise and the stuff to the south of London is developing and moving NW. Or is a Thames streamer setting up? 

Posted
3 minutes ago, Wimbledon88 said:

It'll be closed soon!

Noooo! I need to catch a flight later