Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

1 minute ago, kold weather said:

Radar showing the cell is dying out over Midhurst...so still no snow of any description...

I'm literally like the eye of a hurricane looking at this radar, there is snow all around, showers all around and I still can't catch a damn break...So sick of this joke now.

You're beeing fooled by the radar returns, it's really not that much at all. Snizzle blowing in the wind

8 minutes ago, kold weather said:

By the way guys, take a look at the radar and the nice hole that is still present over Hampshire. I've gone from one hole to another one! The whole to my east has now filled...and the hole over Hampshire is now trying to fill but is a little...sad really.

Literally snow in every single cardinal direction...other than here...

I must be one of the only people south of the Thames not to have had more than about 1 flake a minute snowfall, can't be many others out there now?!

Kold, I have about (literally) 5mm of patchy snow. No more. No snowflake bigger than 5p size so far all evening. Radar may look appetising from afar but here in Horley it’s garbage on the ground. 

1 minute ago, nick sussex said:

The latest Euro 4 takes the Channel shortwave ene before it fills by 2 am UK time .

So the opposite of the ICON which I think has called this wrong .That looks far too weak with the precip given the latest radar returns .

Euro 4..coming out in gold dust AGAIN nick..

@top performer.

Well my daughter is home , so goodnight all and thank you for sharing all your snow reports and pics ! Sorry to those whom haven’t had any snow 😫 and hope you get some ! X

20 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Yeah, its the hope that kills you. As someone said (I think Whitefox) I've invested far too much into this set-up to go to bed without seeing anything.

Oh and btw, the snows been so light from the backedge, the ground is actually wet....so even if it does snow, probably isn't going to do much unless it has a bit of umph to it...which is not happening.

It’s picking up in godders now - there’s still a chance. We did miss a golden opportunity earlier but all we need it 30 mins heavy snow to get in on the action.

Really feel for u tho. It’s a terrible turnaround of fortune for these parts

Free to a good home  : one lonely carrot. 

Never been used. From a snow free home.

IMG_20190131_232701926.jpg

1 minute ago, kold weather said:

Radar showing the cell is dying out over Midhurst...so still no snow of any description...

I'm literally like the eye of a hurricane looking at this radar, there is snow all around, showers all around and I still can't catch a damn break...So sick of this joke now.

Anyone else out there who has had nothing but snizzle...or am I all alone with that curse now?!

Kold if its any consolation I'm in Ipswich with snow probably just 30 miles to my south but not much chance of it getting closer... 

1 minute ago, pureasthedriven said:

Kold, I have about (literally) 5mm of patchy snow. No more. No snowflake bigger than 5p size so far all evening. Radar may look appetising from afar but here in Horley it’s garbage on the ground. 

So looks like we are still suffering from subsidence...think this isn't going to be our event guys, the guys a little further north in the frontal zone will keep the snow now they have it, probably going to hear reports of 10-20cms from them...and we will have our piddly little dusting to be happy with.

45 minutes ago, tight isobar said:

Steady falls still..

Works off tmoz..a bottle of rioja now..and a few nelson mandelas..

Then me and my boy in the snow..

He'll be amazed..

Screenshot_2019-01-31-22-47-37.png

Enjoy it mate you deserve it. Love your posts.

5 minutes ago, pureasthedriven said:

J have one of those symbols over me now in Horley - trust me, it ain’t heavy snow! I think someone may have sneezed and neglected to catch it. 

Whereas I have a light grey cloud and dry on the MO app, and yet it's snowing heavily! I expect it'll stop when the heavy snow icon appears...

Snowing here in Mid East Herts / West Essex.

Nothing settling in Se london. 

When people say cm I often think they mean mm when the pics arrive.

Been looking on my phone at out external Nest camera and didn't look too heavy but just looked of my window and it is heavy... Happy Days!

7/10 starting to settle even down here at sea level!!

3 minutes ago, pinball wizard said:

Kold if its any consolation I'm in Ipswich with snow probably just 30 miles to my south but not much chance of it getting closer... 

True, but at least you are not surrounded by radar returns for snow. I'm in the middle of a hole about 30 miles in diameter with showers that just decay every time they get close.

At least you were frankly never likely to get snow from todays forecast...pretty much all the models gave me at least something, and some were giving me 5-10cms, the worst had 1-2cms but...I'm not going to get even that.

Edited by kold weather

Moderate fall of fat flakes now here near Croydon, but not settling readily yet ...

So much snow to the east all the way across to SW Holland and pretty heavy band coming into Sussex coast too by the looks of it

Just now, Mal Kapadia said:

Been looking on my phone at out external Nest camera and didn't look too heavy but just looked of my window and it is heavy... Happy Days!

Yes I would class it as heavy Mal , I’m just down the road I’m Chessington, but surprised though it doesn’t seem to be settling on some surfaces .

7 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Anyone else out there who has had nothing but snizzle...or am I all alone with that curse now?!

Nothing here in Deal either.

Calling it a night now as I have to be up early, took this a few mins ago, hopefully it will keep going for a while yet

20190131_232937.jpg

13 minutes ago, Angel Wings said:

Snowing in galleywood , Chelmsford , altho very light at the moment , typical I live on one of those streets that the lights turn off at midnight 🤦🏼‍♀️

Me too. Nothing here in Colchester...not expecting much...probably wake to a cm or so...been right on the edge of every decent model run. 

2 minutes ago, kold weather said:

True, but at least you are not surrounded by radar returns for snow. I'm in the middle of a hole about 30 miles in diameter with showers that just decay every time they get close.

At least you were frankly never likely to get snow from todays forecast...pretty much all the models gave me at least something, and some were giving me 5-10cms, the worst had 1-2cms but...I'm not going to get even that.

You'll be really angry when that hole shrinks to 100 metres!

Starting to settle on roads here in north west kent. Radar looks very good. Anyone have any idea how much snow we could get in london?

Provided the heaviest stuff doesn't move from directly above me for the next 5 weeks, there's a pretty good chance I'll end up with a dusting! 

Higher ground perhaps more favoured than expected?