SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best of luck to the SE gang tonight ?

Evening All, I hope other Members have no objection but just wanted to post up a Wintry Slideshow, for our Kentish Members. But I hope all Members will enjoy these very Wintry photos, from around

Best of luck yo you guys and girls in the South. Don't give up hope if it starts as rain. It rained here for about 2 hours now it's heavy snow. You should be good for a few cms also as it's very heavy

Posted Images

Just now, onepingonly said:

I was feeling as hopeless as you 30mins ago but it's not over yet

Back edge is dying by the way...

It is over here unfortunately...and I do pride myself at being good at reading radar and extrapolating, and the grass will be staying nice and green. More snow from the frost this morning...ridiculous!

3 minutes ago, kold weather said:

We probably aren't even getting 1cm, yet alone 1 inch!

Could not have been more poorly positioned for us can it? Maybe a few weak showers coming behind the front around the LP...but even they will probably die off overland.

Think I was a bit quick to post earlier, you are right looking at the radar we will get something, most likely a dusting although an inch would be nice, hey ho we can dream

2 minutes ago, Delka said:

nobody along the south coastal areas of kent to report on all that incoming on the radar?

I'm wondering too? Somebody in Hythe earlier said it just started to lightly snow so I think the Radar is somewhat off. Here in Thanet... nothing. 

Even our two little bunnies have been praying tonight..... The boys are due at the vet in Dorking at 8:30 in the morning to have their nuts chopped..... At the moment it looks like this time tomorrow they'll be licking their wounds not celebrating another week of freedom....??

Moderate snow now, albeit small flakes. Good dusting already. Looks like i'll be too far west for the heavy stuff, although it does seem to reinvigorating as it hits the m25. Better than nothing!

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

Snow is really settling now on paths and grass,  some big flakes more small. I’ve worked out met office radar seems spot on for me

I've always found NW radar to be somewhat 'rampy' over the years.

I've just found this https://www.metcheck.com/WEATHER/precipitype.asp?V=Z

How cool is that? Not rampy, either!

• Like 1
Just now, london-snow said:

Absolutely terrible radar returns maybe a brief hour of heavy snow but that looks it..

Well you've had an hour more than I will ever have tonight, so better than nothing right.

But yeah, that is it...

Just now, Nqp15hhu said:

I am horrified at the abuse that I have received for stating that I study a degree in Met and then referred to as a troll.

I am not a troll. Not everyone responds positively to abuse and stirring.

4D948865-79D0-45A5-BE6A-918EA10D37F9.png

Think you have posted in the wrong thread mate.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Back edge is dying by the way...

It is over here unfortunately...and I do pride myself at being good at reading radar and extrapolating, and the grass will be staying nice and green. More snow from the frost this morning...ridiculous!

Strangely we got the most snow where it was light blue on the radar...

Waiting for a dark blob now to see what that brings