Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Starting to get heavier. Close to 2cm now in harrow. Precipitation really prepping up across London

Finally something white falling - Its a start

Heavy ish snow in Gravesend but not settling at all wet damp squib of a fail here😭

1 hour ago, Kentspur said:

When You say Kent which parts do you mean I'm in furthest NW Kent but when I hear Kent and snow jackpot I always just assume everywhere else in Kent but here 😂

Sorry - missed your post, but looks absolutely beautiful in NW kent on the radar now, it looked like marginality might creep in from the South at the end.

Precip really blowing up in the estuary just south of Southend, looking good for south Essex if it holds together

Quite a lot of snowflakes out there, but having very little impact, really must get some sleep. Damn those met office graphics

What do people think for Kent throughout the rest of this ?? It has stop here in MAIDSTONE I feel the 1-7 cm will be less than 1 at the moment 

39 minutes ago, LightningLover said:

Snow is very slowly beginning to show signs of tapering off now... But WOW! We must be coming on to about 4.5cm now, with every surface covered!

It's very wet snow here, has covered a bit, but it won't last long I don't think.

Still snowing lightly in Hailsham.

Surprisingly this evening’s been way better than “the beast”, for us at least.

3 minutes ago, danm said:

Sounds like a great night 

Legit just spat my tea out. Howling!

Feeling a bit downbeat at the moment as was hoping to see a bit of settling snow by now; any snow that is falling isn't settling.  Think I'm off to bed and hope some snow settles over night 🤞🤞

6 minutes ago, Snow and storms said:

decent covering up on the ridge in hastings, between 4-6cm i reckon, that back building on the radar looks like it might hit us, hope it does and stays heavy.

Just a mile or so away here in St Leonards it's been 1cm at best....

4 minutes ago, snowbob said:

I have been all day

and all the models 

the movement east confused me some what

was just hoping for a gentle nudge of your experience 

but Thankyou for replying 

It’s one of those occasions when you see such variance in the models that it is just pot luck

22 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

I know,I know stop looking at the apps! But it's amazed me how much this has changed throughout the last couple hours. I can't see this happening all night but stranger things have happened I guess?!

Screenshot_20190131-230021.png

J have one of those symbols over me now in Horley - trust me, it ain’t heavy snow! I think someone may have sneezed and neglected to catch it. 

1 minute ago, Kentspur said:

Heavy ish snow in Gravesend but not settling at all wet damp squib of a fail here😭

Not settling here in lower Strood but upper Strood it is, quite surprised actually..

Still not looking! 

If I look outside and there isn't snow on the ground... 

I know the forecast, I know the advice, but I just want to make sure the other half eats her words 😁

2 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Finally something white falling - Its a start

Eagerly waiting for you to say this.

Wheres Fujita?

Edited by Chris101

The latest Euro 4 takes the Channel shortwave ene before it fills by 2 am UK time .

So the opposite of the ICON which I think has called this wrong .That looks far too weak with the precip given the latest radar returns .

1 minute ago, Spraggyy said:

What do people think for Kent throughout the rest of this ?? It has stop here in MAIDSTONE I feel the 1-7 cm will be less than 1 at the moment 

It's awful, probably the lightest frontal snowfall I've seen for years! If it wasn't for the wind i wouldn't even bother looking.

OTT Forecasting 😞

Radar showing the cell is dying out over Midhurst...so still no snow of any description...

I'm literally like the eye of a hurricane looking at this radar, there is snow all around, showers all around and I still can't catch a damn break...So sick of this joke now.

Anyone else out there who has had nothing but snizzle...or am I all alone with that curse now?!

Edited by kold weather

Just to be clear, it's snowing quite nicely here in Twickenham but not as heavily as you might think looking at the radar. Thin covering (max 1cm) on cars, grass etc but still not really settling on roads. 

2 minutes ago, snow raven said:

Feeling a bit downbeat at the moment as was hoping to see a bit of settling snow by now; any snow that is falling isn't settling.  Think I'm off to bed and hope some snow settles over night 🤞🤞

I feel your pain. Not that I'm looking.... 

(but there is still time 🙂

3 minutes ago, lawrenk said:

Still snowing lightly in Hailsham.

Surprisingly this evening’s been way better than “the beast”, for us at least.

The beast was poor for me as well