Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

I just have sleet symbols on Meto now for Leatherhead..... last Tuesday I didn't expect anything and snow (albeit not settling) and this Tuesday I expected some snow (albeit not a lot!) and now just sleet!!! Obviously this still could change but I'm not hopeful. Just got to hope that Thursday/any on going chances might happen!

• Like 1
  • Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best of luck to the SE gang tonight ?

Evening All, I hope other Members have no objection but just wanted to post up a Wintry Slideshow, for our Kentish Members. But I hope all Members will enjoy these very Wintry photos, from around

Best of luck yo you guys and girls in the South. Don't give up hope if it starts as rain. It rained here for about 2 hours now it's heavy snow. You should be good for a few cms also as it's very heavy

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, CanadianCoops said:

Just checking the other regional threads and reports coming in suggest the settling snow line seems to be about 200m at the moment across Scotland, Wales and north west England.

That's good for us, temperatures will be lower by tonight.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Jackski4 said:

Elaborate and say more positive things like this??

That area of high ppn rates should slowly slip south east... Well that's what the models suggest 

3 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Front pushing east, nice ppn rates sleet to snow quite quickly.. 

How you think the timing is going Surrey? all on schedule would you say?

Edited by Kent Blizzard
1 minute ago, Surrey said:

Front pushing east, nice ppn rates sleet to snow quite quickly.. 

Ah, THAT plan, thought you meant THE plan. Soz. ?

Seriously, hope everyone get's something tonight.

The low pressure seems to be a bit further north to me and has joined up with the front.  Am I seeing this right?  And does this mean the front has been given more energy and will not decay as much during the day on its travels to us in the SE?

Screenshot_20190129-103911_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Snow Queen one
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, fluid dynamic said:

There's a Plan? if there's a plan what's plan B? I hope COBR is going to brief us soon 

Of course there's a plan! But, until tonight, we won't know whether to expect Plan A or Plan B? You never know, they might even be the same plan?:hi:

Following on from SQ1's radar pic - this pic illustrates nicely those with dew points above freezing and reporting rain, and those reporting snow.

cgicurrentgraph.thumb.gif.1cc30a5e6426f2e8d1ec3dbc78619387.gif 

@Snow Queen oneI think its taking the track forecast into the bay of biscay.

• Like 1