Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
Just now, fujita5 said:

All models very keen on keeping the Essex coastline snow free. This is odd though as the air coming in to the south coast has more of a sea track than that between France and Essex. I'm hoping for a surprise covering overnight but not expecting it....

Yeah may be a surprise here on the coast but got feeling temps and dew points will go up again in few hours and i think the upper air temps are meant to rise later,but we will see

Posted
19 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

By who? Yamkin ?? 

And  an amber warming means ‘take action’ .... 2-5cms isn’t requiring that - surely ???

2-5cm we all need to get to the Library and start burning books ASAP ? seriously though id Ben happy with that amount up here !

Posted
1 minute ago, Weathizard said:

If you live in woodingdean/hollingbury or at elevation somewhere i’d be rather cautious with how far you go...I’m sure by 9pm if there’s more you than a MM of snow it’ll be CHAOS and public transport will be buggered! 

I live near the race hill and I’m in town till 9 so I’m anticipating a possible nightmare getting home

My thoughts too, I’m near hollingbury and due to go to hove but back before 9. You are right about the mm of snow causing chaos....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
1 minute ago, Weathizard said:

If you live in woodingdean/hollingbury or at elevation somewhere i’d be rather cautious with how far you go...I’m sure by 9pm if there’s more you than a MM of snow it’ll be CHAOS and public transport will be buggered! 

I live near the race hill and I’m in town till 9 so I’m anticipating a possible nightmare getting home

It was still chaos up Hollingbury way yesterday from Tuesdays 2cm where it didn’t melt and turned to ice. I’m up that way now. Waiting...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual works for me...!

Temp here in Woking has fallen from 2.9c to 1.2c in the last 90 mins or so. Humidity per my Vantage Pro is 47%.

Good!

Posted
Just now, Brightlight said:

My thoughts too, I’m near hollingbury and due to go to hove but back before 9. You are right about the mm of snow causing chaos....

Good luck lol!

Still no sign of any flakes here, really really bitter now though.

So, there is no 1 ideal scenario here- we cannot please all-

A faster system which is what we have will bring a less moderated front which is great

A fast pivot means the stall out could well be North Kent, South London North Surrey...

But as ever 4-6 hours away theres still some margin there!

Edited by Steve Murr
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
22 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

By who? Yamkin ?? 

And  an amber warming means ‘take action’ .... 2-5cms isn’t requiring that - surely ???

I don’t know about other areas of the country but it’s no joke here when it snows even moderately - the transport infrastructure really, really struggles with ANY accumulation of the white stuff particularly around London - presumably mostly down to the density of people trying to complete their commute at the same time. I dread what the trains will be like later particularly - and wouldn’t envy anyone trying to navigate the road network after 9pm...

• Like 1

Posted

EURO4 is a big upgrade for London and surrounding area snow all the way till 12 in the afternoon tomorow

19020112_2_3112.gif

However we can't discount how marginal it'll be close to the estuary/cotsal areas. 

19020103_2_3112.gif

Edited by Cheese Rice
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunder

imageproxy.php?img=&key=d8af95ed7f22db9eTemps have never got over 3 today in the Surrey hills. This is now in my garden

B3D1A042-F0CD-4B3C-A8D0-DD40C24EC9BB.jpeg

Edited by John Stevens
Photo didn't upload first time

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
34 minutes ago, DAVE_ALLEN said:

Snow has made it almost all the way across the channel. First snow for the south east looks like falling over Seaford to Eastbourne and the surrounding south downs.

Another blob of snow is developing down the M3 near Bordon. Apart from Devon, all the rain has now turned to sleet in the SW over higher ground and away from the Welsh coast wales looks amazing. 

FullSizeRender-1.thumb.jpeg.523ee3ec75706a21d9235e2ee8e480f7.jpeg

:blink2:Looks like the French flag there, so is that French snow that we are going to get then?:oldangry:

A BREXIT goodbye present from them maybe?:oldlaugh:

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Checking in from this end of the Estuary

Temp 0.4c

Dp - 1.1

Fresh Easterly 

Yeah, no issues there mate, so baffled as to why pretty much every model = snowless for us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
3 minutes ago, Cheese Rice said:

EURO4 is a big upgrade for London and surrounding area snow all the way till 12 in the afternoon tomorow

19020112_2_3112.gif

However we can discount how marginal it'll be close to the estuary/cotsal areas. 

19020103_2_3112.gif

That ties in with Met Offices mention of rain for Brighton in the early hours of Friday morning 

Edited by Alpine glow
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Feel bit embarrased I asked what a Thames streamer was earlier as I've just seen tomorrow is my 10th anniversary of joining the group

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Weathizard said:

Radar says light snizzle 10 minutes ago, nothing to be seen! Can’t be long before touchdown now

6D9D259D-C42B-4953-B34C-137711918C92.jpeg

I suspect lighter echoes would evaporate before reaching the surface. Something you see a lot in the US with PPN moving in to a drier airmass.

• Thanks 1