Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Lift off moderate snow..

Cars begining to cover...

Some good denseity to the clouds now!

1 minute ago, Loifeless said:

Met Office keeps extending the snowfall forecast here, lasting throughout the entirety of Friday and into early Saturday morning. Im having a hard time believing that will happen but we'll see

The Met Office app has been as useful as a chocolate teapot when it comes to forecasting this snow! At 5pm I was supposed to be under drizzle, and it was showing mostly sleet from about 9pm.

About an hour ago it has heavy snow through to about 3am, and it now has light snow (which is correct), dry until 11pm, light snow until 2am and then heavy snow until 6am! It's making it up as it goes along!

I'm going to set my alarm for midnight, front is moving so slowly it's going to last into Saturday at this rate..

I'll be back! Love you all to bits xxxx

Everything white here , main road now white .Proper snow very heavy , snow day tomorrow for def .So excited 

Just got out of work and honestly haven’t had any chance to catch up , what’s the latest forecast / thinking ?. 

Snowing moderately on the chelsea kings road , no settling but you can tell it’s only just started .

According to the radar and NW warning I should have snow

NO NO NO SNOW!

6 minutes ago, Delka said:

weird, already frosty and icy up here! the ice started making a comeback about 6pm and formed very quickly, going to be another slippery day tomorrow around here.

Just this minute went out to grab some logs for the burner, its oddly mild. Well i say mild, its mild compared to this morning when it was -6

Just now, WhiteFox said:

The Met Office app has been as useful as a chocolate teapot when it comes to forecasting this snow! At 5pm I was supposed to be under drizzle, and it was showing mostly sleet from about 9pm.

About an hour ago it has heavy snow through to about 3am, and it now has light snow (which is correct), dry until 11pm, light snow until 2am and then heavy snow until 6am! It's making it up as it goes along!

It's honestly been dead on here, correct times for the first initial passing of snow and then a quieter period. Might justve been lucky though

Can we please post locations for us on mobiles cheers

Can we stop deliberately trying to provoke certain posters please. If you think someone is trolling or has a second account, please report it to us.

The odd flake in the air here in South Woodham, if you go outside and look really hard. 

1 minute ago, Mark wheeler said:

Just got out of work and honestly haven’t had any chance to catch up , what’s the latest forecast / thinking ?. 

Snowing moderately on the chelsea kings road , no settling but you can tell it’s only just started .

you'll be getting home to a decent covering

A light dusting now everywhere here in Old Windsor. Can we get more than Beast From The East last year ? 😳❄️❄️❄️

02758A09-3371-49DD-9A74-124CFA163C4B.jpeg

Edited by prolongedSnowLover

Proper heavy snow now with wind pepping up too

Finally, Rapunzel's trip to the Tower (Lamppost) can reveal some very fine flakes falling and there's even a partial dusting, on the ground. It barely shows up against the lamppost. Lee, S.E.London.

Oh and in other news, there's a sale on at Macy's!!

Regards,

Tom, :hi:

9.30 Kold update and....

No snow, not even a flake falling...

The backedge may give 5-10 minutes of moderate snow and then finished.

Looking nice and heavy now on the Sussex coast - Shoreham by Sea

14 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

Latest chart shows the shortwave in the Channel developing into a small low separate from the main low.

Is that good or bad, and a y way of knowing which way they will move., both east, or will the new low come north, hope not lol, that'll be what changes us to rain down here.

Blizzard like conditions now..near on vertical falls!!!

20190131_213437.jpgrapid accum..

20190131_213433.jpg

Edited by tight isobar

2 minutes ago, Htid said:

Ill have a look. It's proper snowing here now mate. Dewpoint still on the rise. -0.1 now. 

Same as here. right on the back edge now though. I think i may be calling it a night and heading for bed, i dont think we will be getting anything more and the misses is tired! Be more than happy to find out i was wrong in the morning but i really think the system has weakened a lot more than it was forecast. Good to meet you anyway buddy. maybe il catch you here the next time something exciting looks to come our way 🙂

It looks like a stonker for Kent now looking at the radar, it could turn to rain but i think the only way you are going to get a decent fall from this is by risking being on the boundary between rain and snow.

Aaaaaaand snow has stopped.

Just now, prolongedSnowLover said:

A light dusting now everywhere here in Old Windsor. Can we get more than Beast From The East last year ? 😳❄️❄️❄️

02758A09-3371-49DD-9A74-124CFA163C4B.jpeg

Next week possibly i hear

Had a slight dusting earlier but nothing since, I'm confused with what's happening haha some saying Kent won't get any others saying Kent is looking good ??? 🤯🤯🤯 (Sevenoaks)