Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

1 minute ago, John90 said:

This wasn’t forecast 

And that's what makes this period of weather so interesting 

20 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Hi, ECM 06z is almost identical to ALL other models, it has 1-2 inches throughout our area, max is about 2.5 inches. Low pressure (at 988mbs) does take a similar track to the GFS. Only runs out to 90hrs so can't tell about Thursday yet.

I've got access to it now, fwiw.

How much was subs & what other info do you get - EPS postage stamps?

PM me if you want

26 minutes ago, snowray said:

I noticed just now that the Met Office site has just updated, heavy snow symbols for most of the SE throughout Tuesday night and into Wednesday morning, the snow finally moving away east/north east but still some snow around at 9am. This is likely to change again of course but its been upgrading the period of heavy snow since yesterday afternoon when it was showing mainly light snow over night. 
Areas just south of London looking like doing best of all.

Have sleet symbols here in W London. Hopefully that changes 🤞

24 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Hi, ECM 06z is almost identical to ALL other models, it has 1-2 inches throughout our area, max is about 2.5 inches. Low pressure (at 988mbs) does take a similar track to the GFS. Only runs out to 90hrs so can't tell about Thursday yet.

I've got access to it now, fwiw.

Is that on weather.us ?? weatherbell doesn’t have it 

It feels like the amounts expected keep downgrading. I was really hopeful of a good 10cms or more given some of the outrageous totals on GFSP for instance now being in a urban low lying Thames region I'm literally expecting anything from 1cm of slush to maybe 5-7cms if I'm really lucky here in NW Kent I can imagine my work in Borough Green close to the Downs will get triple what I have at home 

Edited by Kentspur

1 minute ago, Kentspur said:

It feels like the amounts expected keep downgrading I'm literally expecting anything from 1cm of slush to maybe 8cms if I'm really lucky here in NW Kent I can imagine my work in Borough Green close to the Downs will get triple what I have at home 

Nothing has downgraded yet

Heavy hail shower here and cold 4.4C...DP 1C

Temp on it's way down here, currently, 3.6, but dp holding steady at 1.5

52 minutes ago, Radiating Dendrite said:

He us just relaying what the 6z ECM showed (we don't see this run).

12z Icon coming out, yes the low is way further south I'm afraid to say. Still some PPN though from the cold front moving east.

Also under a proper good hail shower right now in South Woodham. It feels a lot colder than the 6.4 °C that it is. 

Yep Snowray, LP is south but similar snowfall amounts thanks to a reasonably active frontal system, its also a little weaker.

However also worth mentioning less marginality on the 12z ICON so snow down to coast on this run. METO figures of 1-3cms seems about right based on eyeballing it.

I swear I just heard a distant boom of thunder... Nothing on Blitzortung to suggest this though!

39 minutes ago, SenlacJack said:

Having a pre match pint or two 😉 ?  A nice unexpected bonus to get T & L as well.

I Wish 🙈, working I’m sorry to say , hopefully get back home for the match , been a few Sheffield fans around giving it attitude this afternoon.

12z Icon has a weaker low and further south, but still active front moving across region so snow.

Interesting to see what the other models do with it.

A very interesting forecast by the MetO regarding snow on Tues/Wed ❄️

10 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Yep Snowray, LP is south but similar snowfall amounts thanks to a reasonably active frontal system, its also a little weaker.

However also worth mentioning less marginality on the 12z ICON so snow down to coast on this run. METO figures of 1-3cms seems about right based on eyeballing it.

1-3cm is pretty pathetic in all reality though. I love the summer's in this part of the world, but the winters are rubbish.....only an Easterly ever really delivers and even they can be hit and miss snowfall wise. 

In the short term there's a big pulse of PPN coming right for Essex and it's just started with some hail.. !!

ICON looks fine for this region. All good news 

32 minutes ago, Kentspur said:

It feels like the amounts expected keep downgrading. I was really hopeful of a good 10cms or more given some of the outrageous totals on GFSP for instance now being in a urban low lying Thames region I'm literally expecting anything from 1cm of slush to maybe 5-7cms if I'm really lucky here in NW Kent I can imagine my work in Borough Green close to the Downs will get triple what I have at home 

Similar sort of location to yours here in Erith, near the Thames too but the 40m asl helps a bit, we will have to take Steve M's lead and move up some big hill somewhere.:oldgrin:

4 minutes ago, Radiating Dendrite said:

1-3cm is pretty pathetic in all reality though. I love the summer's in this part of the world, but the winters are rubbish.....only an Easterly ever really delivers and even they can be hit and miss snowfall wise. 

Have to agree. Will melt in a few hours. You really need about 10cm +.

Edited by Nqp15hhu

5 minutes ago, Nqp15hhu said:

Have to agree. Will melt in a few hours. You really need about 10cm +.

Looking cold Wednesday though max of 3c and down to -3c Wed night with a severe frost so any snow could hang around for a fair bit.

Edited by snowray

Seen snow flakes this afternoon on the beach, so bodes well for the snow even here for Tuesday night. 

Quite a bit of precipitation over me at the moment, but nothing falling. Let's hope this doesn't happen when the front comes on Tuesday evening, or we'll end up with nothing.  🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, SLEETY said:

Seen snow flakes this afternoon on the beach, so bodes well for the snow even here for Tuesday night. 

Snowflakes falling in Southend too. Near the coast 

10 minutes ago, snowray said:

Looking cold Wednesday though max of 3c and down to -3c Wed night with a severe frost so any snow could hang around for a fair bit.

I suppose. It just depends on how much falls.