Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

The shortwave in the Channel is expected to move more ne for a time , at the same time the low starts to pivot , this will then bring the heavier precip with it .Still a few hours to go before that arrives .

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, jasonuk said:

Sob, Raining here in Eastbourne. Like this post to make it Snow instead  😛

We have snow on the ground in willingdon trees. Snow has changed to rain here now though. 

• Like 1

Steady snow here for the last hour, covering on everything 😍

• Like 2

I still can't believe how unlucky I am going to be with this one 😞 Some great photos guys, keep them coming in, I will have to enjoy the kentimeter I end up with (ha!).

In all seriousness though, 1cm is better than nothing but...only a little! Especially as those further north and east are going to get a solid 5-10cms...

• Like 1

Still waiting patiently in TW13; sent daughter to bed with the guarantee of a snow day tomorrow 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DonnaThw said:

I am confused .  All the radars I’m looking at are different, netweather tell me it’s all nearly over. Met office tells me it hasn’t really begun and another is all over the place. Can anyone explain that to me please @Steve Murr @kold weather which is the closest???

That's exactly how I'm seeing it too, all showing different things 🤯

It still hasn't come ashore towards canterbury and more shearing up the channel!! BUST

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Oh dear!! I picked a fine evening, to give up coffee!!

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

😱Hole getting even bigger Tom, now extends from Horsham to Margate, whats all this about then?:oldangry:

4 minutes ago, surrey snowboy said:

Hello to fellow Dorkinians. Yes, good to be in on the action this evening!

Except now we're in the middle of that great big hole 😥😥😥

1 minute ago, Easily sled said:

Still waiting patiently in TW13; sent daughter to bed with the guarantee of a snow day tomorrow 😂

I think I've made the same mistake with my children lol 

2 minutes ago, Htid said:

We have snow on the ground in willingdon trees. Snow has changed to rain here now though. 

Carew Road here so up a bit o a hill and it has turned slightly sleety but mainly rain, crazy how that little distance can make a difference

21 minutes ago, booferking said:

Good luck the night Mr Murr looking good for later..

snaw.png

That the plan

then stall out!

-0.5c here light snow 3/10

• Like 4

Just now, WhiteFox said:

Here we go!

IMG_20190131_204533_HHT.thumb.jpg.e871951aea0ef0f38f988a3029f51a4c.jpg

You've probably got more snow then I'll end up with after the whole thing mate! Very nice photos, keep it coming.

That radar looking great for some tonight! Looking like a cm or 2 coming in my direction. Someone somewhere is going to hit the jackpot!

Well, we have moderate snizzle that's immediately melting on ALL surfaces... Hooray?

coming down nicely in wokingham, cars and pavements all getting a covering. perfectly timed for minimal traffic and chaos tomorrow if this continues through the night!

• Like 1

Just put the bins out in Addlestone, it’s begun. Light snow starting to settle 👍🏼

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kold weather said:

I still can't believe how unlucky I am going to be with this one 😞 Some great photos guys, keep them coming in, I will have to enjoy the kentimeter I end up with (ha!).

In all seriousness though, 1cm is better than nothing but...only a little! Especially as those further north and east are going to get a solid 5-10cms...

At least you'll get some 👍

Planet Thanet 1.3c

3 minutes ago, kold weather said:

I thought you would be in a decent spot mate 😔

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, kold weather said:

You've probably got more snow then I'll end up with after the whole thing mate! Very nice photos, keep it coming.

We've done very well here the last two years. During both events last year snow seemed to build just east and push overhead. Hoping for same tonight! Mind you, I waited a good 25 years before that (with exception of January 2010)!

2 hours ago, Matty88 said:

🤣 just popped head into the South West forum - by heck there are a lot of disgruntled people in there! The amber warning area the meto put up have had little precipitation to date and it seems to have formed a 'dry slot' right over this area, potentially could leave these parts with barely a sprinkling! 

Anyway, the radar looks to me like the fronts primary energy is being pushed east...which could benefit Kent and the like later on. Will be watching with interest once it starts heading North and keeping an eye on intensity.... interesting times

Do you think it will reach ely?

0.2c DP -1.2c and getting very windy

Snow 0/10 on the Murr scale 🙃

• Like 1

Just now, A Wintry Mix said:

At least you'll get some 👍

Planet Thanet 1.3c

Very true, but a dusting doesn't really set my world alight, especially as probably 20 miles east and north there is going to probably be a solid 5-10cms from this!