Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

This certainly isn’t going to any plan I read earlier. I’ll probably be roasted for saying that 😅

I can’t work out what’s a good thing and what’s a bad thing anymore - all I see is that no snow appears to be falling from the sky at the moment 😠 

33 minutes ago, MagicBat said:

Can see stars in the sky here in Maidstone 😞

What's going on !! 

10 minutes ago, Neilsouth said:

It still hasn't come ashore towards canterbury and more shearing up the channel!! BUST

Its fizzling out once it gets a few miles onshore.

Brighter radar returns over the estuary now.  Paul S and the Southend crew could be in luck!?

I think I'll add screw zone to my "up the snorter" list! Give it time for gawds sake!

Pretty much stopped in Reigate but patiently waiting for the next band to come up from the coast.

Started to snow lightly here in Windsor. Can't wait for the heavy stuff hopefully to arrive later!

Edit. Should be fun driving to work in Leatherhead tomorrow!

Edited by prolongedSnowLover

There will now be a break in the clouds for approx 1-2 hours before the onslaught of snow really begins in Croydon ❄️❄️

Sent by my family from Bognor Regis, getting a good dumping there which is rare 

9E9D8D52-9D6A-44E7-95FD-64B531BE3CE7.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Spraggyy said:

Can see stars in the sky here in Maidstone 😞

What's going on !! 

Yep! Noted in Medway too on my way back to Boxley!

1 minute ago, Jason H said:

I think I'll add screw zone to my "up the snorter" list! Give it time for gawds sake!

Ha, but really, I am in the screw zone, which is an area which has relatively less snow then elsewhere.

I may well log off anyway, this is going to be a very disappointing night, no point in bothering it cause its going to be trash here. Hope you all have a good night guys, some of you are going to get nailed by this!

God this is like pulling teeth! Come on move up north! 

10 minutes ago, Nqp15hhu said:

As Chris101 says, maybe Meteorology is not for you!!! 🤔

Don’t normally feed the trolls, but if you have any interest in weather you could learn a thing or two from Kold! 

Enjoy your snow tonight, oh wait... 🤐

Edited by Weather Wonder

Good to hear some are getting snow, not got a scooby where the snow is though as I'm on my phone.

Would be good to see a Skew-t from this Evening, have a feeling the Boundary Layer is still too dry and as the Low moves further NE and the Boundary layer moistens the heavier snow will move in across land. Maybe 11pm onwards ? 

Just a hunch

The problem seems to be dry air as the snow hits the coast it just vanishes, hopefully it gets moving again.

Have just been out and nothing....

Now light snow in SE12! 😊

Just now, A Wintry Mix said:

Good to hear some are getting snow, not got a scooby where the snow is though as I'm on my phone.

you can use the netweather radar.... pretty accurate for me at least

9 minutes ago, FlightlessWings said:

Yes, stopped here. Hopefully just for now! 

Met O still bullish for the rest of the night and all day tomorrow/ Saturday here now......🤞🤞🤞

1325E5B7-F9E5-4571-94D1-25B7F2203DE0.png

1 minute ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Yep! Noted in Medway too on my way back to Boxley!

Let's hope its arrives here in Maidstone and heavy at some point tonight

1 minute ago, danm said:

God this is like pulling teeth! Come on move up north! 

It’s painful to watch, just aching for that heavy stuff out east to get into the mouth of the estuary and swing over us! Aargh!

can anyone confirm any flakes from that stuff on the radar moving into london/essex.

2 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Would be good to see a Skew-t from this Evening, have a feeling the Boundary Layer is still too dry and as the Low moves further NE and the Boundary layer moistens the heavier snow will move in across land. Maybe 11pm onwards ? 

Just a hunch

Almost certainly, the boundary cracked just to my north and I got a few flakes from that band before it headed out to my north.

Eventually it will break, but may not be much of the front left by that point sadly! Then we will probably see 3-6hrs of light stuff, which won't add to much (maybe 1-2cms?). That's what I'm expecting, 1-2cms here now...maybe 2cms might be too high. looking good still further east, despite what the radar shows.

Edited by kold weather