Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

15 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

What's the latest on tomorrow evenings cataclysmic event?...GFS showing low to far north or ECM showing low not oriented right, GFS/P to far south or Icon maybe bang on! haven't been in MOD thread after last night but I bet that's what it's like 😀...personally feel It will be all a lot hot air (for this region) as per the winter so far!

I live in hope of a change...

Looking at the runs this morning I think anyone north of London is in with a better shout than Kent/Sussex.

This is a firmly nowcast event though. The pivot will make all the difference between slush and lying snow. 

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see people who live within walking distance of each other on here having totally different outcomes as we get into Wednesday

• Like 1

This sote always predicts well when it comes to snow events. It shows just a very little snow Wednesday morning for Brighton. This was the thing I was talking about earlier:

3BC9BBCF-17FB-42A7-AB12-894662393705.jpeg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, throwoff said:

Had a word with my friend at Network Rail earlier, in a word 'panic' is what is occurring with the train planning for the week.

Though my friend personally seems to feel it is being over-egged a little it is encouraging for us snow chasers to hear that those with access to some high level forecasting are starting their contingency plans.

And the book of emergency excuses is being well read right now I imagine 🙂

• Haha 1

I have yet to see what the public think as I haven't been to see if our shop is out of bread and milk.

• Haha 1

Just now, fluid dynamic said:

And the book of emergency excuses is being well read right now I imagine 🙂

I should imagine so. Last year he got sent to check the emergency supplies at one of the depots and it consisted of a high vis vest in size small, a flare and a box of space blankets (with most of them missing)

• Haha 4

I think we need some help from Annie Aston to decide where tomorrow's sweet spot will be...

anne_aston_10.jpg

Edited by Timmytour
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, throwoff said:

I should imagine so. Last year he got sent to check the emergency supplies at one of the depots and it consisted of a high vis vest in size small, a flare and a box of space blankets (with most of them missing)

excellent. nothing to do with getting trains around reliably then 🙂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, turkishfella said:

This sote always predicts well when it comes to snow events. It shows just a very little snow Wednesday morning for Brighton. This was the thing I was talking about earlier:

3BC9BBCF-17FB-42A7-AB12-894662393705.jpeg

That chart predicts quite a bit more snowfall on the North Norfolk coast than inland.🤔

1 minute ago, fluid dynamic said:

excellent. nothing to do with getting trains around reliably then 🙂

However much it snows, peeps using Southern Trains won't notice any difference?😁

• Haha 7

2 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

However much it snows, peeps using Southern Trains won't notice any difference?😁

Oh we are victims of the South West Trains service. 🤣  I imagine the race to be the crappiest Trains service is pretty hot at this time of year

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I've heard it could be very localised...this could be the scene in a higher altitude town like Wycombe in the south east if your in the sweet spot!

snowfeetweb.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

The bbc London weather didn’t even go past graphics wise past 4oclock tmrw , although they said 1cm to 3cm quite widely . You would think they’d at least have a stab at it .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

The bbc London weather didn’t even go past graphics wise past 4oclock tmrw , although they said 1cm to 3cm quite widely . You would think they’d at least have a stab at it .

Useless! Notice how the look east forecast showed snow Thursday and Saturday and the main forecast at 1:30 looked good for Thursday !

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jackski4 said:

Useless! Notice how the look east forecast showed snow Thursday and Saturday and the main forecast at 1:30 looked good for Thursday !

I missed the 1:30 forecast, I knew the London forecast would be crap as soon as the lady said here is a picture from this morning with not a cloud in the sky despite in the picture it clearly showing some high clouds in the background she then quickly corrected herself , Poor Lass 🤣

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

The national forecast that was updated an hour ago went through to Thursday, although they didn't seem particularly confident still. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Dami said:

I have yet to see what the public think as I haven't been to see if our shop is out of bread and milk.

Having just come back from Sainsburys, can confirm every single pensioner in Buckinghamshire is currently in there.

Urgh...lots to do tomorrow, wish the forecast would firm up a bit!! Wycombe is a nightmare when it snows. My friend took 5 and a half hours to get from Beaconsfield to High Wycombe last week, about 4 miles. Over capacity A roads and hills everywhere means 3cms and grind the place to a halt.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Team Squirrel said:

Having just come back from Sainsburys, can confirm every single pensioner in Buckinghamshire is currently in there.

Urgh...lots to do tomorrow, wish the forecast would firm up a bit!! Wycombe is a nightmare when it snows. My friend took 5 and a half hours to get from Beaconsfield to High Wycombe last week, about 4 miles. Over capacity A roads and hills everywhere means 3cms and grind the place to a halt.

To be honest, I did the same just in case

4hbgb21taurz.jpg

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Ed Stone said:

Neither must we forget that drivers adopt an 'alternative' Highway Code, the second it starts snowing: tailgating and full-beam-flashing become mandatory - as do feet getting stuck to the accelerator pedal, excessive use of one's middle finger, and random bursts of expletives!📢

Don’t forget removal of internal circuitry that makes the indicators work - and Lane choice dependant on car manufacturer 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The warning area from the met has now been updated to include the south coast! 🥳

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, EJA said:

The warning area from the met has now been updated to include the south coast! 🥳

Awoooga! I best get feeding the reindeer 😁

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

To be honest, I did the same just in case

4hbgb21taurz.jpg

Me too, that's why I was there!😀 My little MX5 is lovely...but she doesn't do snow, not even 1cm.

I'm highly optimistic. Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and possibly Monday? Subject to change of course, but winter is here😀