Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

I’m so annoyed , some teenagers just nicked my snow off my car , little sods , I wanted it !! 

3c and rain in Southend. Lots and lots of rain.

still raining in Westcliff with the temp still holding at 3.0 degrees

FC

3 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

man u 2-2burnley  newcastle 2-1 man city  that makes up for the lack of snow, a crap night for Manchester👍

No snow, and the usual Old Trafford Golden Goal rule, do not a happy combination make!:aggressive:

A good little covering here in North Essex. Temp 0.5... dropped a degree in last 30 mins or so 

Heavy snow Orpington Kent all white outside now 

21 minutes ago, lewis028 said:

anim_upy9.gif

Temp slowly coming down, still raining here in Leigh, expecting some transition really soon, weather map saying snow in Basildon, anyone confirm?

Not sure about Basildon but it’s definitely snowing in Ockendon now, not that far away.

2 minutes ago, lewis028 said:

And just like that, the transition to snow has happened in Leigh on sea 😁

Yep, for something so light and pathetic, its so satisfying haha

Well the temperature here has just dropped from 3.2c to 0.8c in about 20 minutes and the rain has turned to heavy sleet/wet snow.  Starting to settle on cars already.

2 minutes ago, Cheese Rice said:

There's a complete lack of posters in London on this forum is there a secret London weather forum I'm not aware of? 

I always wonder that. With the concentration of people, surely there must be a good percentage of members in the center.

WARNING: Bexhill Snow Shield Broken

I just witnessed a few wet flakes. Call the home guard...........batten down the hatches....it’s Snowing.

Well its something anyway, too wet to settle but better than nothing.

Puny  light snow on top of rain up here in the Chilterns, cannot believe it will be there by morning. So disappointing

1 minute ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Dewpoint is still above 0C, so it'll stay as rain.

The rain is a lot heavier here now so maybe it’ll come down but it’s got a long way to go.

Moderate snow in locksbottom and everything covered now in last 15mins.would be great if it continued like this for another couple hours!!.Temp down to 1.1

I don't believe it... Could it be? Yeah... YEAH IT IS! OMG!

It's still bloomin' raining...

wow, just watching the outside temp in Westcliff falling away, down to 2.7 now.... still raining though

FC

Been snowing moderate to heavy in Sevenoaks on the Downs for about an hour now. Thin covering and still falling.. 

Edited by HighPressure

3 minutes ago, Cheese Rice said:

There's a complete lack of posters in London on this forum is there a secret London weather forum I'm not aware of? 

I think it's probably more that there's not been much to post about in London away from higher ground, largely sleet and the marginality with the UHE really playing out here I think

To be honest, much as @bluearmy posted earlier, I lost interest in this event when the low sank into France, that was the shot at some really decent snowfall. But glad to see that much of the region has seen at least some falling snow, and looking good for those even further East.

Thursday looks interesting at the moment , but there's still a whole 48 hours to go with that yet. Hoping it can maintain the signposted intensity

Snowing in Pitsea so should be about to turn to snow in Southend within the next few minutes, not great intensity though, I've not yet got a dusting and the main band has already passed me lol

Is the band expected to slow down at all? I thought it was meant to get a bit more ooomph about it and slows down as it leaves east Anglia?

Snow settling just outside of Eastbourne! 

4 minutes ago, Meggy said:

Not sure about Basildon but it’s definitely snowing in Ockendon now, not that far away.

Snowing in Basildon!

3 minutes ago, Mark said:

I always wonder that. With the concentration of people, surely there must be a good percentage of members in the center.

Sod all to report in London, sleety mix.

UHI done for us this time. 

The temperature has actually risen here slightly, lol 😂 Nevernind. Hope those getting snow are enjoying it. Fingers crossed for a better event on Thursday