Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

6 minutes ago, Mark said:

I always wonder that. With the concentration of people, surely there must be a good percentage of members in the center.

I think I'm the only zone one poster lol 

1 minute ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Sod all to report in London, sleety mix.

UHI done for us this time. 

Indeed, although we seem to have done a little better in NW London with a temporary covering 

2 minutes ago, snowking said:

I think it's probably more that there's not been much to post about in London away from higher ground, largely sleet and the marginality with the UHE really playing out here I think

To be honest, much as @bluearmy posted earlier, I lost interest in this event when the low sank into France, that was the shot at some really decent snowfall. But glad to see that much of the region has seen at least some falling snow, and looking good for those even further East.

Thursday looks interesting at the moment , but there's still a whole 48 hours to go with that yet. Hoping it can maintain the signposted intensity

I live in NE London, close to the Essex border. Have had snow here but it’s just given a slushy dusting. 

Last week we had about 3cm’s or so. 

And in the blink of an eye,rain to snow

1 minute ago, Ben Blizzard said:

birdbox.thumb.png.43b82395e868b47e23a795c7627f97dd.png Me forcing my family members to look at the snow 

My wife has gone to bed. Odds are evens for a snowball to the head if this rain ever turns.

Going to retire to bed now , still snowing lightly but what had started to accumulate has largely melted . Looking forward to Thursdays event and it was great to see snow falling again tonight .

Steady rain in Ipswich West, temp dropping fast and wind turning Westerly and strengthening slightly.

Heavy snow here, everything has a lovely covering, making the most of it before it stops, 😁

Weve got as far as the cars being half covered here in Gravesend "upon Thames" better than nothing I guess😂

20190129_215946.jpg

Edited by Kentspur

Temp and DP slowly on the rise now the precip has gone. Still only about 1.5c respectively, but I imagine will fall away as the night goes on

The sound of rain outside had gone quiet, I checked, and it now has turned to snow (albeit wet snow) in SWF.

Moderate Snow . Shorne West. Temp 1.4c. dP -1.8c .

A  light covering on everything.

How long till summer?

This “Winter” has really wound me up and I’m fed up with it.😤

The band is now starting to decay and we’ve had solid non stop rain for 4 hours. It’s absolutely pathetic 😡😡

3 minutes ago, snowrye said:

And in the blink of an eye,rain to snow

URRGGGH your like 2 or 3 miles north of me... 😞

Snow almost over, can hear drip drip drip, measly dusting but most we’ve had here this winter so far, roll on Thursday 

7BB82AC6-ED9A-4A40-B020-442B3A06663C.thumb.jpeg.1d006d68dab0068e2b8abefe2ee39b21.jpeg

Still snowing here west of Brighton , pretty heavy too 

Cold hard rain here... none of that changing from one thing to another here rubbish, I like precipitation who knows what it is!

1 minute ago, steveinsussex said:

maybe 1.5 cm's now

We have a winner!

BBC weather just posted this on twitter for Thursday, upgrading the 1-3cm from earlier forecasts in the SE to 1-5cm already. 

362E235E-2E38-4094-8651-EFAF5938F846.png

Snowing at about a 4 on the Murr scale. Road isn't settling but light coating on everything else. I imagine it'll melt as soon as the snow stops.