Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Whoops! Accidentally posted in the SW thread there. Hope they don't think I'm trolling...

Anyway, utterly relentless heavy blowing snow for quite a while now. Definitely hit the sweet spot tonight and damn am I going to enjoy it! 

Three Mile Cross (soon to be Three Mile Drifts)

Screenshot_2019-02-01-02-56-34-721_tv.netweather.netweatherradar.thumb.png.a561f504590ec4ae26715ef998bb698e.png

• Like 1
  • Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best of luck to the SE gang tonight ?

Evening All, I hope other Members have no objection but just wanted to post up a Wintry Slideshow, for our Kentish Members. But I hope all Members will enjoy these very Wintry photos, from around

Best of luck yo you guys and girls in the South. Don't give up hope if it starts as rain. It rained here for about 2 hours now it's heavy snow. You should be good for a few cms also as it's very heavy

Posted Images

Visibility has significantly reduced in last 15 minutes, almost whiteout! Accumulations of 7-8cm in places more than I expected. Probably one more hour of this and then game over?

6 minutes ago, Ben Sainsbury said:

Visibility has significantly reduced in last 15 minutes, almost whiteout! Accumulations of 7-8cm in places more than I expected. Probably one more hour of this and then game over?

I think PPN is starting to slowly dissipate now. We could be stuck under it for a while yet but looks like it's easing slowly.

2 minutes ago, WhiteFox said:

I think PPN is starting to slowly dissipate now. We could be stuck under it for a while yet but looks like it's easing slowly.

This is crazy, just stop snowing?; just seen an on-site security block try to clear his car and he just didn't bother!

3 minutes ago, Ben Sainsbury said:

This is crazy, just stop snowing?; just seen an on-site security block try to clear his car and he just didn't bother!

There must be loads lying up towards High Wycombe and Stokenchurch. I always go there when it's a bit marginal here and they've been under the heavy bands of PPN for almost as long as us. 

Still going!

I notice that the forecast maximum here for tomorrow has slipped from 4 to 2 degrees. I'm sure having a fresh snow pack has made the difference!

Edited by WhiteFox
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, AmershamMike said:

Amber warning just issued !!! Loving it! Can’t sleep - 47 yrs old but feel like 7!!! So exciting

6F8A879D-5C60-4F50-9562-668E4208DB95.jpeg

I have been promising myself I'd go to sleep in 30mins...since midnight. Thought I had a bit of a bust but now I'm glad I stuck with it. The wee small hours have delivered! ?

• Like 3