Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Just now, kold weather said:

Ah no problems!

I've long given up any notions of having any meaningful snow, though I'm still really peeved with how this night has evolved. Anything now is a bonus...literally any snow. Something, even a 5 minute moderate fall would be more than I expect right now...

Do feel for you mate. It was looking good for your neck of the woods. Shows how much it really comes down to radar watching on the night. 

A complete bust to be honest, very little snow, nothing much on the ground and the radar returns are not accurate to what is actually falling.

So far this winter has been a massive dissapointment with two completely failed forecasts. Night all 😞

1 minute ago, Steve Murr said:

Closing in on our first CM now-

But could get dry slotted like @kold weather

The good news Steve is the UKMO are showing another area moving up through the area later tonight, I think its starting to develop right to my south.

Still looking pretty weak if I extrapolate the tracks of the showers, nothing really decent at all showin itself here!

Why is the band ALWAYS at its weakest point when it crosses here, this is about the 5th time tonight that has happened!

2 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Great swimming 🏊‍♀️ pool in Dorking , used to drive all the way there from Chessington when a child, I wasn’t driving obviously 🤭

Is that the one next to the theatre? ( I may be completely wrong! I just remember parking in a car park behind a leisure centre)

25 minutes ago, SouthLondonCold said:

Snowing quite heavy here in North west kent.

Starting to settle in Gravesend now!! Finally 😁maybe 50% of roads and pavements covered 

1 minute ago, Steve Murr said:

This is the jackpot zone - maybe a shade further North

440A0F2A-A428-4373-8A0C-1C65D8658EB2.thumb.png.44d162130d334d7519aa5aa01e582a64.png

Just on the northern edge of that band at the moment. Snow getting a little heavier by the minute. 

Yh Estuary filling up with Snow, some really nice returns now in the River

Do. Not. Move. 

1078608630_Screenshot2019-01-31at23_56_27.thumb.png.d1713e1c389355a322797c56a5ff94ce.png

Can it move a bit north please, like 10-20 miles

1 minute ago, Daniel Smith said:

Do. Not. Move. 

1078608630_Screenshot2019-01-31at23_56_27.thumb.png.d1713e1c389355a322797c56a5ff94ce.png

I'm RIGHT on the lower edge of this 🤯🤯

A bit of a band setting up between Portsmouth and Alton, and the dry a lot is finally filling in with light rubbish that is not going to do a jot.

Once that backedge comes through that is game over then according to the UKMO latest 23z update.

4 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

440A0F2A-A428-4373-8A0C-1C65D8658EB2.thumb.png.44d162130d334d7519aa5aa01e582a64.png

Nothing to do with the Thames helping things in your view Steve ?.

ps , are you on the Jackpot 🎰 Zone 

Edited by Mark wheeler

Dew Point back down to -2c - Phew

Heavier pulse again in Hailsham.

Sky looks full of it again.

Been snowing moderately for a good hour in Bexleyheath but isn't showing any signs of settling. 

I really thought we wouldn't have any problems with this due to air and dp temperatures being in our favour overnight.  Has something changed temperature wise?

Come to Papa! Just a mile or two more and then you can stop moving!

CEFDEA12-8AB2-4DAE-A06F-31023C107707.jpeg

1 minute ago, sunnijim said:

The Corsa got me to the gates of Brighton I'm the usual time from SE London...

Then mayhem insued.Chaos on the roads,cars sliding around.Had to abandon my car on the seafront and walk for 30 mins in a blizzard.

Saltdean snow pictures

20190131_234232.jpg

20190131_234931.jpg

20190131_234300.jpg

Amazing, your like 40 miles SE of me and it literally looks like a different country compared to what I can see outside, madness!!

5 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Yep, I can confirm.😁

2 minutes ago, Snowman. said:

Not settling here 😞

Nor here.. 

6 minutes ago, Neilsouth said:

A complete bust to be honest, very little snow, nothing much on the ground and the radar returns are not accurate to what is actually falling.

So far this winter has been a massive dissapointment with two completely failed forecasts. Night all 😞

Folkestone saltwood and ashford have a covering?

Steady snow here, beginning to get a covering after a slow start to things. All looking good for the upcoming hours.