SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best of luck to the SE gang tonight ?

Evening All, I hope other Members have no objection but just wanted to post up a Wintry Slideshow, for our Kentish Members. But I hope all Members will enjoy these very Wintry photos, from around

Best of luck yo you guys and girls in the South. Don't give up hope if it starts as rain. It rained here for about 2 hours now it's heavy snow. You should be good for a few cms also as it's very heavy

Posted Images

Just now, london-snow said:

Meto has heavy snow from midnight into 8am here I guess it may be the back building or possibly strong shower activity. Either way I’m dissatisfied and will retire to my steak chips and diane sauce ?

Mind it doesn't lay heavy, the steak... not the snow!!

A few flakes on the ground and in the air here in Capel. Disappointing considering the forecast and Meto warnings but expected really. It's only weather and that's the way it goes. There are worse things in life to get annoyed about. My only real disappointment is that we won't have enough snow to build a snowman. Yet another year my little Molly (7 next month) hasn't had the chance to build one.☹️ I'm not giving up totally yet though, still time, as we still have a month left of winter?

Lol Nick. Know what you mean. Either people are not reading the synoptics or in their heads it has gone wrong. I'm still optimistic for where I am but I thought I'd do this for giggles on the train journey I am on

Waterloo..light sizzle

Clapham...nothing

Richmond...noting

Twickenham....dandruff

Feltham....patchy covering but lots of falling snow.

Ashford (doesn't call but saw station)....good covering

Staines....a poor patchy covering...no falling precip

Take from that what you will.

The setup is very hard to read though and I'm still not sure just quite how much my hometown will get ?

Edited by john w
Progress
  • Like 3
4 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Snow getting heavier here

Put out the new ruler - #optimism

10EA03A6-8B4C-4A1F-ADCC-82EF26AB5A3F.thumb.jpeg.8af19faf9a7655230dfc8e190951fe37.jpeg

I notice the goal in the background; I'm assuming any football will be called off this weekend?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, bobbydog said:

A few flakes on the ground and in the air here in Capel. Disappointing considering the forecast and Meto warnings but expected really. It's only weather and that's the way it goes. There are worse things in life to get annoyed about. My only real disappointment is that we won't have enough snow to build a snowman. Yet another year my little Molly (7 next month) hasn't had the chance to build one.☹️ I'm not giving up totally yet though, still time, as we still have a month left of winter?

My 9 year old son wants to go out and film in the snow for his YouTube channel tomorrow - I think he might be disappointed! ?

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, Smiler1709 said:

Bognor Regis seems to be in the sweet spot, getting a good dumping. Misses said 2 inches so far and still falling heavy. 

A1ACCF5F-332D-422A-ABEF-8EE5ABA1C518.jpeg

I think you are top of the list so far mate. And on the coast too. 

• Like 1
Just now, Weather Wonder said:

MO updated their charts again, looking much better for the dry slot!

46596D51-5762-4D3F-A9FE-774015573067.png

48834FE5-9899-4C0C-85BB-B78DD5012CA2.png

Some light-moderate showers. So maybe 10-15 minutes of moderate snowfall to come, as per radar some showers kicking off over Portsmouth..

Forgive me for not being excited about that...because I'm not...its no doubt going to die overhead...just to spite me at this point ;) 

• Like 1
Just now, Mark Liffen said:

Oh ok thanks just looking at radar seemed likely but haven't a clue . Oh we'll hopefully more luck if we get a next time 

Well the situation is somewhat unpredictable. Some have suggested 'hard to read', so it is not impossible. You never know ?

4 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Can also confirm, Snowing edge of Medway, Boxley (Maidstone)...light at moment

Yup snowing just up the road here very lightly