Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

A crispy -4 here in N. Hampshire. Looks beautiful outside with everything shimmering in frost. 😍 Not looking forward to our milder blip coming up but hoping there are more scenes like this yet to come. 🤞🤞

-2c here in Waltham abbey. Looking good if that precip can hold together for a dusting maybe

2 hours ago, Mizzle said:

@TomSE12 From the GFS 00z ...is this kind of a Channel Low? 🤔 Or not, because it hasn't formed separately (i.e. it's not about where it is but more where it came from?)

gfsnh-0-150.png

Hi Mizzle,

No, I wouldn't call that a Channel Low actually. It's a much more messy evolution with a whole complex of lows tracking ESE, across the U.K. Much prefer the UKMO over both the ECM and GFS, version of events come the early to mid part of next week. The UKMO is a much "cleaner" evolution.

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

13 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Freezing rain is being reported in your area... 

I've not been out yet, but next doors car windows look icy.

3 minutes ago, john mac said:

-2c here in Waltham abbey. Looking good if that precip can hold together for a dusting maybe

I’m under the ppn. 

Its raining 

10 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

I’m under the ppn. 

Its raining 

That won’t be good if it stays together like that .....potentially very icy underfoot 

11 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

I’m under the ppn. 

Its raining 

What’s your temperature and dew point? 

Was expecting to see a few snow reports by now from that band of PPN as it moves south into the very cold air, chance of some freezing rain I guess.

2 minutes ago, john mac said:

What’s your temperature and dew point? 

Temp and Dew point are not the issue here they are both conductive of snow.. The issue is a warm layer spreading in from the west I would imagine 

Whatever it is, it’s about 10mins away from me. Looking to my north west. Sky filled in looking decent. We shall see.

Edited by john mac

Looks like some reports of freezing rain from that precip. Could be quite dangerous out there where that is occuring.

A beautiful salmon red/orange sunrise over London this morning. I'll post some pics when I can. 

Recorded a low of -5.6 last night here in Haywards Heath - may not have seen any snow from this cold spell but there have been some notable minimum temperatures  over the past few nights.

Absolutely stunning walk to work through Dorking this morning, although only just thawed out...

3B58E398-1F5B-4047-AA5F-E209D68A4D2F.jpeg

D2FCC471-08BD-48BA-94A5-2500A9E5A2B2.jpeg

Edited by FlightlessWings
Add image

it looks to me as though that band of snow on the radar is breaking up/weakening as it gets towards kent, apart from that we had a hard frost here in ramsgate last night and some lovely winter sunshine now

its icy under foot for sure, although unless i've suddenly grown to tolerate cold, it didn't feel that cold to me. However gutted that my snow was just icy rain. 

It was snow here almost an hour ago, didn't last long but was pretty and has left a dusting on some surfaces over the top of a lovely frost which has oddly enough started melting with it still being below freezing. Temp -0.5c and dew point -1c, any explanations as to why its turning to rain further south? 

It is lovely and sunny now but the sky has a reddish tinge to it, which could mean stormy weather is coming soon.

Some light snow falling here now with some big flakes mixed in, won’t be much but nice to see the first snow of 2019. Pretty hard frost last night too!

Edited by Nimbusman

A slight frost in Thanet last night boosted by limited cloud cover. Temperatures stayed around freezing point. 

Current Temps at 09:10 = 3C 

Real Feel = -1.2C

Snowing in London (Southbank) - although very light!

Just now, snow raven said:

Snowing in London (Southbank) - although very light!

Lovely stuff, PPN moving into the London area now, might see a few more flakes around. Quite an organised band just now around Dunstable moving south.

Light snow in parts of London ❄️