Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

25 minutes ago, Tom Jarvis said:

What’s The situation in Crowborough atm 

Snowing and settling on grass and patio furniture 😊

2 minutes ago, snowray said:

I can report..................Light wet snow, at last!👍

We haven't got any yet!  My hubby thinks its hilarious, I keep going to look out the front door. 😂

Really is interesting the areas North of the Estuary with that wedge of warmer dewpoints and solid rain, the colder undercutting has no doubt gone through with the reports of snow now South of the Thames further East into Kent. 

Here is hoping Thursday's does not suffer the same fate North of the warmer Estuary. Am surprised about Chelmsford still having rain though as thats fully 14 miles NW of the Estuary

Still absolutely pouring with rain here in Maldon, Essex.😢

I can see this being a massive disappointment! The puddles are huge it’s been raining for hours 😡

3 minutes ago, echodelta21 said:

So given that this was meant to be an overnight job....has this front sped up and is ahead of schedule? Or have we got more to come from backbuilding/stalling?

According to Dan Holley (Staplehurst on Netweather), reduced upper forcing (whatever that is) means that the front is fading.

Just now, Paul Sherman said:

Really is interesting the areas North of the Estuary with that wedge of warmer dewpoints and solid rain, the colder undercutting has no doubt gone through with the reports of snow now South of the Thames further East into Kent. 

Here is hoping Thursday's does not suffer the same fate North of the warmer Estuary. Am surprised about Chelmsford still having rain though as thats fully 14 miles NW of the Estuary

Don't worry - Some of us South of the Estuary are still seeing nothing but heavy rain too

Still snowing here in Waltham abbey but very small flakes. 

Cold rain in Central no sign of it letting up. Sigh...  

Heavy snow--now  0.5C

Heathfield E Sussex

1 minute ago, Paul Sherman said:

Presumably, that effect still applies up here? 

1 minute ago, Paul Sherman said:

Am surprised about Chelmsford still having rain though as thats fully 14 miles NW of the Estuary

Too much hot air in Chelmsford

Of course I took my trainee weathergeeks out in it at 9pm!!!🤣🤣 

I have heavy rain forecast for 11pm according to Meto??!! Is my 1cm accumulation going to be washed away??!!😱

20190129_210238.jpg

Edited by weathergeek

2 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Any ideas as to why areas further west received snowfall e.g Swindon, Hertfordshire, whilst those of us who are further east have drizzle despite being best suited for snow cover? 

Just now, Nqp15hhu said:

Any ideas as to why areas further west received snowfall e.g Swindon, Hertfordshire, whilst those of us who are further east have drizzle despite being best suited for snow cover? 

Height. Many areas (inc mine in Stevenage) 110asl

18 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

Winter 2019. Done. 💪😉

IMG_20190129_210549193.jpg

What is that? A Snowmouse?:blink2::oldlaugh:

Evening can now post again on my phone hooray. Coming back from the gym it was trying to snow. Not sure what its doing now lol.

Half an inch covered most things now stopping looking forward to Thursday s main course

2 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Lakenheath and Mildenhall have turned West in the last hour and dropped like a stone, there is hope.

Just now, snowray said:

What is that? A Snowmouse?

A snowdwarf

Much lighter snow now in Reigate. Radar suggests it's all light stuff from hereon before fizzling out in about an hour or so.  Small amount of settling on cars and grass.

2 minutes ago, Tim Bland said:

Height. Many areas (inc mine in Stevenage) 110asl

It is snowing in places like Brighton though. There were posters discussing this being a sleety affair for the south but they seemed to have got the lions share. 

Also Ely and Cambridgeshire is flat as a pancake. No hills over there

Edited by Nqp15hhu