Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Absolutely hammering it down here near Croydon at last at the midnight hour, everything quickly turning white

• Like 8

Posted
9 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Ah no problems!

I've long given up any notions of having any meaningful snow, though I'm still really peeved with how this night has evolved. Anything now is a bonus...literally any snow. Something, even a 5 minute moderate fall would be more than I expect right now...

We all feel for you Kold. As Mark said, your contributions to the evolution of this snowy spell have been great, as always, so you of all people deserve a break! Keeping fingers crossed some good snow turns up in your location tonight Off to bed myself now as I have to admit it's an early start after all in the morning with the snow day looking cancelled...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

The Hole of Doom is nearing my location , that’s appeared to get big quickly too

Edited by Mark wheeler

Posted
4 minutes ago, Johnp said:

In fairness to Kold the weather gods are taking the p out of Liphook!

86649813-CB60-4E97-AF13-9C14ED3D5F58.jpeg

Yep, that little corridor of no precip is the A3...I just can't get over this. I've never seen such bad luck EVER in all my life as this. As I said, I really will be the only place without snow cover once this done south of the Thames...and I mean that...its just not happening and I'm really annoyed.

If there is a dry slot, we've found it tonight!!!

EDIT- has to be a hill shadow surely, can't be just bad luck...typical...

Edited by kold weather

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
8 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Amazing, your like 40 miles SE of me and it literally looks like a different country compared to what I can see outside, madness!!

There was nothing until I got South of Gatwick,then the snow started.Incredibly it was only sticking to a decent depth on the coast!

15489798188735922431437443462845.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Moderate to heavy stuff pepped up again.

Pushing 5cms.

Posted
1 minute ago, kold weather said:

Yep, that little corridor of no precip is the A3...I just can't get over this. I've never seen such bad luck EVER in all my life as this. As I said, I really will be the only place without snow cover once this done south of the Thames...and I mean that...its just not happening and I'm really annoyed.

I'm really surprised, but I still expect you to have a covering by the morning. You can't carry on missing it. The impression I'm getting is the snow is still building inland. Hope I'm right! 

Posted
39 minutes ago, Spraggyy said:

What do people think for Kent throughout the rest of this ?? It has stop here in MAIDSTONE I feel the 1-7 cm will be less than 1 at the moment 

Nothing much else likely!

In fairness, the forecast was 1cm - 7cm but also some area's would see nothing at all.

It was always expected to fragment and fizzle out.

Pretty accurate really but another disappointing outcome for most in this frustrating winter.

Posted
8 minutes ago, snow raven said:

Been snowing moderately for a good hour in Bexleyheath but isn't showing any signs of settling. 

I really thought we wouldn't have any problems with this due to air and dp temperatures being in our favour overnight.  Has something changed temperature wise?

Scrap that, I've just had another look out the window. Snow is the heaviest it's been all night and is starting to settle.  Phew

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

I waited 4 hours for this snow and it hasn't even settled. What am I doing with my life.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Man With Beard said:

I'm really surprised, but I still expect you to have a covering by the morning. You can't carry on missing it. The impression I'm getting is the snow is still building inland. Hope I'm right! 

I seriously think I will keep missing it, I've missed it all night now (nearly 5hrs into the event) I see no reason for that to change, I really don't.

As I said, there has to be some influence from the Downs here, its the only thing I can explain it with. I am at a total loss otherwise.

Whitefox will not be seeing me in my birthday suit tomorrow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!
Just now, smith25 said:

Yay light snow now in braintree essex!

Yep... very light though, just dampening the ground....let’s hope it gets heavier soon!

Posted
Just now, Snowman. said:

I waited 4 hours for this snow and it hasn't even settled. What am I doing with my life.

Ha, I've waited 4hrs for literally nothing, to be chasing dry slots left right and center. At least you have got snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather events and always love snow

Evening All South Eastern Snow Friends from South Wales.

Despite it forecasting a good event and the radar returns showing quite decent signals, its been snowing off and on for about 8 hours and ive got about 5mm.... mostly snizzle

Those who are missing out, you are not alone!

Sometimes things dont quite go as hoped.

Just thought id have a look in and see how things are going on the East Side Massive

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey and mild!

Really coming down well here. Picking up too! Must be 2cm so far and radar looks like its going to deliver at least a couple of hours more.

Pivoting around Bath?