Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

3 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Some light-moderate showers. So maybe 10-15 minutes of moderate snowfall to come, as per radar some showers kicking off over Portsmouth..

Forgive me for not being excited about that...because I'm not...its no doubt going to die overhead...just to spite me at this point ;) 

KW you’re starting to sound unhinged ! ? Do you not have any alcohol in doors or a couple of hash cakes! 

Can you just chill for a bit. I’m getting concerned for your mental well being !

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Ben Sainsbury said:

Dew point and temperature have gotten warmer over the last few years, fingers crossed the snow flakes become bigger and wetter.

Temperature has edged up to 0 here in Three Mile Cross, but still reading a dew point of -2. Snow is back up to 5 on the Murr scale, so snow getting heavier again.

Are you on campus at REading Uni?

Still heavy snow just west of Brighton , off to bed soon as got to walk to work tomorrow as no way driving , Night night guys , good luck to you all , really enjoyed tonight 

• Like 1

Nothing apart from a few flakes so far in NE London. Keeps breaking up before it reaches. 

Naff all....losing faith...oh and the will to live....

Glad to see the south coast getting a battering...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WhiteFox said:

Temperature has edged up to 0 here in Three Mile Cross, but still reading a dew point of -2. Snow is back up to 5 on the Murr scale, so snow getting heavier again.

Are you on campus at REading Uni?

Yeah I am on campus in halls of residence, using the Reading observatory as my data atm.

3 minutes ago, kold weather said:

10.30pm update...

No snow still.

Nothing coming down. Despite being on the back edge.

Nothing happening, I'm not even going to get ANY snow at this rate...yet alone to settle...unreal...

Edit - Birthday suit is not going to be needed now, 100% certain...not even a dusting is going to happen now.

This is some seriously impressive reverse psychology!

1 minute ago, nick sussex said:

KW you’re starting to sound unhinged ! ? Do you not have any alcohol in doors or a couple of hash cakes! 

Can you just chill for a bit. I’m getting concerned for your mental well being ! 

Well if I can just get more than 2-3 flakes of snow, then I probably wouldn't be so fobbed off...

I've never personally had a bust as severe as this one I've got to say, literally nothing!

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, snow raven said:

Lots of you live in a place called 'here'.

Where abouts in the SE is that? ?

Not far from ware ??

Going through various data..

This looks about correct..via met..

The best yet 2 bk up...

Any1 giving up the game north london southwards...are over-reacting tbf!!

Screenshot_2019-01-31-22-30-52.png

Everywhere’s dusted white now within a few minutes. Good sign

4 minutes ago, snow raven said:

Lots of you live in a place called 'here'.

Where abouts in the SE is that? ?

For those who don’t know go to your name top right of page.  Then to your profile and then edit. You can put your location in. 

• Thanks 1

Radar really pepping up now, looking great for Kent and *maybe* moving into Essex. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WhiteFox said:

I notice the goal in the background; I'm assuming any football will be called off this weekend?

yes ?

7 minutes ago, dallas said:

Light snow greenhithe n/w kent

Well I never !!!

11 minutes ago, James Oliver said:

1-2cm in Folkestone 

0.2c

What bit do you live in James? I used to live down by the Harbour and had a couple of decent falls there in the 6 years I was there. Cheriton tends to do quite well, as does the area closer to the hills.

Everything white up here now. Temp -0.3c DP -0.5C so Dee point rising slightly...

• Like 1

Radar shows back edge dying over my head, just to finish the night. I'm done guys, good luck everyone, I will have literally nothing tomorrow morning. Enjoy your snow!

• Thanks 1

Good start got a nice coverage and I’m sure the fun will begin in about hour or so.

32215528-7BB4-467B-B0B7-1E2DA3028BD6.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Ben Sainsbury said:

Yeah I am on campus in halls of residence, using the Reading observatory as my data atm.

Ah! It's a nice campus. What's the temperature reading there?

1 minute ago, Ice Day said:

Radar really pepping up now, looking great for Kent and *maybe* moving into Essex. 

Kent the utter sweetspot ..through the night..

No doubts!!!

• Thanks 1

Still persistent, at times heavy, small flakes but not settling despite going on for a while now here in gants hill - frustrating !