Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

3 minutes ago, Nqp15hhu said:

Thanks, they have been having wee digs at me from the point that I had referenced studying Meteorology. I guess they're feeling bitter because they didn't meet the entry requirements? 🤣

2nd account mate?

Finally started to snow properly in Burgess Hill 🌨

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nqp15hhu said:

Thanks, they have been having wee digs at me from the point that I had referenced studying Meteorology. I guess they're feeling bitter because they didn't meet the entry requirements? 🤣

i have to admit,  since i've seen you arrive on the forum the past few days i've seen about 30 of your posts/comments and a large majority of them seem to be negative, moans and complaints about no snow etc.

i feel it may be giving a bad name to us in the north of the region as there's only few of us up this far north

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jason H said:

ITS NOT THE CASE.

It's not going to be like this all night in here?

It probably is too far east for me though unfortunately. If you have the heavy stuff to your south, you will be fine...but for me unfortunately, its to my SE and not rotating any further west than it already is. That's why I'm in the screw zone, because I've not got any decent snowfall with a realistic chance of reaching here, just light rubbish that may not even penetrate the dry boundary level.

Good covering here in Ashtead Surrey but looks like the hole is about to be over me for a bit but then the heavy stuff from 11pm to 4am!!! AAAANNNNNDDDD........

Light snow then through to 1pm tomorrow???!!! Was supposed to fizzle out at 7am??!! Sleety/Rain after that though which would be a shame!!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jason H said:

ITS NOT THE CASE.

It's not going to be like this all night in here?

Has been so far and I see no reason for it to change!

If it wasn't moving north why is it snowing in Reading?

3 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Snow up scale 5 here

05CAE0D8-6249-4E09-8503-C345E563F4C1.thumb.jpeg.c51e4fc4c7c08170aec7c7266b01e7b3.jpeg

FBC73F35-5B08-413B-809C-AEA58379BFEE.jpeg

2 minutes ago, prolongedSnowLover said:

Look what you could have won tonight on bullseye 🎯🤦‍♂️

F279759E-FC24-47A3-B074-95EF40427E21.png

Just plopping it down with rain in Eastbourne I'm told by my family, even though snowing in Seaford along the coast.

1.8C with 0.8 dew point, 3mm of rain an hour going to waste!

1 minute ago, Stuie W said:

2nd account mate?

just one of the odd balls that comes out when it snows me thinks...

Amber warning suddenly gone for the South West and Wales ..... the radar is showing the main band heading east?

• Like 1

Been showing snow in GU35 for ages on the radar and I can confirm, apart from the odd flurry we have nothing at the moment. Enjoying watching the radar though. Be interesting to see how it moves through in the next couple of hours. Whatever happens it's been a joy chasing the dream of a whiteout.

Oh and I'm also got a bit of a snow shadow as well from the south downs to my south....yeah this ain't happening here guys 😞 such a shame but you win and lose some don't you!

For you guys in Kent, it is coming, just have a little bit of patience with it, that dry air can't linger all night long.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, mulzy said:

Hope it's heading Raynes Park way! 🙂

Hopefully but it's dying out now😝

if we get this for the next 9 hours as the metoffice has us down for, we'll do well. very well. 

wokingham - rg41

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, A Wintry Mix said:

I do, but as quite a few have said that they are under the pink but no snow so the radar is no guarantee

According to that radar we're supposed to having a slight snow shower but nothing. The radar has changed though to pink in the channel which is odd and the green has moved further east. Regardless how accurate that radar is - If that pink pivots North and smacks into us....could be an interesting night. 

Just now, Choggy said:

FBC73F35-5B08-413B-809C-AEA58379BFEE.jpeg

Exactly the same table Steve ...just a tad bit more snow 😂

Just now, Brassmonkeylily said:

Amber warning suddenly gone for the South West and Wales ..... the radar is showing the main band heading east?

Was about to comment the same thing, magically dissipated amber warning in the past 5 minutes! Maybe moving it elsewhere.. maybe towards the southern parts of our region..? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chionomaniac said:

Hurray. Proper snow now. 4/10 Murr scale

So, can someone remind us of the definitions for the Murr scale?

I'm confused as to what is supposed to be happening for East Anglia...Met Office and NetWeather forecasts are contradicting each other...

Capture.JPG

18 minutes ago, Snowy Bob said:

We have Snizzle blowing in the win.

Folkestone.

Yep same, not landing just blowing away lol.

Very light snow in Gravesend started a few minutes ago only noticeable under the light. Concerning about how much rain met app now showing though most of tomorrow 😭

• Like 2