Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Back online and caught up with last nights pages, thanks all for the lovely snowy pics! Nice to see that it delivered well for some, and that more could be coming..

I say that for those in the south of the region, the accumulations by the weekend (including snow from last night) could be above 10cm fairly widespread if the upgrades continue like they have throughout today

Looks like a great sky out there at the moment from the small patch I can see. Shame I’m stuck in the office staring at coordinates. 🙄

1 hour ago, lawrenk said:

Being only 10 miles inland, for once, I might be in a good spot tomorrow.

I still think somewhere like Crowborough will be a sweet spot though. Always hog the snow that lot!

We did very well last night - I think we had about 5/6 cms this morning. Still got a lot of lying snow now too. 

• Like 2

Gone very quiet on here!

Snow has remained in the shady spots today... The high earlier was around 6C.

• Like 2

Well we just had snow in hendon that wasn't forecadted but the met office mentioned something about passing showers

• Like 1

Left London (no snow) and it was 6oC. Got home (just past blue bell hill) and it’s 3oC and still a fair bit of snow still around. Drove through a snow shower around Rochester bridge on the m2 so quite close to sea level. Bodes well for tomorrow for a top up. 

Edited by CanadianCoops
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, yamkin said:

Euro model has not been that good

In parts, but broad scale within 24 hours it called yesterday very well....and the worrying trend which it started now seems to have followed on some of the 12z suites so far

We’ll see!

getting to the stage where I’m happy to see light snow showing over my area for more than a few hours on the models!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Snow heading right towards us (Epsom Downs) according to the radar. From what I can see in the sky, it looks imminent 😃

IMG_20190130_165630430.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, Daenerys said:

Snow heading right towards us (Epsom Downs) according to the radar. From what I can see in the sky, it looks imminent 😃

IMG_20190130_165630430.jpg

A little but it is evaporating very fast so just a flurry 

I get the feeling that tomorrows snow event wont be all that ! 

Edited by Binsey72
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just got a dusting of snow in Leighton buzzard 🙂...more in 10 mins than we got last night lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Up on the roof today caught this just before it was mental snow for about 10 mins.. 

DSC_1245.thumb.JPG.e75854a4da2941a0ef0179820fa38088.JPG

In the shade still snow up in Chilterns but where the sun has been its melted 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, smarklew said:

We did very well last night - I think we had about 5/6 cms this morning. Still got a lot of lying snow now too. 

Great. Reckon you could well do better than that tomorrow night.

• Thanks 1

Reading back it looks like we are not in the snow game here tomorrow in Baldock.

Anyone South of London wanna put me up for the night tomorrow. 😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I need a 20 mile shift northwards !!!🙏

UKMO 12z back a little further north this run with the heavier precip, though still mainly south of M4 job for the heaviest stuff. Still better, hopefully ECM also joins in an arrests this southward slide of the heavier stuff. ICON was so far the worst offender for this!

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, kold weather said:

UKMO 12z back a little further north this run with the heavier precip, though still mainly south of M4 job for the heaviest stuff. Still better, hopefully ECM also joins in an arrests this southward slide of the heavier stuff. ICON was so far the worst offender for this!

How’s surrey looking mate still on the cards I’d say

Temp nose dived, 1.3c and -3.4c dew point.

Deal Kent

• Like 3

Just now, Snow Queen one said:

Kold can you post the charts plz so I can look at them for my area thanks

SQ1

You’re so IMBY. Anyone would think this is the regional thread 😉

• Haha 2

Hi peeps 😊

Hope you all are good just left work in Milton Keynes had a 10 min snow shower which covered the cars. I have taken a day off tomorrow so will be in London. Anyone got any thoughts on what to expect in London tomorrow. I live in Walthamstow northeast of the region really praying we have at least a covering. 

I notice from some of the comments we are not due the snow untill evening. The Met update has it for tomorrow afternoon.

Anyway we all wait in hope

the search for our Winter Wonderland continues

wishing you all a great evening

regards 😊😊😊😊

• Like 1

I don't think I can Snow Queen sadly.

Surrey looks good on this run. ICON though was an utter disaster for Surrey, not sure why but the front leaps over parts of Surrey, pretty odd but I've seen a couple of others do this as well now. However UKMO was fine, no issues, probably 2-3 inches generally, maybe a touch less of the northern end of the county.

Euro4 will probably be out soon/already out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Was gona say mate if you look at the ukmo its got a deeper low so at the least it should look like the gfs maybe🤔?