Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

25 minutes ago, SouthLondonCold said:

Snowing quite heavy here in North west kent.

Starting to settle in Gravesend now!! Finally ?maybe 50% of roads and pavements covered 

• Like 1
  • Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best of luck to the SE gang tonight ?

Evening All, I hope other Members have no objection but just wanted to post up a Wintry Slideshow, for our Kentish Members. But I hope all Members will enjoy these very Wintry photos, from around

Best of luck yo you guys and girls in the South. Don't give up hope if it starts as rain. It rained here for about 2 hours now it's heavy snow. You should be good for a few cms also as it's very heavy

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Steve Murr said:

This is the jackpot zone - maybe a shade further North

440A0F2A-A428-4373-8A0C-1C65D8658EB2.thumb.png.44d162130d334d7519aa5aa01e582a64.png

Just on the northern edge of that band at the moment. Snow getting a little heavier by the minute. 

A bit of a band setting up between Portsmouth and Alton, and the dry a lot is finally filling in with light rubbish that is not going to do a jot.

Once that backedge comes through that is game over then according to the UKMO latest 23z update.

4 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

This is the jackpot zone - maybe a shade further North

440A0F2A-A428-4373-8A0C-1C65D8658EB2.thumb.png.44d162130d334d7519aa5aa01e582a64.png

Nothing to do with the Thames helping things in your view Steve ?.

ps , are you on the Jackpot ? Zone 

Edited by Mark wheeler

Been snowing moderately for a good hour in Bexleyheath but isn't showing any signs of settling. 

I really thought we wouldn't have any problems with this due to air and dp temperatures being in our favour overnight.  Has something changed temperature wise?

1 minute ago, sunnijim said:

The Corsa got me to the gates of Brighton I'm the usual time from SE London...

Then mayhem insued.Chaos on the roads,cars sliding around.Had to abandon my car on the seafront and walk for 30 mins in a blizzard.

Saltdean snow pictures

20190131_234232.jpg

20190131_234931.jpg

20190131_234300.jpg

Amazing, your like 40 miles SE of me and it literally looks like a different country compared to what I can see outside, madness!!

6 minutes ago, Neilsouth said:

A complete bust to be honest, very little snow, nothing much on the ground and the radar returns are not accurate to what is actually falling.

So far this winter has been a massive dissapointment with two completely failed forecasts. Night all ?

Folkestone saltwood and ashford have a covering?

36 minutes ago, dubmuffin said:

Quite a lot of snowflakes out there, but having very little impact, really must get some sleep. Damn those met office graphics

Same here, lot's of snow , but very wet type.

2 minutes ago, Snowman. said:

Not settling here ?

Nope. 45mins of light/mod snow but not heavy enough to do anything other than make it damp. Trash.

• Like 1