Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Just now, Icebox said:

Yes I have accepted the fact all we will have is a cold rain fest... hopefully the folks further inland might see a bit of snow, but even that's looking debatable now too.

Was looking like the far south would be the sweet spot but alas the midlands always seem to be the lucky ones, very frustrating! Ah well it’s only a bit of snow.... right 😭😂

10 minutes ago, kold weather said:

ICON 06z looking good for places away from the SW part of the region, the further NE/NW you are in this region, the better.

Indeed for places north of the Thames, looks like it stays as snow the whole way through for you guys.

Time of arrival however is exceptionally poor for us, right at peak daytime heating. Could do with it getting delayed or brought forward 3-4hrs. Either side would be better.

This for Thursday?

Been snowing on and off in my location all morning. Was not expecting anything today.  Im in Wymondham today.

Edited by Let_it_snow

2 minutes ago, Weathizard said:

Was looking like the far south would be the sweet spot but alas the midlands always seem to be the lucky ones, very frustrating! Ah well it’s only a bit of snow.... right 😭😂

And now the rest of the week looks like that may go a bit pear shaped too...

The way our luck has gone this winter, you just know we are going to end up with a cool spring under a constant chilly easterly... 2 months too late! 😂

14 minutes ago, throwoff said:

This could be the make or break week of the winter, heres hoping!

WAIT....WE always have 10 Days ahead to look forward too 😁

Hmm , not much expected in the way of snow down here on Tuesday it seems , let’s hope we can get a good covering later in the week .

10 minutes ago, kold weather said:

I think a very good shot unless the GFS is correct with the angle of the front.

ICON  06z has also made the front a little more active this time around compared to the 00z run with broadly 2-4cms forecasted in this region, with a peak at 5-6cms in local spots.

Thanks mate. We didn't do so well out of the last lot. Snowed but never settled. So fingers crossed.

I'll put my neck on the line here. I think we haven't finished seeing adjustments on that front. ICON 06z is closest to my thoughts, and the ECM is close as well. But I think there is some southward adjustments to come still.

Probably not going to make a huge difference to me personally. I'm off work again the next few days (still haven't shaken this illness and so I'm living off a few hours of sleep at night at the moment) so I can watch it but I think this is more interesting for places further north.

1 minute ago, Let_it_snow said:

Been snowing on and off in my location all morning. Was not expecting anything today.  Im in Wymondham today.

Which just goes to show, Anything could happen, Anything could happen Anything could happen Anything could happen, Anything could happen,Anything could happen, Anything could.....

Song in that somewhere 😜

2 minutes ago, kold weather said:

I'll put my neck on the line here. I think we haven't finished seeing adjustments on that front. ICON 06z is closest to my thoughts, and the ECM is close as well. But I think there is some southward adjustments to come still.

Probably not going to make a huge difference to me personally. I'm off work again the next few days (still haven't shaken this illness and so I'm living off a few hours of sleep at night at the moment) so I can watch it but I think this is more interesting for places further north.

You sure you're ill or do you just want to check weather models?😉

ICON goes for 5-10cms for this region, cutoff point from snow-rain is about 20 miles north of the coast. I'd be right on the southern boundary, though I'm at 300ft so that may slightly help. Broadly similar distribution as the 00z ECM, maybe a touch south.

Some high precip rates as well from the ICON worth noting, rush hour would be a problem if it was right.

Edited by kold weather

1 minute ago, kold weather said:

ICON goes for 5-10cms for this region, cutoff point from snow-rain is about 20 miles north of the coast. I'd be right on the southern boundary, though I'm at 300ft so that may slightly help.

Some high precip rates as well from the ICON worth noting, rush hour would be a problem if it was right.

What about Essex?😶

1 minute ago, kold weather said:

ICON goes for 5-10cms for this region, cutoff point from snow-rain is about 20 miles north of the coast. I'd be right on the southern boundary, though I'm at 300ft so that may slightly help.

Is this tomorrows potential or Thursdays?

Just now, snow raven said:

Is this tomorrows potential or Thursdays?

Thursdsay. ICON 06z went for 2-4cms broadly with a jackpot around 6cms this run, which was an upgrade on the 00z.

I see on the met office site it has us down for no snow now on either tues/wed and saturday but just the odd sleet shower, oh well it had to happen, it was too good to be true

15 minutes ago, Icebox said:

And now the rest of the week looks like that may go a bit pear shaped too...

The way our luck has gone this winter, you just know we are going to end up with a cool spring under a constant chilly easterly... 2 months too late! 😂

That's what I keep worrying about, that we'll have a really chilly Spring just as I'm wanting some lovely warm sun which will also help me get over this "winter of discontent", lol!!xx

Downgrade on the 06z GFS for Tuesday, front fizzles out even quicker on this run as a frontal feature gives rain to the SE ahead of the front we were watching. Would still be some snow but probably not worth measuring if the GFS is right.

However, that is in contrast to other models which haven't yet shown that trend...for example the ICON only shows very slight weakening so a chance the GFS is overdoing that.

Edited by kold weather

48 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Few flakes of snow about in East Anglia according to the radar, an interesting morning for you folk 🙂

It's not snowing here. It rained all night.

Please.. just a little further South..

ICON1.thumb.jpg.f0b38d80f3c7f2c719cd191b65b4cd51.jpg

24 minutes ago, Let_it_snow said:

What? It's pure rain in Norwich with a temp of 1c.

22 hours ago, Dami said:

I'm sitting on the fence. last time radars, maps, whatevers said i had snow. And I got freezing rain. 

This^. 

1 minute ago, Nqp15hhu said:

What? It's pure rain in Norwich with a temp of 1c.

You're probably being effected by temperatures being moderated by the North Sea 

4 minutes ago, Nqp15hhu said:

It's not snowing here. It rained all night.

Reports of a few flakes falling slightly South of you in Thorndon?

2 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

You're probably being effected by temperatures being moderated by the North Sea 

We have the NW wind. I think the atmosphere is just saturated.

7 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Please.. just a little further South..

ICON1.thumb.jpg.f0b38d80f3c7f2c719cd191b65b4cd51.jpg

Daniel, if you live in Strood, why would you want that feature to go south?  Really interested to know, assume your Strood is just east of London.

Edited by Sharpedge