Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Am also Interested in the new band of precipitation wrapping around the formed low down by Alderney (Channel Islands).

Going to be lots of radar and nowcasting this evening..

Promised the girlfriend an inch or two tonight, could be the second time I've failed to deliver on that..

• Like 1

Snowing in Ashtead Surrey! I'm wondering if potential accumulations are less due to the fact it's blowing about out there? I remember last year we had less on the ground as the wind meant it just blew about all over the place and not falling straight down. Mind you, forecast to be heavy snow from about 11pm to 4am so that might help it!!!

• Like 2

Just now, steveinsussex said:

I fear this will be a bust for 90%

You can see the radar is not playing ball, its hardly moving north, it's mostly going east/north east along the channel. A lot of people are going to be seriously dissapointed as a massive bust in forecasting. If I'm wrong and I hope I am, then I'll say so

1 minute ago, Daniel Smith said:

Promised the girlfriend an inch or two tonight, could be the second time I've failed to deliver on that..

You just put a horribly spin on it. I feel bad for promising my mum 5 inches now😭😭

• Like 1

Gone from very light snow to light snow

Temp down a notch  -0.9C

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Marie said:

Getting heavy and bigger flakes in Portslade near Brighton 

ah! love Portslade...my dad was evacuated there in the second world war (sorry off Topic). positive post for you there jackski4

• Like 2

yep snow is slowly but surely gaining intensity now in Hastings!! That wind is biting...

Another tick up to 1.9, definitely pulling in some milder air at this end of south essex! 

I honestly think we are still an hour or two away from the heavier precipitation which is over the channel. People need to chill and let nature do its thing!

• Like 2

All seems to be fizzeling away and pushing quickly eastwards without much inland incursion not really expecting anything now sadly.

I go away for two minutes and there's 30 new posts!

I can't stop looking at the lamp post outside the window. It's going to be a long night.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, weathergeek said:

Snowing in Ashtead Surrey! I'm wondering if potential accumulations are less due to the fact it's blowing about out there? I remember last year we had less on the ground as the wind meant it just blew about all over the place and not falling straight down. Mind you, forecast to be heavy snow from about 11pm to 4am so that might help it!!!

Not sure we have the right conditions for powder snow so despite the wind snow accumulations should be level

• Thanks 1

Snowing heavily in coulsdon. Paths and even the salted roads have been covered in the dace a 10 mins. 🙂

• Like 2

I can confirm....

It's freezing out here. 

Folkestone. 

• Like 1

Seen reports on twitter of settling snow in Bournemouth and Southampton 

• Like 1

Ok heavy snow now lovely big flakes , starting to lay on cars , Portslade near Brighton 

• Like 3

Fingers crossed you guys get a good snow event tonight, cant see it getting this far North.

2 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

ah! love Portslade...my dad was evacuated there in the second world war (sorry off Topic). positive post for you there jackski4

Proud of you😂

• Like 1

Someone in Brighton needs to go to the end of the pier and give us a snow report lol

• Like 2