SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best of luck to the SE gang tonight ?

Evening All, I hope other Members have no objection but just wanted to post up a Wintry Slideshow, for our Kentish Members. But I hope all Members will enjoy these very Wintry photos, from around

Best of luck yo you guys and girls in the South. Don't give up hope if it starts as rain. It rained here for about 2 hours now it's heavy snow. You should be good for a few cms also as it's very heavy

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, echodelta21 said:

So given that this was meant to be an overnight job....has this front sped up and is ahead of schedule? Or have we got more to come from backbuilding/stalling?

According to Dan Holley (Staplehurst on Netweather), reduced upper forcing (whatever that is) means that the front is fading.

Just now, Paul Sherman said:

Really is interesting the areas North of the Estuary with that wedge of warmer dewpoints and solid rain, the colder undercutting has no doubt gone through with the reports of snow now South of the Thames further East into Kent. 

Here is hoping Thursday's does not suffer the same fate North of the warmer Estuary. Am surprised about Chelmsford still having rain though as thats fully 14 miles NW of the Estuary

Don't worry - Some of us South of the Estuary are still seeing nothing but heavy rain too

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Paul Sherman said:

Really is interesting the areas North of the Estuary with that wedge of warmer dewpoints and solid rain, the colder undercutting has no doubt gone through with the reports of snow now South of the Thames further East into Kent. 

Here is hoping Thursday's does not suffer the same fate North of the warmer Estuary. Am surprised about Chelmsford still having rain though as thats fully 14 miles NW of the Estuary

Presumably, that effect still applies up here? 

Of course I took my trainee weathergeeks out in it at 9pm!!!?? 

I have heavy rain forecast for 11pm according to Meto??!! Is my 1cm accumulation going to be washed away??!!?

20190129_210238.jpg

Edited by weathergeek
  • Like 4
2 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Any ideas as to why areas further west received snowfall e.g Swindon, Hertfordshire, whilst those of us who are further east have drizzle despite being best suited for snow cover? 

Just now, Nqp15hhu said:

Any ideas as to why areas further west received snowfall e.g Swindon, Hertfordshire, whilst those of us who are further east have drizzle despite being best suited for snow cover? 

Height. Many areas (inc mine in Stevenage) 110asl

2 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Lakenheath and Mildenhall have turned West in the last hour and dropped like a stone, there is hope.

2 minutes ago, Tim Bland said:

Height. Many areas (inc mine in Stevenage) 110asl

It is snowing in places like Brighton though. There were posters discussing this being a sleety affair for the south but they seemed to have got the lions share. 

Also Ely and Cambridgeshire is flat as a pancake. No hills over there

Edited by Nqp15hhu