SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best of luck to the SE gang tonight ?

Evening All, I hope other Members have no objection but just wanted to post up a Wintry Slideshow, for our Kentish Members. But I hope all Members will enjoy these very Wintry photos, from around

Best of luck yo you guys and girls in the South. Don't give up hope if it starts as rain. It rained here for about 2 hours now it's heavy snow. You should be good for a few cms also as it's very heavy

Posted Images

Transitioning to a sleety mix here in Tunbridge Wells - high excitement in our household, which speaks volumes for the winter so far! Will take anything at this point, and many thanks to TWBC for ensuring that the lamppost outside my house is not only now working, but working 24/7 so I can make the most of the wintry scene. Good luck to other NW SE members!

8 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Yh this was my worry being so close to the Estuary with a SE Wind blowing - Not looking good for us

Well looking at the radar, the SE wind is turning the rain to sleet (very light, but I assume its a cooling wind), so it might even help us? (I admit thats a very optimistic view though lol)

I guess we'll know within the hour 

Edited by Rambo
  • Like 1

Have to applaud those who did forecasts for generally giving the widespread dusting/1-2cm correct with higher ground receiving more as that definitely seems to be exactly it so far! 

As promised @markwheeler some pics from the dog walk in Surbiton. Our snow is definitely of the smaller wet flakes variety now, almost rain at times. Ah well, got to see some flakes ☃️fall

IMG_20190129_210634.jpg

• Like 3
Just now, Mustang said:

Same, I'm down Waterhouse Lane area and it's still raining quite heavily.

Yeah think we may get a bit of transition a bit later, but looks like we might crap out here tbh. 

Beehive Lane here. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, abruzzi spur said:

Pretty steady snow now in Reigate, has got a little heavier in the last half hour or so and continues to settle on cars at least.  

We have a little settling on the grass now.

• Like 2