SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best of luck to the SE gang tonight ?

Evening All, I hope other Members have no objection but just wanted to post up a Wintry Slideshow, for our Kentish Members. But I hope all Members will enjoy these very Wintry photos, from around

Best of luck yo you guys and girls in the South. Don't give up hope if it starts as rain. It rained here for about 2 hours now it's heavy snow. You should be good for a few cms also as it's very heavy

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, weathergeek said:

Might be worth me trying to get up Boxhill tomorrow then, if there was snow at the top of Pebble Hill..... that's if I don't slide back down, lol!

If I remember, I will walk to work the way that I can see Box Hill and let you know how it looks.

Nothing was settling but it was about an hour ago now! 

Edited by FlightlessWings

Update from Rochester: It's still sleeting though a little sleetier than 5 minutes ago, but still only sleeting with the odd sleety flake mixed in with the sleetiness... and I kinda feel like I've made Sleety seem like a weird word now through overuse...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Just now, Ben Blizzard said:

Update from Rochester: It's still sleeting though a little sleetier than 5 minutes ago, but still only sleeting with the odd sleety flake mixed in with the sleetiness... and I kinda feel like I've made Sleety seem like a weird word now through overuse...

Nothing but rain here in Strood still

1 minute ago, FlightlessWings said:

If I remember, I will walk to work the way that I can see Box Hill and let you know how it looks! Nothing was settling but it was about an hour ago now! 

Thank you FLW!! Snow starting to settle here in Ashtead so have higher hopes for Boxhill!

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, yamkin said:

The front sure is moving slow.........Temp here has nosed dived even more........Now 2.1C..........Snowing very nicely too ❄️❄️

The band seems to be thinning now? ..spoke too soon. 

• Haha 1

Looking at the radar I calculate Ely has roughly 2-3 more hours of moderate to light snow, and it’s all now settling, so  optimistic for a good 3-4cm now. Happy days! A good result at last 

• Like 1

Transition to snow now complete in Locksbottom.Temp dropped from 3.4 at 7.30 to 2.2 at 8.30.Maybe just maybe we might get a good covering if temperature continues to drop.Would think favoured spots like Biggin Hill Knockholt Halsted etc will have lying snow by 9pm if intensity is kept up.

• Like 1