Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
1 minute ago, kold weather said:

Latest UKMO radar update suggests the whole thing is still lifting northwards, and does actually give my area some moderate snow between 1-2am.

Do I bother staying up? Its all been a total waste of time so far?!

Off to bed mate. I fear for your health if by 2am you still have nothing. 

Posted
7 minutes ago, Nick F said:

Yep, I'm hoping south London is the pivot point and we are stuck under a runner of snow all night … no work for me tomorrow too.

THIS! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

Just went out for a walk ( don't have a dog and the cat didn't fancy it!) lovely squeaky snow! Didn't measure but must be A couple of inches. Temp -0.2. Tried to get some pics of the covered lane but snow flakes Just created lots of white streaks!

Will be gutted if it rains and ruins it!

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, kold weather said:

My rage is forcing this system further north!

Pressure has risen a little recently, so either its filling in, or it is still moving north. Based con radar returns and the way precip is filling on the back side of the low, I think its still making some northwards progress.

I feel your pain. We had the hardest over the top and nothing stuck after 3 hrs, just to high dew points. Few miles north and inland. Winter utopia! At least we have seen blizzard conditions and my window sills are covered with ice like a freezing rain storm from the wind and thaw.

0.6deg here and dew point 0. Have a blast tonight, one small saving grace may be the trains wont run tomorrow. Hopefully......

Posted
1 minute ago, Nick F said:

Think you may need some rehab tomorrow! Your old haunt in south Essex always does better for snow, you must miss it there for that?

Well the thing is, storm Emma was decent here, as was the other snow in March 18, and I did ok in several marginal set-ups back in December 2017. But this has been just one non-stop disaster of a night for snow. I'm really not sure why it has been avoided! By far my worst bust ever!

I'll be that unlucky one with a green spot within a sea of white on those satellite images at this rate!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Waste of time in Dorking, light dusting and seemed to be stuck in the hole on the radar, anything coming near just fragments before it gets here. As Catherine Tate's Nan would say.....

Wot a load of 'ol sh!!......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
2 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Latest UKMO radar update suggests the whole thing is still lifting northwards, and does actually give my area some moderate snow between 1-2am.

I sincerely hope you get some snow Kold ,

Lots of informative information you have given , all the best .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

20190131_234703.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
1 minute ago, jimbo36 said:

Waste of time in Dorking, light dusting and seemed to be stuck in the hole on the radar, anything coming near just fragments before it gets here. As Catherine Tate's Nan would say.....

Wot a load of 'ol sh!!......

Great swimming ?‍♀️ pool in Dorking , used to drive all the way there from Chessington when a child, I wasn’t driving obviously

Posted

0.0c with a dew point of -1 in Reigate...

http://www.weather.rgsinfo.net/index.htm

There’s a very thin covering at the moment and there’s some flakes blowing around. It’ll be interesting to see if I wake up to anymore...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/cold, Thunderstorms

Snowing in Leighton buzzard now...starting to settle ❄ fairly steady snow at the moment 

20190131_234547.jpg

20190131_234614.jpg

Posted

Looks like the pivot has begun, no snow here yet. Thought I just heard a rumble?

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Mark wheeler said:

I sincerely hope you get some snow Kold ,

Lots of informative information you have given , all the best .

Ah no problems!

I've long given up any notions of having any meaningful snow, though I'm still really peeved with how this night has evolved. Anything now is a bonus...literally any snow. Something, even a 5 minute moderate fall would be more than I expect right now...

Posted

Still light snow in Reigate. The app on my phone says it will snow until 6am, by that time I think we will have about 1cm - which was pretty much what the BBC forecast this morning. Time for bed!

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Waste of time that band has just about crossed us I’d say 3cms on cars & roofs about a dust on pavement and nothing on roads.

Posted

Snowing nicely in Basildon with everything starting to go white. 

Edit: Very large snow flakes here. Has an almost 'lake effect' quality which given proximity to the Thames makes sense.

Edited by Jason M
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
Just now, kold weather said:

Ah no problems!

I've long given up any notions of having any meaningful snow, though I'm still really peeved with how this night has evolved. Anything now is a bonus...literally any snow. Something, even a 5 minute moderate fall would be more than I expect right now...

Do feel for you mate. It was looking good for your neck of the woods. Shows how much it really comes down to radar watching on the night. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

A complete bust to be honest, very little snow, nothing much on the ground and the radar returns are not accurate to what is actually falling.

So far this winter has been a massive dissapointment with two completely failed forecasts. Night all

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Steve Murr said:

Closing in on our first CM now-

But could get dry slotted like @kold weather

The good news Steve is the UKMO are showing another area moving up through the area later tonight, I think its starting to develop right to my south.

Still looking pretty weak if I extrapolate the tracks of the showers, nothing really decent at all showin itself here!

Why is the band ALWAYS at its weakest point when it crosses here, this is about the 5th time tonight that has happened!

Posted
2 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Great swimming ?‍♀️ pool in Dorking , used to drive all the way there from Chessington when a child, I wasn’t driving obviously

Is that the one next to the theatre? ( I may be completely wrong! I just remember parking in a car park behind a leisure centre)

• Like 1