Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

2 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

6am dewpoints tomorrow

34EDF4EE-4517-434D-A7DC-5E52DB38198D.thumb.png.9b78a6d76cb56cfc35260f9f44f36d23.png

Well that looks a lot better than 2c Lol

Not many people live on a boat off the Estuary so happy with that

Left work early to get home before the main event. A few snow grains in the air already. Temp 1°. Was below freezing in some spots on my drive home

Just heading off on a second date to Ashford!! It’s gonna be hard not to sneak a peek at the thread lol. 

Hope we get home ok. Me Tenterden, she Teynham way. 

Enjoy peeps

I knew I'd seen that Amber Warning shape before.... isle of man!

255px-Flag_of_the_Isle_of_Mann.svg.png

Edited by Kent Blizzard

UKMO 12z is quite a big upgrade as well in terms of precip, with 12hrs of snow roughly at a moderate level, then a 2nd bite tomorrow evening as the front re-energises and moves away. 2nd attempt is VERY marginal, but at some altitude and with snow cover in place, could provide another top up.

18 hours ago, Paul Sherman said:

Took a good 3 weeks for this to finally go - Ah East North Easterly I love you so much 

165355_1497494084175_5843788_n.jpg

Just started snowing lightly in Basingstoke, reckon this is gonna be cracking

5 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

what uni are you at

RVC, in camden

Just seen this on BBC News. Okehampton. Definitely snow when it gets to us!!

FBD289E8-DDB3-43F8-8DF3-3C163B1C8671.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Well that looks a lot better than 2c Lol

Not many people live on a boat off the Estuary so happy with that

Paul, I'm starting to get whiffs of that Dec 2010 event here...remember how that one got big time upgraded as the event started. Was only ever forecasted 5-10cms where I was and I more than doubled that.

Of course different angle of attack, but that one gave quite a wide coverage of 10-20cms, I'm wondering whether given the front is forecasted to hold up longer than expected, whether this could end up in a similar fashion and over perform?

1 minute ago, saintkip said:

Good luck and you are in a prime spot!

1 minute ago, A Wintry Mix said:

Agreed, too many times has snow been forecast, but Thanet stays green. No elevation plus surrounded by water doesn't help☹️

it does upset me when people say "bingo" or "jackpot" for the south east and we still see the tip of kent (thanet) out of the equation, something I should have got used too but never will

Snow starting here, 15 miles N of Portsmouth

Just now, kold weather said:

Paul, I'm starting to get whiffs of that Dec 2010 event here...remember how that one got big time upgraded as the event started. Was only ever forecasted 5-10cms where I was and I more than doubled that.

Of course different angle of attack, but that one gave quite a wide coverage of 10-20cms, I'm wondering whether given the front is forecasted to hold up longer than expected, whether this could end up in a similar fashion and over perform?

Yh this one could catch the forecasters with their pants down - Cant wait for the fall out from this if they dont up the levels and it does turn out worse (or better for us) than expected.

Get some cracking pictures mate

2 minutes ago, saintkip said:

I used to commute to Basingstoke and was always envious of how well it seemed to do in cold weather. Good luck! 😁🥂

(Fleet)

Edited by Mizzle

Temp rise in Deal Kent.

Temp 1.1c

But dew point holding -0.4

Whatever will be will be

Snow being reported just south of Croydon and Reading now... 

3 minutes ago, kold weather said:

UKMO 12z is quite a big upgrade as well in terms of precip, with 12hrs of snow roughly at a moderate level, then a 2nd bite tomorrow evening as the front re-energises and moves away. 2nd attempt is VERY marginal, but at some altitude and with snow cover in place, could provide another top up.

GFS P 12Z is also on par with the UKMO 12Z upgrade ❄️

Just now, Mizzle said:

I used to commute to Basingstoke and was always envious of how well it seemed to do in cold weather. Good luck! 😁🥂

Especially up farleigh wallop hill. Cheers👍🏻

1 minute ago, PLANET THANET said:

it does upset me when people say "bingo" or "jackpot" for the south east and we still see the tip of kent (thanet) out of the equation, something I should have got used too but never will

In years gone by I've seen some big falls of snow often being snowed in Monkton, didn't seem so hard to get snow back then.

2 minutes ago, onepingonly said:

Snow starting here, 15 miles N of Portsmouth

Cool, your about 10-15 miles further south of me, so I'm expecting it in the next 20-30 minutes in that case.

Think we may as well sign off north of zlondon before we depress ourselves listening to these people getting their snow fix 

Steady 1,8 and has been for several hours now, DP -0.9, wind is running at about 14 MPH with some stronger gusts. 

33 minutes ago, IPredictASnowStorm said:

I think everyone is going to get a shock I think they didn't think the precipitation would be as heavy as it is showing

😨😲

12-574PUK.gif

15-574PUK.gif

19020121_3112.gif