SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best of luck to the SE gang tonight ?

Evening All, I hope other Members have no objection but just wanted to post up a Wintry Slideshow, for our Kentish Members. But I hope all Members will enjoy these very Wintry photos, from around

Best of luck yo you guys and girls in the South. Don't give up hope if it starts as rain. It rained here for about 2 hours now it's heavy snow. You should be good for a few cms also as it's very heavy

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Snowman. said:

What you feel Paul reckon we could actually see some flakes tonight?

Looking at the radar yes definately, but worried the wintry mix could push the snow levels down by the morning

2 minutes ago, Snowman. said:

I wanna know too lol. To my completely untrained eye, the blob looks like it could head our way over south essex, but worried the temp will go too high....fingers crossed though

3 minutes ago, Snowman. said:

I wonder though if the modelled winds and dewpoints might be wrong for the morning though, if this LP has not behaved as it should and lands in a different position to where it was modelled then the winds might be ENE and not ESE by dawn which should make the dewpoints better for us

3 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

If it was heading east you wouldn’t get the arcing nw into the estuary .

I think people are getting stressed prematurely . ?

Absolutely Nick.. I think some of us need to chill a bit and go back to radar watching school.. precipitation (snow) is clearly forming into distinct heavy bands and now starting to build back to the west and north etc etc

• Like 2

NOAA radar saying heavy snow will arrive on my doorstep at 9pm which to be fair is what the Meto have consistently forecast then 4-5 hours of heavy snow as the arm pivots

11 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

The French radar clearly shows the band arcing around nw.

So it moves east but then the precip moves nw aswell.

Nick, do you think the Chiltern will be in the firing line? Met office app showing light snow for now about 30mins ago but that has disappeared to be replaced with 6-7 hours of heavy from midnight

39 minutes ago, chionomaniac said:

Someone in Brighton needs to go to the end of the pier and give us a snow report lol

Ha! Sorry, far too cosy lamppost watching in front of the fire. 

Its looking increasing more positive for us Brightonians this time around though ?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

If it was heading east you wouldn’t get the arcing nw into the estuary .

I think people are getting stressed prematurely . ?

Just switched the radar to IRELAND and it shows a much better aspect of it moving North... thanks mate, 

• Like 1