SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best of luck to the SE gang tonight ?

Evening All, I hope other Members have no objection but just wanted to post up a Wintry Slideshow, for our Kentish Members. But I hope all Members will enjoy these very Wintry photos, from around

Best of luck yo you guys and girls in the South. Don't give up hope if it starts as rain. It rained here for about 2 hours now it's heavy snow. You should be good for a few cms also as it's very heavy

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Dami said:

when you get a parent mail regarding snow procedures from bubs school. Well that's jinxed it.

We had the dreaded email from school yesterday outlining the risk from the forecast of 1 to 3CM lol! 

I’m quite optimistic about Beds and Cambs area later for snow!

Edited by 80sWeather
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Wimbledon88 said:

What? This forecast? We've had several years in a row in the past when never had a forecast like this. It's as good as it gets given the marginal situation. 

Screenshot_20190129-073624.png

That does sound more promising than the one for the eastern region which is the one I read.

14 minutes ago, Icebox said:

Blimey I'm surrounded... 

Not quite! coyg 

In other news, the front looks an impressive size on radar, we need it to drag it's heels as it crosses the country and we could be in with an entertaining evening...

• Like 4

so is the snow written off for tonight? people been banging on for days how good the chances are for snow tonight even yesterday im seeing maps with tons of snow on and now the BBC says no, met office gives warning of snow but it's predicting rain on it's forecast. Looks like we'll be lucky to get a dusting at this rate.... im sure exactly the same will happen for thursday

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Nqp15hhu said:

Not sure why there's so much negativity about marginality. It's looking like we're guarnteed for snow tonight?

Say's who?

All we can do now is go off the radar really, the charts at this stage won't really tell us much about tonight. All we can do is compare previous projections with current radar, track etc

Of course just my opinion with this type of event ? others have own methods.

Edited by Kent Blizzard
2 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Say's who?

All we can do now is go off the radar really, the charts at this stage won't really tell us much about tonight. All we can do is compare previous projections with current radar, track etc

Well, the snowfall is arriving at 9pm, so I would think it wouldn't be too marginal.

Morning all,

Chilly night here down to -4c, hovering now around the 0c mark.

My thoughts for tonight are still good, didn't pay too much attention to last nights bbc forecast purely because they had the front pretty much through us by this evening, don't know what its showing this morning but that evo was just to fast considering meto warnings don't start till this evening.

Obviously i would love things to be a bit less marginal, but some great snowfalls have come from charts you would swear were going to be a washout.

Buckle up and get ready for the ride people, 

GOOD LUCK❄️❄️?

• Like 1

Chelsea fan in a house full of Gooners, here ?

I'll be spending the evening watching the radar and light outside, no doubt! When is the main band of PPN due to hit Surrey? Looking at the radar now, is that the lot coming in from the west now?

• Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

Hopefully our snowfall this week isn’t ‘spurs snow’...... we could do without it bottling out after looking so good for so long ......

Whey-hey ?

• Haha 1