Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

1 minute ago, Nqp15hhu said:

What does this mean for East Anglia? I haven’t looked at the radar and I keep seeing people saying that the backend is already at Bedfordshire. 

It is bone dry here. 

Very confused.

Front has reached Hunstanton but nowhere near cleared us yet, i'd say you're about guaranteed some snow later, maybe even a couple cm over in norwich

still rain here in Hunstanton but i think first sleet is mixing in if my eyes are telling me the truth

So, after heavy rain, then heavy sleet and then 20 minutes of (not lying) heavy snow it turned back to rain for about 40 minutes.

Now the temp has dropped to about 0.7c, it's back to sleet/snow mix, but turning more to snow over time.

(in Reading)

Big blob now around Edgware and moving towards Hendon...anyone around that way???😃

Ok I’m calling tonight it’s gonna be a bust , alarming lack of snow reports

34 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

ECM is one hell of an upgrade for us on Tuesday, couldn't track more perfectly with the heaviest stuff slap bang over us!

Tuesday? As in next Tuesday?

Few things about the radar

Its delayed by around five mins, so if a heavy bit is over you on radar, it’s likely already passed. 

The radar sometimes suffers from all sorts of anomalies so don’t take it too literally. 

The precip type isn’t showing any live data, it’s based on models so don’t take that literally either.

3 minutes ago, Delka said:

Front has reached Hunstanton but nowhere near cleared us yet, i'd say you're about guaranteed some snow later, maybe even a couple cm over in norwich

still rain here in Hunstanton but i think first sleet is mixing in if my eyes are telling me the truth

Thanks Delka. Fingers crossed for us

Edited by Nqp15hhu

1 minute ago, Jayces said:

Save your breaths folks aren't going to listen 😉

Well I don't know about anyone else but I'm reporting my current conditions, I've said nothing in those reports to the effect that we are only going to get rain.  If it turns to snow or sleet or even a plague of frogs, I'll report it.  The video Paul S posted last night was really educational.  My concern is that the band may be narrowing for us down here to the south of London and that notwithstanding some altitude we may not see much of anything wintry.  As I posted earlier, the tops of the Downs may well be different.  Fascinating watching though.

I've just looked outside and I can confirm it's night time in Croydon 😂

1 minute ago, snowray said:

Big blob now around Edgware and moving towards Hendon...anyone around that way???😃

Thank goodness Cyril Smith is deid! 3.5C and drizzling, up here...💤

1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

luckily we don't have any posters who overhype cold spells in here and disappoint those who think they know what the are talking about😉

And who are all strangely absent tonight !

I can confirm heavy rain has transitioned to drizzle here 

🤣

With a speed up of the front I have what looks like an 1 hour tops before the ppn clears. 

Good luck to those further east, seems you may have a better chance of a change over to snow. 

Edited by Ben Lewis

Snowing here

Heavy not settling yet

Edited by Lampostwatcher

I'm being trolled

Saw a huge snowflake, was about to get excited, it was a feather 

😞

Light rain in Chelmsford soaking everything, hope it changes soon.

One show matt baker just said theyve been in touch with weather peeps and up to 10cm and alex jones told him he sounds like thomas shaffenecker (sp)

Just now, Badgers01 said:

And who are all strangely absent tonight !

I'm glad i'm not the only one who noticed that lol👍

Anyone else on the SE coast, well its snowing in IOW, from the other regional thread, so if its snow there, then locations further east on the coast will definitely see some snow

Just now, Lampostwatcher said:

Snowing here

YES brilliant.

Lass must be snowing where you are now too, surely your getting your flakes, look outside!😃

The rain is getting heavier and there is some sleet mixed in it.

1 minute ago, SLEETY said:

Anyone else on the SE coast, well its snowing in IOW, from the other regional thread, so if its snow there, then locations further east on the coast will definitely see some snow

I think you've hit the nail on the head

41 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

ECM is one hell of an upgrade for us on Tuesday, couldn't track more perfectly with the heaviest stuff slap bang over us!

Yo've got to show us a chart Dan!