Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Recommended Posts

Light snow just starting on the west side of Ipswich.😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right I really am out this time. Somehow managed to snatch a dusting out of what looked like total disaster...shame it took the final backedge to be able to do anything at all, and unfortunately I'm well and truly one of the losers here tonight, but there you go...I'll be back again next time I'm sure, like the sucker I am!!

Hopefully, you won't have to put up with miserable Kold next time (sorry if it took the gloss off guys, it was just a little surreal and probably one of the biggest weather letdowns I've ever had to stomach in my 15 years on here). Now I know how Paul S must have felt like during the Feb 09 snow streamer.

Edited by kold weather

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very heavy with big flakes falling in South Herts! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Were just into the second band-

Front circulation is beginning to pivot now !

Steve what sort of depths are we talking north of the river? I’ve to do lots of drops tomorrow morning? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its a feeder ...and will gain our totals!..

 

Screenshot_2019-02-01-01-09-50.png

Screenshot_2019-02-01-01-12-20.png

Edited by tight isobar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been pleasant enough flurries so far tonight, albeit quite disappointing in relation to a 1cm expectation. But at last, a bit of improvement and hope!  @(Fleet) 

20190201_010514_1.gif

Edited by Mizzle
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, saint said:

Very heavy with big flakes falling in South Herts! 

Same here just down the road. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not very happy with the sudden spamming that keeps happening using page buttons, my phone goes blocking crazy when it happens.

Is this something NW knows about?

Edited by Chris101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oddly falling heavier than the radar suggests, starting to settle a bit now in SWF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Essex 1 Kent 0.

jff.

If we're doing a series it's about 6-1 to Essex based on the last few years of north of the M4/ thames events I.e. December 14months ago. Only times I can think of we smashed it was November December 2010 and Feb 09 since then it's been very poor here even during the Beast last year there was a day when all the snow streamers were going north of the Thames. I could literally see the snow showers lining up across the river!

Edited by Kentspur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, username home said:

were you reporting live from shirley, croydon, greater london by any chance?

Yep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kentspur said:

If we're doing a series it's about 6-1 to Essex based on the last few years of north of the M4/ thames events I.e. December 14months ago. Only times I can think of we smashed it was November December 2010 and Feb 09 since then it's been very poor here even during the Beast last year there was a day when all the snow streamers were going north of the Thames. I could literally see the snow showers lining up across the river!

Being a spurs supporter your probably quite used to dealing with that kind of deficit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Were just into the second band-

Front circulation is beginning to pivot now !

Will this come back into the all of the south east overnight,or am I done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Essex 1 Kent 0.

jff.

Yup, best snow all north of the Thames, funny how it always ends up that way these days whatever the forecasts are showing. Just a wet mess HERE.🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heavy snow in Croydon ❄️❄️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol bet Stansted is shut😯🚍✈❄ 4 a while😎

@Kentspur

Edited by icykev

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Light snow now..

However expecting another pump-and reinvigorate- of ppn...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

really coming down hard again. windy too. just a shame the flakes aren't bigger, would be a proper whiteout if they were! 

wokingham - rg41

Edited by username home

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Right I really am out this time. Somehow managed to snatch a dusting out of what looked like total disaster...shame it took the final backedge to be able to do anything at all, and unfortunately I'm well and truly one of the losers here tonight, but there you go...I'll be back again next time I'm sure, like the sucker I am!!

Hopefully, you won't have to put up with miserable Kold next time (sorry if it took the gloss off guys, it was just a little surreal and probably one of the biggest weather letdowns I've ever had to stomach in my 15 years on here). Now I know how Paul S must have felt like during the Feb 09 snow streamer.

@kold weather goes all in, turns the river card and sinks...goodnight.

Sorry!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, tight isobar said:

Its a feeder ...and will gain our totals!..

 

Screenshot_2019-02-01-01-09-50.png

Screenshot_2019-02-01-01-12-20.png

Are you talking about the baby again? 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rain/sleet now! Really strong easterly just come in.  Don't look like a beast but still 2-3 on the ground atm. 

Nr rochester airport 😕

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That looks like a snow squall line on radar now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...