Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

seems looking at peoples charts Peterborough will miss out again. we had about 5 mins of wet snow last night.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Chris101 said:

For goodness sake don't hype an Easterly😂🙈

Anyways how did it go down there?

We got nothing in Southend. Other places in Essex did quite well though. But as I say, it all starts tomorrow😂😂

• Like 1

@kold weather any news on the 6z ECM?

I have to say the EURO4 is concerning for anyone from London northwards - I’ve found over the last few years that it’s generally a bit all over the place with precipitation intensity up to 48 hours out, once it gets within 24 hours it tends to be pretty good. At 48 hours out, yesterday’s snowfall event looking like bringing a few cms even into central London....then as the runs ticked on, the precipitation intensity slowly died and we saw what we saw last night - a nice little event with elevation, but elsewhere generally just a small covering (if at all)

If the ECM is on the money then I will be a lot more comfortable - if we’re slowly heading to a EURO4 solution then for anyone North of the Thames, this could become another disappointment

Let’s see how it develops though, lots of complications in the flow with multiple centres of low 

2 minutes ago, Jackski4 said:

We got nothing in Southend. Other places in Essex did quite well though. But as I say, it all starts tomorrow😂😂

Gonna have to keep everything crossed up here, think i'll see something, front acts a bit like a seesaw so have to hope it tips as high as it needs to at this end.

• Thanks 1

Fantastic upgrade for the london area including 20 miles north 

Upgrades on amounts bbc news had now 3-6 cm widely greater london with the front slipping back southeast 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Update from the Beeb

9ED33A85-EF19-41AA-AA49-5B431EC240E1.jpeg

The  Totals are increasing. They also mentioned more snow pushing in to the southwest on Friday .

What wishy washy dung graphics

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

What are people’s thoughts on this outcome?

green: marginal 0-2cms

yellow: quite likely 2-4 cms

red: possibly up to 5 cms

73EF9A52-9445-4908-AAD6-C72050E0BD1F.jpeg

That looks like it will just about miss for me , damn it!

• Like 1

Just now, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

I can’t stand these BBC graphics TBh - they should go back to the sticky cloud symbols

Agreed, the snow looks like mist

Love it when we play snow maps 😁   , as things stand this would be my take on tomorrows situation.

mhvknc.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, snowking said:

@kold weather any news on the 6z ECM?

I have to say the EURO4 is concerning for anyone from London northwards - I’ve found over the last few years that it’s generally a bit all over the place with precipitation intensity up to 48 hours out, once it gets within 24 hours it tends to be pretty good. At 48 hours out, yesterday’s snowfall event looking like bringing a few cms even into central London....then as the runs ticked on, the precipitation intensity slowly died and we saw what we saw last night - a nice little event with elevation, but elsewhere generally just a small covering (if at all)

If the ECM is on the money then I will be a lot more comfortable - if we’re slowly heading to a EURO4 solution then for anyone North of the Thames, this could become another disappointment

Let’s see how it develops though, lots of complications in the flow with multiple centres of low 

Euro model has not been that good

• Thanks 1

BBC thinking the Midlands north get all the snow tomororw still. Clearly haven't seen this mornings runs 

• Haha 1

World will end if london gets 5cm

• Haha 1

The WRF high res from 1pm Thursday to 1pm Friday:

anim_fif3.gif

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

World will end if london gets 5cm

It's looking as your forecast was spot-on lass...A long, cold and snowy Smarch.😁

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

It's looking as your forecast was spot-on lass...A long, cold and snowy Smarch.😁

you can always count on smarch to deliver

• Haha 1

Went for a walk in Ewell Village at lunch, still some lying snow from last night. 

Beautiful day today, but hungry for a decent snowfall Thursday!

IMG_20190130_123119859_HDR.jpg

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Dami said:

wow I see the high horse is still in full effect. 

FYI. My interest in weather is like the American ranch cookery program I like watching. Just because the food is quite spicy and some ingredients not available in this country doesn't stop me watching it, nor does my lack of knowledge of models stop me reading the threads. The constant bicker at people like myself is uncalled for. Some of us are trying to learn and it's hard when you got so called knowledgeable members thinking it's fun to dangle carrots or feel they are somewhat superior. It is not very helpful.

I am really sorry that some of you don't like people questioning forecasts or getting upset when things don't go to plan. But this is a regional thread. I was posting to let people know at my location I still had rain, then when it changed to wet snow. If this thread doesn't want that then fine, i'll post one observation and leave it. 

Can't be bothered to say anymore, apart from if it snows tomorrow I'll keep my views to myself.

have a nice day.

I didn’t rant at you, nor did I see anyone else ranting 

Edited by Nqp15hhu

10 minutes ago, Yarmy said:

The WRF high res from 1pm Thursday to 1pm Friday:

anim_fif3.gif

That GIF is amazing I think!

You  can actually 'see' the pulse of higher energy work along the front from the SW and eventually into the north-sea. You can also clearly see the energy transfer eastwards tomorrow morning. 

4 minutes ago, Dami said:

wow I see the high horse is still in full effect. 

FYI. My interest in weather is like the American ranch cookery program I like watching. Just because the food is quite spicy and some ingredients not available in this country doesn't stop me watching it, nor does my lack of knowledge of models stop me reading the threads. The constant bicker at people like myself is uncalled for. Some of us are trying to learn and it's hard when you got so called knowledgeable members thinking it's fun to dangle carrots or feel they are somewhat superior. It is not very helpful.

I am really sorry that some of you don't like people questioning forecasts or getting upset when things don't go to plan. But this is a regional thread. I was posting to let people know at my location I still had rain, then when it changed to wet snow. If this thread doesn't want that then fine, i'll post one observation and leave it. 

Can't be bothered to say anymore, apart from if it snows tomorrow I'll keep my views to myself.

have a nice day.

It's a new day, stop gabbling on about it, 2 posts today and both to have a dig, funny you think its you people were on about isn't it, yet there were no names mentioned.

Yesterdays News😉

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

image.thumb.png.fc93df3d4076c275fcbf4751eba328ad.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

May I suggest if there's any issues that arise between members - they either contact a moderator or message those people directly. This'll help to keep this community focused on talking about the weather (among other things) and having an enjoyable time.

Many thanks.

In other news......snows coming! 🙂

• Like 7

Just now, weathergeek said:

My childhood home of Boxhill called me and I knew it would give me some magic since my now hometown let me down, lol! Notice the one at the top where it's all white but green in the distance downhill!!

20190130_100312.jpg

20190130_103353.jpg

20190130_105544.jpg

20190130_111923.jpg

20190130_120605.jpg

Lovely! 

• Thanks 1