Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

23 minutes ago, CSC said:

@Mods 

Is it possible to add a 'Poll' option on this forum? It would be awesome to have a poll where we can as a community predict how much snow will fall?

Just thought that would be cool!

ICON-EU is showing 1cm cumulative snowfall for Brighton by 6pm Wednesday maybe that is the starting bid ! 

Radar currently showing heavy precipitation on the east coast, can anyone tell me if it's just rain ?

Haha I bet Guy Fawkes is blowing that Low Pressure South, him and Darren Bent absolutely hate any idea of snow and cold in the Uk

4 minutes ago, fatyido said:

Radar currently showing heavy precipitation on the east coast, can anyone tell me if it's just rain ?

It's currently raining here, quite moderately. And the temperature keeps going up and down between 3.5c-4c. 

So no snow here.

Edited by Nqp15hhu

58 minutes ago, Dami said:

Hi! I'm an eastbournian born and breed and while I was still there, a forecast came on the telly for snow. I said to my now hubby 'Don't worry it never snows here' and we woke up to 6 inches the next morning. Keep the faith!

Hi. I've definitely got my fingers crossed. 

15 minutes ago, snowray said:

Who does the blinking CH4 weather? Man with a stupid sounding voice just showed London as rain on Tuesday and dry on Wednesday:bad:, leaving out the crucial overnight period.

So annoying!😡

MeteoGroup provides the data, but the supposed meteorologists at CH4 are meant to calculate and put charts together in time for a televised forecast............Liam Dutton is on CH4 too. He spends most of his time tackling the tabloids especially the Daily Express

6 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Haha I bet Guy Fawkes is blowing that Low Pressure South, him and Darren Bent absolutely hate any idea of snow and cold in the Uk

You're wrong about Darren Bent, Paul - he could send the ball so high it'd come back down with snow on it!😁

Screenshot_20190127-192922_Chrome.jpg

pink =snow 😁

Edited by fluid dynamic

47 minutes ago, Icebox said:

I have been there, 18 Dec 2010... just as we got to the station the Mrs phoned me up Arsenal v Stoke postponed it could of been worse we could of been on the train.

I don’t think the game would be cancelled but not keen on being stuck on a train heading south, we all know how well they handle snow 😬

latest from met office, red with pink  spots warning for our region, in excess of 20 feet possible😨

Just now, lassie23 said:

latest from met office, red with pink  spots warning for our region, in excess of 20 feet possible😨

*runs out and buys new boots immediately* 

I’m not getting excited yet I’ll wait for 00z UKMO people talking about 10-20cm for now expect nothing a few CM at most seems fairly good for a lot of us. Sweet spot intensity probably will brush coast.

It's brill up here, this evening: 4.6C, driving drizzle and a 39mph WNW'erly gale. Does that count as a 'drizzard'?:crazy:

Can sense @Steve Murr is going to be doing one of his picture charts. Looks like my place Crowborough could be the sweet spot 

Got out of the MOD thread...shot to ribbons and never had so many people quote me saying I was talking rubbish 😁 - we'll see if my thoughts come to fruition but they are very 'anti-mild' or anything against the contrary as if a number of them weren't wrong a week or so ago!

5 minutes ago, Tom Jarvis said:

Can sense @Steve Murr is going to be doing one of his picture charts. Looks like my place Crowborough could be the sweet spot 

My first winter in Crowborough. I’m excited for the week ahead!! 

1 minute ago, Froze were the Days said:

Got out of the MOD thread...shot to ribbons and never had so many people quote me saying I was talking rubbish 😁 - we'll see if my thoughts come to fruition but they are very 'anti-mild' or anything against the contrary as if a number of them weren't wrong a week or so ago!

After so many times of those snowy charts going tits up and their predictions being complete garbage, they should have some respect for other people's opinions.

12 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

The floor in there seems to be littered with eggshells. Didn’t realise how volatile people can get after 7pm on a Sunday evening 😮

Every night it seems to kick-off. Fun to read anyway ☺️

Edited by Flash bang flash bang etc

2 minutes ago, smarklew said:

My first winter in Crowborough. I’m excited for the week ahead!! 

Well you will get the settling snow before me. You know Crowborough is known for its micro climate and does very well with snowfall.

I live in Crowborough too, but now I work here snow is less lovely as I can still get to work! lol

33 minutes ago, yamkin said:

MeteoGroup provides the data, but the supposed meteorologists at CH4 are meant to calculate and put charts together in time for a televised forecast............Liam Dutton is on CH4 too. He spends most of his time tackling the tabloids especially the Daily Express

Thanks Yamkin, its just I had not head the ch4 weather forecast in years.

Don't worry, I changed the channel now.;)

Edited by snowray

1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

After so many times of those snowy charts going tits up and their predictions being complete garbage, they should have some respect for other people's opinions.

I mentioned the possibility of det runs being more consistent showing mild towards day 9/10 and :bomb:!!!!!!!...all hell let lose towards me :)...unless you back up your thoughts with numerous ensembles, clusters or anomaly charts your deemed as an idiot which to be honest after this fatigue ridden winter I couldn't be bothered...as said it's not as if many in there haven't backed up there thoughts and still been wrong (last week or so).