Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

32 minutes ago, kold weather said:

It probably is too far east for me though unfortunately. If you have the heavy stuff to your south, you will be fine...but for me unfortunately, its to my SE and not rotating any further west than it already is. That's why I'm in the screw zone, because I've not got any decent snowfall with a realistic chance of reaching here, just light rubbish that may not even penetrate the dry boundary level.

Out of interest Where are you?I Thought you were in thurrock then you made a comment saying south downs are near you am confused lol how's my area looking snows light but heavier than it was here currently being going 15mins odd

Edited by Kentspur

Lightly snowing in Sidcup.

• Like 1

the 'really' heavy stuff just doesn't seem to want to come inland.... is this just a timing thing? hopefully there's someone who has studied meteorology on here who can help me out??? 🤣

• Haha 3

Outbreaks of graupel falling now in the Guilford area. 32F so even though its a dusting its settling. Hopefully if comes down for a few hours it will build up to a centimetre.

2 minutes ago, Delka said:

im in a few extreme weather groups on facebook and there's a lady with pictures from the isle of wight showing several cm or more even though it started off mostly rain for them!

Yeah someone said they got hit reasonably hard.

That's several cms more than I am going to get ;) The more I look at the evolution, the more certain I am that this is a total bust for this location...total....

Kentspur, no I'm currently in Liphook in deepest darkest Surrey, close to the Hampshire border, but now to be renamed the land of no snow!

Edited by kold weather
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Sparky68 said:

Not even a frost here, funny old thing this weather lark

weird, already frosty and icy up here! the ice started making a comeback about 6pm and formed very quickly, going to be another slippery day tomorrow around here.

28 minutes ago, WestSussexSnow said:

Flumping it down in Littlehampton. All surfaces getting covered.

Same here in Angmering! 👍

3 minutes ago, Isle of Harry said:

Broken skies above Ramsgate now... boring - fairly chilly and still dry. 

Cheers, saves me having to get up and having a look 😊

• Thanks 1

Just now, kold weather said:

Yeah someone said they got hit reasonably hard.

That's several cms more than I am going to get ;) The more I look at the evolution, the more certain I am that this is a total bust for this location...total....

there are a few reports on social media that are a good sign for those expecting decent accumulations coming up for the rest of the night.. but we can be snowless together 😜 maybe next time for us, eh

• Like 1

Where is my snow? All I’ve got is tiny specks and it’s blowing upwards in the wind....... 😔 Crowborough. 

I promised my daughter a snow day from school.  She is a teacher.  I look after my granddaughter and am I'll I need to be in bed.  I was hoping for a day off tomorrow. I hope others are right as we have had nothing this eve at all. O degrees 93% humidity dp -1

2 minutes ago, username home said:

the 'really' heavy stuff just doesn't seem to want to come inland.... is this just a timing thing? hopefully there's someone who has studied meteorology on here who can help me out??? 🤣

Rumour has it there's a met student in this thread. Ask him 

• Haha 5

In to the lighter band of PPN now; back to light snow.

Temp -0.3 Dp -2 Pressure 981.9 falling slowly.

Three Mile Cross

6 minutes ago, Jackski4 said:

Loving the banta between all the weather geeks and some kid pretending to be a met student. 10/10 keep it going guys.

My son was born November 23 2010

he was a few weeks old when we got hit with the famous freeze.

Funnily enough he didn’t sleep either

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

heavy snow on coast

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, John Stevens said:

Met O still bullish for the rest of the night and all day tomorrow/ Saturday here now......🤞🤞🤞

1325E5B7-F9E5-4571-94D1-25B7F2203DE0.png

🤞 

Met Office keeps extending the snowfall forecast here, lasting throughout the entirety of Friday and into early Saturday morning. Im having a hard time believing that will happen but we'll see

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, jasonuk said:

I think its the dewpoints buddy, the flow has gone from west to east over colder land and now is more northerly so we have the flow straight from the sea, you can see this  on the radar as the precipitation is now more south to north as the low system pivots. Its actually more snow now, but on the edge/end of what should of been the best stuff. Oh well!

Ill have a look. It's proper snowing here now mate. Dewpoint still on the rise. -0.1 now. 

• Like 2

Finally flakes in Deal Kent very minimal but it's snow

Edited by wchris_uk
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Time... is... running... out... come on ... snow already 😖

Not happening in our neck of the woods, you do have a better chance though being that bit further north. But yeah, better get used to seeing the green grass tomorrow...or maybe the white snow that could be mistaken for a frost...we are done...stick a fork in it!

Also, note the arch of the LP, that will push the backend through my location soon enough, will be good for a stall over Kent though.

• Like 1

Snowing quite heavily here now, starting to settle on cars, grass etc, albeit still only a faint dusting...

• Like 2

Back down to 0.2c with a DP of -1.0c 

Snow has finally arrived, about 1/10 on Murr scale though noticed it’s laying readily where the wind isn’t blowing it away

• Like 1